+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: What do girls prefer more than a box of chocolate for valentines

Newbie TealGreenFrog is off to a good start TealGreenFrog's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What do girls prefer more than a box of chocolate for valentines

Yeah, I noticed the Valentine stuff on some of the stores shelves already also.

Remember, Valentines Day is the traditional day on which lovers express their love for each other.

Each Valentine gift is unique as the person giving and receiving.
    Since we are talking about what girls prefer over chocolates, it really depends on the level you are with a girl and how you wish to express your love to her.

If you are interested in a girl and you are at an introductory stage then chocolates, a hand written card or a stuffed animal would be a start.

If you have been in a relationship for a while where you know each other then you will know what she likes and dislikes.

You got to be careful on the chocolates. Many chocolates are stuffed with some weird tasting fluff, cherries, cream or carmel and some have different levels of darkness. Maybe not all would be pleasurable to her. Chocolates can be expensive also.

Flowers can be expensive. For example, one year I got orange carnations. I never heard the end of the expense of it. I never asked for it, heck, I never knew one could add color to a flower to change it. So be comfortable with what expense you are willing to make.

Some girls like mooshy stuff, something for example like a special CD that she can listen to that is just “you guy’s”song.
    Or something as simple as taking her out so she would not have to cook or as elaborate as taking her on a trip. Valentine’s Day really should focus on the most important thing, in my opinion, which is spending time together.
    TealGreenFrog

"Don't look back. If you got something to do, then only look forward." - Kurogane ( RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE)

Newbie INUYASHA is off to a good start INUYASHA's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Most of the girls I know don't really do the whole chocolate thing. Don't ask, I'm still tryin' to figure that out, LOL.

But aside from chocolate, I'd have to say what a girl would want for a Valentine's Day gift would be something thoughtful. Yeah, I know it's a bit vague, but shopping for a gift (no matter the season) reflects how you think/feel about that person.

A box of chocolate is nothing. Same with flowers--unless they are accompanying some other gift. I usually go with jewelry or home-made gifts like artwork. On occasion, I'll step out of the box and buy things like diaries/journals, or some kind of wierd girly accessory--which is hella embarassing, considering you're in a girly store buyin' girly crap.

It's not really about buying things of monetary value though. You could cook her a nice dinner and that alone will show her how much thought you put in to the holiday and your relationship--or lack there of, if you're tryin' to score a new GF.
    im a pretty good cook wen it comes to hotdogs so no but and im not trying to get one i got one but just trying to keep her happy shes always kinda down cause her parents so i want to surprise her!

Quote Originally Posted by mahiru View Post
    For me, I really like baking and such, and the one year when I had a boyfriend on Valentine's day he bought a bunch of ingredients and we baked cookies and a pie together. It was really nice because, like with chocolate, you get the plus side of sweet stuff to eat, and like with a date you get to spend time with him. And making something together is fun ^^
    so you think !do something they both love to do together and have fun
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Dec 31, 2007 at 11:25 PM.

Newbie darkwolfchild is off to a good start darkwolfchild's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the gifts themselves isn't what matters, we (Females), tend to enjoy these things because you made an effort and remembered that this holiday is special to us. We prefer spending time with the one we love though, so that is the whole thing. It really depends on your significant other though, what if she's not a flowers and chocolate kind of girl, and ladies there are some of us that aren't. Perhaps, subtly planning the day based on her input might help you, but I know we are masters of double talk.

Otaku kurapika is off to a good start kurapika's Avatar
    Thanks

If i were a girl a monster kiss... That would be awesome at the same time i dont wanna kiss a guy but if i were a chick

Otaku elvin is off to a good start elvin's Avatar
    Thanks

LOL.... i wouldnt choose to hv choclates, flower or kiss... hrm.... just have fun all day long, going anywhere i wanted to, doing anything i wish too... but the most is to be together vith the couple... erm... haha actually i don't like choclates... i wonder why most girls likes choclates..... i prefer to play a great (online) game with him for valentines.... lol.....
    ::::...Chery_Strawbery...::::

Newbie Michigan2008 is off to a good start Michigan2008's Avatar
    Thanks

erm...spending time with friends on theme park/ playing online games (now is DotA) at morning untill noon, and candle light dinner at night...hmm...don't forget to sleep!! nyahaha~

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

form me i wouldn't choose chocolates or anything ..... i will choose one flower, one red flower ..... and i think the one i care about and one red flower make valentines very beautiful day =^_^=

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

ok so common consensus? girls want a guy to spend time with them and a kiss or two along with something to remember the day/night with? Have I got this right?

... and join my rebellion against time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4