+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What does AO mean to You?

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What does AO mean to You?

What's the bad thing..? A lover's spat, or the clan thing?

Uh, never mind. AO is.. hard to put it. A little community of a bunch of friendly people... who you can talk to and stuff. Man, that's cheese..

Maybe a better question is why do you keep coming back to AO? Like, I know it gets so boring and slow and people can get cranky. But it's nice once you've been here for a while, when you know people. Really, when you can talk to someone about anything, it's great.

And it would be rude to not say bye to everyone. Just leave and not come back..
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Newbie Linren Seishi may be famous one day Linren Seishi may be famous one day Linren Seishi's Avatar
    Thanks

Eh.. I joined at the beginning because I was looking for a place I could find wallpapers. Then I forgot about the site. A few years later I remembered, that's when I started to forum more often
    Dreams of snow falling softly in the dark-filled night,
    Dreams of wings and stars and endless light.
    I'd live a thousand years and wait a thousand more for you,
    I'd dream a thousand dreams and hope that dreams come true.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FLawEdmiNd View Post
    And it would be rude to not say bye to everyone. Just leave and not come back..
    The world moves on and people leave. Nothing to drop a tear for, just make new friends and meet new people.

As for my reasons for AO, it is one of the few forums that I actually respect. Order, fun activities, and nice people make a difference. A lot of the other sites out there get out of control or have some pretty low quality discussions going on way too much for my liking. But here, that is quickly dealt with in a respectable manner. I look forward to remaining a member as long as possible to further help and enjoy the community here.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deodaclan18 View Post
    The world moves on and people leave. Nothing to drop a tear for, just make new friends and meet new people.
    Yeah I have to agree with that unfortunately. I myself have met some great folks along the way years back, but as life goes on people move on to bigger things. This place have always fought to stay as one of the better quality anime forums on the net. Once in a while you'll always see some young brat saying the same two lines, "You guys are two strict," and "I am this and that and I don't need this forum."

AO doesn't mean a whole lot to me, but in terms of forums it means much more because this was my first forum ever joined. Same as most folks, came in to get walls, forced to join, and later came to like it.

This place did change a lot due to the constant change in management. Whenever there is constant change it will be hard to have consistency. Not only that, but this site has to deal with several cancers that took us a long time to get rid of. I would hope that the staff did all it can to stop the damage done by these individuals, but all the stuff did behind the scenes we have no control of.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

1 year and going!

well this month i have been here for one year
    and i have to say that things have defantly chaged
    for the better new mods and new admins and new
    AO ok i was wondering for those of you have been here
    for a while how has AO been for you exciting , boaring , or
    something else... my self i can say its been very intresting
    and i have made a few freinds and a few people umm angry lol.

ok my point is that how has your view about AO changed since you
    joined? mine as never really changed at all but i think i have really
    enjoyed the time i have been here though i have had some bumpy
    spots. and i hope to be around for more years to come .
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: 1 year and going!

I joined back in '05, and to me, the only thing that has drastically changed is the overall feel of this place. Yes, there are new moderators and administrators, way more new people.., but sometimes change is for the better. I miss the old AO, but that was in the past. And we are now in the present. Always looking towards the future and how we can better things; which is something DB is always doing - I applaud you for that DB.

I really miss my old AO friends. All of them left while everthing was changing. They were well known throughout the site too. But now new people are joining and coming in, and they are becoming my friends. I'm proud to say there are many golden people here, and I'm glad I met who I did [and will].

Enough mushy stuff. I'm driving myself crazy with it.

Otaku Sashacat may be famous one day Sashacat may be famous one day Sashacat's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not exactly sure what AO means to me anymore. I've been here for like...5..4 years or something and it's changed drastically for me. I used to come here for friends but one by one they all left AO because of it's hard times. Then when AO crashed many of us lost many things and became discouraged. To me now I guess it's a place of small memories where no one recognizes my name anymore or my knows my work. Guess it's just....here.

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

AO is a great place for me to express all my thoughts, because i know that someone out there will agree. its a great place to meet friends, and catch old ones and brush up on new begginings. its a place to play games and a place to come when bored. its a place were dreams come true.
    really? its a fun place to spend my time, because its productive, teaching u how to discuss, write poems, even make sick siggies ;P

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast