+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What do you think is the true meaning of love? Explain.

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

What do you think is the true meaning of love? Explain.

In honor of the month of February I decided that there should be a new love topic type thread out here. So what do you think the true meaning of love is? Is it just between people who are close or does it transcend that?

In my humble I think the true meaning of love is to feel that deep connection with a person and they have it for you. And that connection is so deep that you would be willing to make great sacrifices for that persons sake, even if it meant giving your life for them. It also means, to me, overlooking a person's physical charecteristics and trying to understand them rather than basing your so-called love on looks.

Knowing that the person needs your love and support without having to say a word. Knowing them well enough to know when they need space and when they shouldn't be left alone. To me that is the true meaning of love.

What about you? Please be specific.
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Also:

I've heard it thrown around that people have completely fallen for a person that they don't know but have looked at and instantly fallen in love. I was wondering if this really happens.

I read about it in Romeo and Juliet where Romeo falls in love with Juliet when he first sees her and completely forgets about the girl he had previously loved.

I personally think you have to know a person to love them and that so-called love at first sight is not love but infatuation. Maybe thats just me though, since its never happened to me.

So have you ever fallen in love at first sight? If you have please share your experience.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Feb 01, 2007 at 04:55 PM.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

+ Reply to Thread