+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: what do you live for?

Newbie nocturnal_heart may be famous one day nocturnal_heart may be famous one day nocturnal_heart's Avatar
    Thanks

what do you live for?

ok, so recently, i went through a bout of depression where i felt like I didn't have much to live for. I was having problems at home, problems with girlfriends, and I realized that I'm almost an adult and most of my dreams won't be coming true. I tried to fil lthis emptiness inside of me with material goods, girlfriends, and in the worst cases, selfdestructive behaviors.

Then I realized what most people really live for, the hope of something better. If people had nothing to look foward to, life would be very boring. In the end i worked out my problems, but i felt as if i had gained some knowelge along the way.

thoughts? comments?
    Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears.
    ~Edgar Allan Poe

Newbie [Pandora's_Box] may be famous one day [Pandora's_Box] may be famous one day [Pandora's_Box]'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: what do you live for?

It seems as though you have gained some knowlege, however those of us with depression, often don't live for anything, just go on living because we have the faintest idea that something good will happen.
    "Let fall the weak, and build to the strong."

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

I live for games, and my twin. That's it! Like you I don't really think I have much to live for. I suck at school, I'll be lucky if I can even get into the Army after all the summer school I have to do to recover credits. My dad thinks I'm a piece of sh*t. My mom doesn't, but I can't live around her becuase she never stops screaming at people. So yea, not much to live for haha. I just wouldn't want to put my brother through loosing me, and my Xbox 360 lmao. And I at least want to put my death to some good use, which is why I plan on joining the Army lol. I think it's such a waste when people just kill themselves, at least do it helping someone else!

@Pandora: Change your text color! Can you even read your own posts? Dark text against dark backround = no no.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; Dec 21, 2006 at 12:06 AM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks

.................I live for my family,my reputation and God

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I live for my girl and to be the greatest at doing absolutely nothing. I must admit if it wasn't for having her in my life I would have lost it awhile ago. She was there for me when I went through rough times and I'll do the same for her. I also want to live for myself for once. Being selfless all the time and humbling yourself all the time can cause you to think low of yourself. I want to be worth more than that even if I step on a few people. I know it sounds wrong but sometimes you have to in order to not loose yourself.

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

good question... now that I think about it... I dont have nothing to live for besides my parents...
    I mean before I moved... I had like everything I wanted... not material things... I wasnt popular... but I had friends... a GF that I thought was way out of my league, a good social life, I guess, and a loving family... I was... happy...
    I never really lived to make myself happy... just a normal life to keep my parents happy(altho Im not doing good job, but Im trying)
    and since I moved, everything I had went down the drain... I still have my parents with me, but I need something else... maybe the things I lost...
    so I guess that is what Im living for right now... to get the things I lost back... Im not sure if its ever going to happen... but meh... I have nothing more interesting to do than try... but my life is a total chaos mixed with some depression... so who knows...
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Thanks

A reason to live??I would said to see the end of my choices in life.I would like to also see the end of the world but I can't live that long.Beside that I got no other reason to live.I am ok in school, good at video games, ave in sports now and great at tacitis and shotting because I love doing stuff like that..
    Perfection is dull

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

The reasons we have to live varies from person to person.I believe that we have reasons to live but those pessimists,who are unable to see into the light will always believe that the sky would fall on their heads.There are people who have no reason to live and need to satisfy themselves with behaviours that can be destructive.There are some who have a goal and would spend their time,in fact most of it just to achieve that goal.For me,i dunno my goal yet.But i wanna live to learn and hopefully discover myself for who i am.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast