+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What is art to you?

Otaku Sneakyarrow is off to a good start Sneakyarrow's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What is art to you?

All of you are so right. I feel is it a shame that a lot of the "modern art" (i.e. blocks of compacted trash lined up, I-beams welded together in no general shape, etc...) takes precedence over art that people used actual skill to make. The modern art has no feeling, no emotion, and no point. Just wanted to say that.

Est Sularis oth Mithas
    Going home soon.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

a printed image of an individual's perspective of his or her world.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Art is a means of interpretation.

Our reality is an ever changing phenomenon and art is the best way to explain what it is.
    Why hello there!

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Pretty colors and cool designes!

Well, part of it...

Now, for me, art means the artists full feelings put into one painting and/or drawing. It's about expression, creativity, and orginality. It has to be unique and never done before, yet has so many orginal emotions. About using different colors to make it stand out, so it just jumps out at you. Basicly, something very eye-catching.

And, well, that's what I think true art is.

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

To me art is a primordial need to create. God is the first artist as he created light and thought it to be good. Humans came around and thought creation was pretty neat and started painting their cave walls to create their own worlds inspired by nature. They painted wilderbeasts and the first signature of course was the hand print.

Art has changed to fit the times but it originates in children who use crayolas to scribble on the wall until the world says it is no good. The world says get a job and artists look for ways to make a living. Graphic design, anime and computer 3d art are the sign of the times in that art is becoming more and more complicated as a mirror of society's identity with Captain Kirk and Spock puliing for the new tv sound and look.

Art is expression. If only we knew what it was saying. Sometimes life imitates art (harajuku) sometimes art imitates life (photography, nature scenes).

Being an artist, I know that good art, if it is to be aesthetically pleasing must have (like music) good composition, contrast, a dominant tone and color and temperature. Technical skills help but beyond technique, what makes great art is usually vision.

Art can be identified with its' master's vision. Van Gogh is usually imitated but never duplicated. There will be only one Mona Lisa. It's not hard to spot a Rembrandt from a fake one. Art is more than skill in that it captures personality with human touch.

An artist's personal touch is captured with every stroke so that the work speaks for itself even though the artist is long gone like an empty shell found on the beach once somebody lived in it. You can marvel at the shell's details and only wonder who was the soul who made this? With creation comes destruction and out of the ashes of destruction comes creation again like a newborn pheonix. Some art springs back into fashion... but individually art is timeless and is unique as a snowflake. :P

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

Art is a need to express one's individuality and a life style for me.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Otaku Ichiya Yuka is off to a good start
    Thanks

Art is life for me......

I like art very much.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3