+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What do you think when you hear the word "Goth"

Newbie WhiteWave14 is off to a good start WhiteWave14's Avatar
    Under your BED! OMNOMNOM *eats your toes*
    Thanks

Re: What do you think when you hear the word "Goth"

Quote Originally Posted by Cheza View Post
    Sweet! I'm a geekgoth! ^_^ Well actually my style now is a mixture of punk/urban than goth. . . I like goths, well I'm a ppl person so I kinda tend to like ppl alot. .
    Hun, you are now displayed as awesome in my book!
    Live for Today, Wait for Tomorrow,
    and think about Yesterday.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Nothing very terrible comes in my mind when I think of a goth. Black probably is the main thing. I was goth myself for some time and my sister is goth now. I know it's a teenage period that passes (at least for most people)- you can't keep on loving only black and listening only to heavy music, sooner or later you get interested in other things.

Well goth to me also is a music type- dark, heavy music. It's still my favourite but it doesn't mean I dress black and call myself goth.
    Well my sister says that goth is a whole philosophy, but when I asked her to explain, she couldn't ~.~ Yea... that tells something, doesn't it?

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    Nothing very terrible comes in my mind when I think of a goth. Black probably is the main thing. I was goth myself for some time and my sister is goth now. I know it's a teenage period that passes (at least for most people)- you can't keep on loving only black and listening only to heavy music, sooner or later you get interested in other things.

Well goth to me also is a music type- dark, heavy music. It's still my favourite but it doesn't mean I dress black and call myself goth.
    Well my sister says that goth is a whole philosophy, but when I asked her to explain, she couldn't ~.~ Yea... that tells something, doesn't it?
    I agree, it passes on to some people and just keeps on passing. Sometimes it's just a phase or it stays.

I like listening to alot of music, I used to be goth but I got out of it pretty quickly, but with Goth my Mum thinks of it as being like in the old days when people like rock (Queen and Nirvana and Metallica) and have those weird hairstyles, she sees nothing wrong with it, and to tell you the truth I somewhat think of that being Gothic, everyone has their own little way of being goth and I don't think nothing wrong of it.

Hahah really? Your sister should probably research about it more before she starts saying that. xD

I like the way you think.

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWave14 View Post
    Hun, you are now displayed as awesome in my book!
    Thanks! N E wayz, when I first heard the word goth, I thought it was just like music. . .ya know? then of couse I immediately thought of Marilyn Manson.

Marilyn Manson!
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheza View Post
    Thanks! N E wayz, when I first heard the word goth, I thought it was just like music. . .ya know? then of couse I immediately thought of Marilyn Manson.

Marilyn Manson!
    I agree all the way! Marilyn Manson for the win! ^^

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

but with Goth my Mum thinks of it as being like in the old days when people like rock (Queen and Nirvana and Metallica) and have those weird hairstyles, she sees nothing wrong with it, and to tell you the truth I somewhat think of that being Gothic, everyone has their own little way of being goth and I don't think nothing wrong of it.

I like the way you think.
    Thank You ^^ I like the way you think too

Well people still like rock, I don't see what's wrong with it, I am quite a fan of Queen, I like Nirvana and I still try to follow in what happens with Metallica (they still can rock )
    And the hairstyles were not that weird at all, they were ok, Nirvana looked completely normal, Queen... well ok they had those long curly hair for some time, but it's not as terrible as the curly sponges of hair in the Disco times and Metallica just had long hair (and how I love long haired guys )
    But that surely is not gothic style of music, it is rock and gothic concentrates on metal more. Yes, Marily Manson is a good example, I really like that one, but I will NEVER EVER go to his concert again! And I do not recommend it to vulnerable people, at least not the first lines (I almost died there).
    Rock doesn't have the darkness whch gothic people seek, rock is quite normal, tends to talk more about normal stuff unlike darker music, where it's about death and other creepy stuff (so nice *drools*)
    However of course gothic people can listen to it, but you won' t become goth because of rock, punk maybe, but not goth

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

I agree all the way! Marilyn Manson for the win! ^^
    Marilyn Manson!!! O.o do you like his music? Well when i think of marilyn manson my stomache churns, i hate his teeth!!! And did you know he had certain ribs removed so he could...Well never mind (if you know the story you know what comes next) I dislike his music as well, noep sorry guys not the type for me!

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't get me wrong, but I think goth people are emos. Even if there's no such thing as emos. And I think they are the people who either commits suicide attempts or likes to make other people.

NO OFFENSE.
    PEACE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast