+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What defines a real friend?

Otaku keitamoro is off to a good start keitamoro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What defines a real friend?

What makes a real friend is when they are by your side no matter what. Another thing that makes a real friend is when they don't ask much from you. The last thing that makes a real friend would be that when you are in trouble they come by you and try to come up with an excuse that would lead you out of trouble.

Newbie Coraline is off to a good start Coraline's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that the main factors people would cite as being a good friend is someone who sticks by you no matter what you do. I think that's not really what a good friend is, though - a true friend is someone who tells you when you're doing something stupid, not someone who's gonna be your yes man all the time. Someone who calls you out on your own mistakes if s/he feels it isn't right, but who won't stop being your friend just because of it.

lady ninja - resident knitwit

Newbie Japxican may be famous one day Japxican may be famous one day Japxican's Avatar
    Here, there, anywhere...kinda like eating green eggs and ham.
    Thanks

Everyone who's posted has pretty much summed it up for me. In my opinion, not only is a true friend someone who's always there for you, but also someone who's honest with you. If something's ticking you off about the other person, you can go to him/her and talk about it.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Everyone's posts pretty much reflect how I feel about friendship too ^.^

But...

To me, a real friend is someone who no matter what will always be there for you, and likewise. Even if you lose touch for years at a time, you can get back together and still know that person is there.

A real friend will let tell you the truth about everything, even if it might hurt you. I.E. If you are doing something stupid, your friend will let you know! LOL

A friend is someone who knows you on a deep level. The type of friend that knows without words what's going on with you.

I had two very close friends like this. I wouldn't have to say a thing. If I was going through a hard time, they just knew. And if I couldn't talk to them about it, they would just sit with me in comfortable, warm silence until I felt better. If I made a bad decision, they would either try to warn me about it, unafraid of how bad the truth can be... And in the end would still be there for me no matter what. They sacrificed a lot to help me in a few really tough spots in my life. They knew me almost better than some of my family! I in turn was there for them in the same way - No matter what happened between us, or our families.

I had a bad experience when I was 13... I was in the hospital, and when I woke up, there they were, holding my hands. Can't describe in words how that feels.

I loved them like my brothers. Unfortunately, both passed away But I can take comfort in the fact that I was lucky enough to experience true friendship like that.

Sorry that was so long ^.^;;;
    Last edited by Spike'sRose; Jun 28, 2010 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Typos D:

Otaku pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru's Avatar
    Thanks

A true friend sticks with you through the good times and the bad, such as Kerry Wedgwood. A true friend will say what you might not want to hear, but a true friend won't stay mad...like Kedar.

A true friend loves you for who you are not what you could be...Melissa Tellez. A true friend should be cherished, Liz Quinn.

A friend to love with... A friend to play with... A friend to be with... A friend to stay with...

~Piga

o~Piggy-san~o

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pigtaru View Post
    A true friend sticks with you through the good times and the bad, such as Kerry Wedgwood. A true friend will say what you might not want to hear, but a true friend won't stay mad...like Kedar.

A true friend loves you for who you are not what you could be...Melissa Tellez. A true friend should be cherished, Liz Quinn.

A friend to love with... A friend to play with... A friend to be with... A friend to stay with...

~Piga
    i knew it piggy... I'm not considered to be your friend *cries* joke!

To me a true friend doesn't judge you. They accept you for you are and wouldn't change anything about you. They know you flaws but realize that they are apart of you and wouldn't have you any other way.

They support you! they try to be there when they needed the most whether its to cheer you up after a break up or to open your eyes in a situation you've got yourself into without realizing it.

Then stand up for you! especially you met some crazy person in the bar who instantly judges you as a bad person for talk to someone they know. But your friends have your back so you know that with them there, you can clear up the situation. Its that kind of help that really makes you know who your friends are!
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Newbie AngelMage is off to a good start AngelMage's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm..Well I have always felt honesty.(As many have said in this thread.)As well as being able to talk about just about anything,a person that never leaves your thoughts,that you would be willing to help them regardless of how silly they might be being at the time..That you will do whatever you can to help them.

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

A good friend will forgive you 40 or 100 times. See your potential. Dust you off and make you shine. Understands without needing words. Will take some of the punches for you. Wipes away tears. A shoulder to cry on. Will be strong when you are weak. Reaches when you're too short. Doesn't hold grudges. And sees themselves in you. They believe in you and knows words of wisdom about life death and everything else in between. They know you're not perfect, laugh with you with their imperfections and learn this thing called life with you. They see you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast