Closed Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the easiest way for you..?

Otaku Toecutter may be famous one day Toecutter may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: What is the easiest way for you..?

Quote Originally Posted by zeine View Post
    I more or less release tension through writing, reading books and listening to music... It always takes quite a while, so it's hard for me...

Mostly though, I sleep it off...

It's probably the most effective way to forget about hurtful or depressing things because you are actually in a state of dreaminess similar to that of a trance... Which can be both calming and relaxing to the nerves...

When you're awake, you tend to think about the problems more and thus, you make it heavier for yourself by over-analyzing and replaying the situations again and again...

That's why it's much better to doze off into your own world...
    Though sleep can only defer the problem. You will have to face it again sooner or later. If you attack the problem head on, however, get it resolved, and then sleep it off, there is less to trouble you at night.

Otaku zeine may be famous one day zeine may be famous one day zeine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
    Though sleep can only defer the problem. You will have to face it again sooner or later. If you attack the problem head on, however, get it resolved, and then sleep it off, there is less to trouble you at night.
    Yes, you are right... Thank you for your kindly advice... ^^;

But the problems I am talking about are those that may also hurt others; so it is better, in a way, to keep silent and deal with the pain yourself...

I sleep it off because it helps me forget it more and more... And that is how I choose to handle it...

Otaku Toecutter may be famous one day Toecutter may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeine View Post
    Yes, you are right... Thank you for your kindly advice... ^^;

But the problems I am talking about are those that may also hurt others; so it is better, in a way, to keep silent and deal with the pain yourself...

I sleep it off because it helps me forget it more and more... And that is how I choose to handle it...
    F*** that! I don't care who is involved, or what the problem is about. Taking the pain of a problem yourself to avoid hurting others is stupid. If you have to set things straight with the other people involved, who cares how much it hurts them? Until the problem is resolved, someone is still going to be hurt, so you might as well fix the problem.

Utilitarianism is not a valid form of ethics, as it detracts from the value of the individual.

If you EVER give in to others, you are simply teaching them you are not worth their respect. How in the HELL do you expect to feel happiness and dignity when you are teaching everyone to treat you like dirt?

Otaku Satsuma may be famous one day Satsuma may be famous one day Satsuma's Avatar
    Thanks

For me it's listening to metal. If I've had a bad day I just sit down before bed, put in some Lamb of God, and drift.
    Ich bin ein hund. Ich bin ein tefel hund!
    Ready to war, Ragnarok approaches.

Otaku zeine may be famous one day zeine may be famous one day zeine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
    F*** that! I don't care who is involved, or what the problem is about. Taking the pain of a problem yourself to avoid hurting others is stupid. If you have to set things straight with the other people involved, who cares how much it hurts them? Until the problem is resolved, someone is still going to be hurt, so you might as well fix the problem.

Utilitarianism is not a valid form of ethics, as it detracts from the value of the individual.

If you EVER give in to others, you are simply teaching them you are not worth their respect. How in the HELL do you expect to feel happiness and dignity when you are teaching everyone to treat you like dirt?
    ^^; Thank you for your thoughts...

People do not treat me as badly as you are anticipating, Toecutter-san... But please understand that silence is sometimes vital in relationships...

These are not actual problems, but they are merely tinges of pain that will eventually go away as time passes. These things are better left untouched and forgotten... To tamper with them will only bring an endless chain of events that will only make the matter worst and deter the problem itself...

So it really depends on the type of problem and pain, as they tend to vary in different degrees - calling for certain kinds of attention and action.

The value of an individual is determined by that of the indivual himself/herself, and not that of extensive social situations and generalized ethics... That is what I believe...

And since, I do not feel degraded by people in any way or form at all, it is by no means a function of utilitarianism...

I do not give in, I did not give in, and I never have given in to people... What I am doing is respecting myself by, similarly, giving respect to others...

Thus, by doing so, I encourage (or earn) THEIR respect as a result...

And this, dealing with pain, is ultimately a matter of choice... That is why we are being asked of how we choose to handle it...

I choose to do it this way because some people are too blind to realize that they have wronged someone, and each one of us is guilty of that. To forget, is to be carefree...

How you handle your problems is indeed admirable, and I can only wish you but well in that... ^^;

Thank you very much for voicing out your beliefs... I will consider your valuable perspective... ^^

Newbie dungeonmaster666 may be famous one day dungeonmaster666 may be famous one day dungeonmaster666's Avatar
    Thanks

i usually blare some music and go for a 5-10 mile bike ride just to get my adrenaline running then go to my cousins house and wrestle around for a while

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

easiest way for me is usually is like being a kid, i dont take things seriously and i keep things in my mind, but sometimes its hard to think of what i had been forgettin, so its easy and hard for me

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

It depends on what it is. But normally its through physically exhausting myself. That way my body is too tired for my mind to focus on my heart.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast