+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think when you hear the word "Goth"

Newbie WhiteWave14 is off to a good start WhiteWave14's Avatar
    Under your BED! OMNOMNOM *eats your toes*
    Thanks

Unhappy What do you think when you hear the word "Goth"

Really, I've always wanted to know what other people think about them. I know that they are stereo types and as such, I'm not one, I just want to see what other people think about them, or at least what they think when they see the word. (Because I am nosy >> <<)

They are people just like you and me, so why do people make such a big deal about them? I don't judge people unless I really know what they are like and how they are, their is different kinds but most people treat them as they are the same. (What I'm getting at is that some of them well... Are somewhat really into it and some are not, some are friendly and... Oh well you know it!)

I have alot of friends who are Goths and that doesn't bother me at all, they wear that kind of clothing, they usually listen to the old type of rock (Like Queen, Metallica, The Adicts, so on and so fourth.), But the only thing that I'm bothered with is that people always think of them as satanists. When actually the ones I know are Catholic, Christian, others and so on. I really don't like close minded people like that, makes me sad. ):

But anyways--

When I see the word "Goth" in my mind I picture Gothic Lolita. o_o;;
    Last edited by WhiteWave14; Feb 06, 2008 at 12:58 PM. Reason: *bangs head against wall* D:!
    Live for Today, Wait for Tomorrow,
    and think about Yesterday.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What do you think when you hear the word "Goth"

My impressions?

lamegoth - someone obsessed with gloom, doom and death who thinks that cutting themselves and/or writing crappy emo poetry makes them deeper than everyone else. They complain that everyone else is popularity-obsessed, shallow and hates them... but in reality they treat everyone else with just as much (if not more) disdain as everyone else treats them. Lamegoths suck

sexygoth - androgynous, fashion-forward, slightly emaciated in their skinny leather pants or incredibly curvy with 200 lbs of woman (or man) stuffed in a size 6 corset. They're usually shallow as hell and sleeping with just about everyone on the club curcuit, but god DAMN they're sexy and I usually end up dancing with them (if not more). Almost always bisexual (or willing to fake it like their life depends on it). Good to look at Bad to date

goth fan - someone who is really into goth music.

geekgoth - people who wear all black, maybe black nailpolish, they usually have frizzy longish hair (the boys anyway). They might listen to music everyone else thinks is scary... sometimes gay or bi... they usually don't concern themselves with goth fandom and hang out with a wide range of generic geeks, nerds, dorks, LGBTs, etc. In other words, they are all-purpose outcasts who fit in with everyone else who doesn't quite. Usually friendly, geeky, and into all kinds of geeky things I am. They make cool friends.

And of course, these are all stereotypes.
    If my best friend (a goth) sees this, she will eat my head.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tsurara For This Useful Post:

WhiteWave14 (Feb 04, 2008)

Newbie WhiteWave14 is off to a good start WhiteWave14's Avatar
    Under your BED! OMNOMNOM *eats your toes*
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    My impressions?

lamegoth - someone obsessed with gloom, doom and death who thinks that cutting themselves and/or writing crappy emo poetry makes them deeper than everyone else. They complain that everyone else is popularity-obsessed, shallow and hates them... but in reality they treat everyone else with just as much (if not more) disdain as everyone else treats them. Lamegoths suck

sexygoth - androgynous, fashion-forward, slightly emaciated in their skinny leather pants or incredibly curvy with 200 lbs of woman (or man) stuffed in a size 6 corset. They're usually shallow as hell and sleeping with just about everyone on the club curcuit, but god DAMN they're sexy and I usually end up dancing with them (if not more). Almost always bisexual (or willing to fake it like their life depends on it). Good to look at Bad to date

goth fan - someone who is really into goth music.

geekgoth - people who wear all black, maybe black nailpolish, they usually have frizzy longish hair (the boys anyway). They might listen to music everyone else thinks is scary... sometimes gay or bi... they usually don't concern themselves with goth fandom and hang out with a wide range of generic geeks, nerds, dorks, LGBTs, etc. In other words, they are all-purpose outcasts who fit in with everyone else who doesn't quite. Usually friendly, geeky, and into all kinds of geeky things I am. They make cool friends.

And of course, these are all stereotypes.
    If my best friend (a goth) sees this, she will eat my head.
    (I'm sorry but I just have to say this)

I now know what most of my friends that are Goths are! Geekgoth! XD

Also thanks for putting up the little summary's for them. ^^

I also hope she doesn't, because that would be very unpleasant. o_o
    Live for Today, Wait for Tomorrow,
    and think about Yesterday.

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

I really don't see the point of putting them down, there human like us. I think of gothic lotia, someone who dress in black or a person dressing in black.
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

"Goth"?

Really i think of those Gothic Cathedrals. That is the first thing that pops into mind, Medieval(Ehh spelling on that) Ages. Other wise, I think of the kinky stuff that I find probably the best way to "do things" with a significant other x.X (what can I say? I like Sadomasochism, and bondage and all that).

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Not really a media related topic thread... Moving to the Cyberlounge
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

My best friend from University is a goth and has since we started our degree has rubbed off on me To me Goths are more loyal when them some people I have met. Plus once you know one Goth, you soon learn that they know every other Goth in the same town, which is really cool because its like they are big family and help each other out. They may seem scary but they are not honest. I am probably inbetween Goth and emo scene because there are some goth bands I like and Emo bands I look to but both have a very cool sense of style and both are really cool.

However, once when we were walking around the city wasting away our student loan, as you do here in England. We both got shouted at by some stupid teen and we just felt like we wanted to hit him but we didn't want to sink down to his level. But I was surprised to see that Goth's get just the same amount of verbal abuse from someone child who really doesn't understand us. Its such a shame that most young teens just don't have any manners or respect for other people.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I think of the Barberian Goths that ransacked Rome who were pissed off at the Empire for screwing them over when the two of them made a deal for the Goths to live in the Roman society and in return pleaged to serve the Empire military but the ever greedy Romans gave the Goths the crappiest land possible, constantly abused them, and treated them like dirt.

If your talking about like, Emo/punk Goths... Then the image of my friend Nick comes to mind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast