+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: what do people think about the mod's

Newbie maddog420 is off to a good start maddog420's Avatar
    Thanks

what do people think about the mod's

honetly people what do you think about the mods on here on a scale 1-10 what do you think and why do you feel this way about them

i give them a 3.1 cuz the dont cut any slack for no 1 and they are strickly to the code
    arc angel dark angel lend me thy light through deaths vial do we have heaven in sight

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Re: what do people think about the mod's

Quote Originally Posted by maddog420 View Post
    honetly people what do you think about the mods on here on a scale 1-10 what do you think and why do you feel this way about them

i give them a 3.1 cuz the dont cut any slack for no 1 and they are strickly to the code

thats a problem? i thought that was why the mods were hired , btu hey if
    you want slck mods who let crappy posts go then there are many site that
    will be better for you , and as what i think about them i think there the best
    mods on the web .

heck the other site i go to make me thankful that the mods here are
    so strict and dont cut any slack i give them a 10
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HolderOfTheDarkChalice For This Useful Post:

maddog420 (Nov 05, 2008)

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

The only people who hate the mods on this website are idiot noobs that make threads they think are interesting, when in reality they're pointless. (much like this one.)

I can't say I love the mods, I don't see how anyone can actually like a moderator unless you're friends with them, but they do their job better than any moderator team I've ever seen, so kudos to them. I'm going to have to assume you're a noob to this forum, or have been at other forums that are more laid back, and probably have a lot more trolls because of it. AO has always been troll-free.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark. For This Useful Post:

maddog420 (Nov 05, 2008)

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

The only people who hate the mods on this website are idiot noobs that make threads they think are interesting, when in reality they're pointless. (much like this one.)
    I like this thread... Its good for the staff here to know how we members think about the job they're doing, and the site. I just don't know if this is the most appropriate way to go about it... I think there is a place designated for suggestions if we have them.

To answer the question... I give the mods about an 8. I DO see them cutting members slack... esspecially newbies. See, if you new kids post crap. It just gets closed or deleted and you get let off with a warning. But once you're an old trout, they a less inclined to hesitate before roughing you up. Like mobsters. lol ^^

The most important thing to remember, is that a website, that has discussion forums, and public profles... would be SO chaotic without moderators!

As much as I personally hate being repremanded for rule breaking... I think the staff here is pretty lenient. With, for the most part a decent repect for ones right to express themselves. My only suggestion, is... I wish certain mods would be ess stubborn when their decisions are challenged. Just because the rules say... what they say goes... Doesn't mean they're always right.
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Nov 05, 2008 at 11:25 AM.
    ... Not Ever Again...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Peach_follows For This Useful Post:

maddog420 (Nov 05, 2008)

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

May I ask what the point of this thread truly is??? As a member of staff who has been around this site for a very long time I would like to explaining from your first post. With the current standing of your post, it really won't last long at all if all you give is a very short post when here at Anime Online we look for more detailed posts that are worth creating a decent conversation.

Now from what I see about you post, it is to complain about how members of staff do their job and as Dark and peach say, you are very lucky to not be suspended from here for insulting staff saying they don't do a very good job just because one member of staff has annoyed you for pointing out a rule that you have broken. I've been a Moderator on this site for two years now and I've had my fair share members complaining but if someone does get annoyed about being pointed out the rules they have broken then, in my opinion, I would say that it isn't the staff's problem but is the fact that some members don't bother to read the rules and they get all angry because they failed to do what other members don't seem to have a problem with doing.

Members of staff are not here for members to slag off, if you think that is what we are here for, then I would say you should follow Holder's suggestion and please move to a forum that is better suited for you. Staff have guidelines to follow and therefore have a duty to point out any thing that is not advised.

Even though you have clearly broken one rules already, I would suggest you try not to break 3-5 more by insulting members of staff, not going to a higher member of staff if you have a problem any staff member and for creating a low quality post/ thread.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sazzy For This Useful Post:

maddog420 (Nov 10, 2008)

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

My best advice to any noobie is to never take the actions of a mod against you on a personal level. Firstly it clouds your judgement, and even if the mod explains to you why what you did was against the rules, you're all in a rage because you feel your ideas or opinions about something have somehow been shut out. Mods aren't here to act as facists, they're merely trying to enforce the standards made by the forum, they're agents of order, not exterminators of wild opinion. I think that's what inspires threads like these, and hard feelings towards mods. And believe me, I know the feeling of hating a mod.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark. For This Useful Post:

maddog420 (Nov 10, 2008)

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

0.5/10 fo sho!

I dun liek mod's atall, they kikc @$$ and don't scared o' nuthin'.
    Last edited by Hassun; Nov 05, 2008 at 02:53 PM. Reason: I forgot, mod's instead of mods. Hah...

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hassun For This Useful Post:

maddog420 (Nov 10, 2008), mystical shadow angel (Nov 05, 2008)

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

well for all the mods in AO 10 out of 10,
    have to say thet basilisk has fought with mods before and its not good >.< like others have said before this post: DO NOT MAKE THEM ANGRY AT YOU!!! : they are here just to enfore the rules so do not shoot down the people who make AO the great place it is
    death and life are one and the same

15. The Following User Says Thank You to basilisk888 For This Useful Post:

maddog420 (Nov 10, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast