+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What do you think when you hear the word "Goth"

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What do you think when you hear the word "Goth"

The first thing that comes to my mind is........"so, and what is the big deal"
    I am so sick and tired of all the prejudice and hate that has been circling this group of people....
    So what if they dress differently, listen to different kinds of music and express themselves in a way that the "normal" society thinks is absurd or even disgusting....
    And come to think of it...everybody has a dark side and goth people are just more attached to it than other people are usually......
    I used to be goth and still have a little bit of that influence left and I had to go through the whole ordeal of people judging me in high school..that one day I am just going to commit suicide or something ever worse.......yeah....that makes a lot of sense right there....where do the people get this ridiculous ideas from?
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Otaku ryomakurosaki is off to a good start ryomakurosaki's Avatar
    Thanks

When I hear the word "goth" I think of people. They are people and just because they are different they different taste than most people doesb't mean they are "werid". Gothic people are different I will admit that but I would be evil and start talking bad about them because they have feelings like anyone else.
    [/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT]

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

well i think of it when somebody is called it and i think somebody who is sad miserable and is weird because he cant handle something and is trying to make people fell sorry for them .

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

To answer the thread title: I think of the Ostrogoths, Visigoths, etc. And then I get the urge to yell out "Vikings! Woo!" Though I am aware they're not really vikings.

COncerning the stereotype, I usually get a vision of the typical "depressed" / "emo" person, and suddenly I feel this... THis sense of altruism, and I feel like I want to help them. Maybe it's because I can actually relate to them, with the whole feeling rejected and ignored thing. I know not all "goths" are like that, but still, that's the second image I get in my mind, and it's engraved in there.

I don't make judgements of people based on stereotypes; only until I know them and have interacted with them I'll make up my thoughts.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

when i hear goth i hear a clothing style or lifestyle choice. i sconsider myself "goth-esque" but in all seriousness i see it as a term of open or closed mindedness.

one person, and ive gotten this before, may say something like "but your gothe! you like the dark! lught burns your skin and your gonna go to hell!" now, there are all kinds of things wrong with this sentence. i like the darkness, but because im irish, and me and the sun dont mix, not because im a vampire. i am not going to hell just because im gothy. i am not an atheist, and i believe in all the christian morals i was brought up with.

however there are the people who view goth as just a person wearing black clothing, which i prefer. if you see a "goth" as a person, then i simply have to problem with you. you see the world how it should be and for that i applaud you.

and why is it that the old term for the barbaric tribes of mideavil germany are now used to describe a lifestyle choice a person makes?
    Why hello there!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    and why is it that the old term for the barbaric tribes of mideavil germany are now used to describe a lifestyle choice a person makes?
    Because it is short for "Gothic" and originally referred to people recreating the feel of the old Gothic Romances of the 1800's.

Which is why when I hear "Goth" I think "Still?" Goths have been around for decades and probably even before that. You get all types and as long as they are under 21 I couldn't care less, drama is normal when you are a teen and it takes all types of facades. It is when they start engaging in harmful behavior or should have grown out of the drama stage and still LIVE that way (and not just on the weekend) that I worry. There is nothing wrong with having fun but choosing to live a life of depression and drama just isn't healthy.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    My impressions?

geekgoth - people who wear all black, maybe black nailpolish, they usually have frizzy longish hair (the boys anyway). They might listen to music everyone else thinks is scary... sometimes gay or bi... they usually don't concern themselves with goth fandom and hang out with a wide range of generic geeks, nerds, dorks, LGBTs, etc. In other words, they are all-purpose outcasts who fit in with everyone else who doesn't quite. Usually friendly, geeky, and into all kinds of geeky things I am. They make cool friends.
    Sweet! I'm a geekgoth! ^_^ Well actually my style now is a mixture of punk/urban than goth. . . I like goths, well I'm a ppl person so I kinda tend to like ppl alot. .
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheza For This Useful Post:

WhiteWave14 (Feb 06, 2008)

Otaku SweetCandy is off to a good start
    Thanks

hhmm I think a lot of things when I hear the word goth..I mean but everybody has their own terms or defintions of being goth..I think of goths being alone in one click all the time..,not talkable..wearing all black (that's kinda awsome ^.-) pericing and listens to ONLY heavy metal..but then u have ur emo gothics too ..so it's hard to tell what kinda goth ppl is...but three is nothig wrong with being gothis..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SweetCandy For This Useful Post:

WhiteWave14 (Feb 06, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast