+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What goes around, comes around.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

What goes around, comes around.

Or some people call it karma.

Basically the idea that you get what you give. If you put bad energy out, you get it back. The same goes for good energy.

Do you believe that? If not, why?
    If so, could you give an example of a time where you think karma occured either in your life, or someone elses?

As for me, I'm a bit torn on the idea. I believe you get what you give... to a degree. But, I also know that bad things happen to good people (and vice versa).
    ... Not Ever Again...

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What goes around, comes around.

I've always been big on Karma. "The energy released by you is that which you recieve."

You're entire life is spent based upon that rule and when you die, your energy follows. Depending on how much good energy you've spent/recieved in your cycle of life is what Karma uses to dictate how you'll be reborn in the next life.

I live my life based on this principle; always have, always will.

Newbie Xanosuke2 is off to a good start Xanosuke2's Avatar
    Thanks

I kinda agree with the whole you get what you put in theroy. There's a lot of times I'll halfway do something and get halfway done results. For example: I go out and play DDR a lot and when I'm playing if I don't give it my all my score won't be high. Sometimes I can put too much effort into it and my score still end up crappy because I was trying too hard. Though that doesn't fit into the same thing, but when I try way too hard sometimes I'll pay for it by being really tired and such and that's the other half of what I put into it. I push myself as hard as I can playing that and the price for playing it is being sore and being a whole lot stronger in my legs. Sure my score sucked but I gain exactly what I put into it back regardless.

Even though you never always get the results you want when you do something they're always there. Every action is weighted equalily by the results. Just like the Fullmetal Alchimist theory, "To obtain you must put in something of greater or equal value" equivilant exchange.

Erasing my past one bad memory at a time.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow Xanosuke...

You just laid karma out in DDR terms? And whats so funny about that is... I understood exactly what you're saying. I don't even play DDR (yet). Im just a spectator.

Hmmm so maybe, in the past, when I was putting a great deal of effort into something (too much effort). The reason it didn't work out was because I exhausted the situation? I suppose, in oder for things to be harmonious, there must be balance. And working too hard isn't very balanced.
    ... Not Ever Again...

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

Karma, huh?

I don't really know if i believe it or not. but there are times that I almost believed it.

I was on my way to school one day. I met my classmate whom I've hated like-ever, surprisingly on the street. We were talkng about what had happened yesterday, when our teacher caught me talking while he was teaching. And she made fun of me. After that, I told her I wish she would trip and made fun of herself. before recess, we had geometry. The teacher caught her laughing and giggling with a boy. So the teacher made her answer the question on the board because she wan't listening. So she stood up and walked up to the black board. Then she tripped over. Everyone laughed at her.

After that, everyone was teasing her.

Then came lunch. I accidentally tripped over a bag of our classmate's and had fallen to the ground with my butt! I made fun of myself. Karma I thought.

So since that day, I never wished for someone to be hurt or something.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

its a intresting idea at best but to think that what happens to you come back 10 fold or what ever your belife is nothing more than hoping for it to happen if your done wrong or you if you havew done something good.

dont get me wrong it does make you feel better thbinking things will
    happen but thats all its for i think because i dont think that karma
    thing works but hey if i get hurt or something today from something i
    did bad a few weeks ago then i will change my mind but things happen to people with out any kind of influince. so its gonna be hard to prove
    to me
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Thanks

I dont think Karma is that..... obvious. You may do something awful, and feel like nothing happens to you. Then, years later, if something bad does happen to you... you're not going to attribute it to karma.

Doesn't mean that its not real.

Besides, I think karma is more like.... When something bad happens, you really have to sit back and evaluate YOUR HAND in your own downfalls. Did you, somehow, put yourself in a possition for this to happen? I know sometimes (alot of times for me) it seems like I'm just a victim. But, if I dig deep, I can almost always figure where I made a bad decision. Or even a selfish one.

I also know, sometimes it feels like I HAVE been a victim. Like I've tried really hard to see where I borrowed trouble. Or set my self up for failure. I'll try to figure out how -I- landed myself in a messy situation..... And I sincerely can't think of where I'd be to blame. I just think in those cases (which are rare), bad things happen to good people because some "bad things" are blessings in disguise. Many of the things I have now, and cherish most, are products of hard times I've gone through.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Newbie Kuinta is off to a good start
    Thanks

I guess I believe in karma. I makes sense that if you do something bad it might come back to hurt you later. One action usually causes a reaction. Whether we like it or not we always have to consider what consequences our actions might create. It's great that we have a conscience that enables us to think before we act at times. Although sometimes we don't do the right thing, we can always learn from our mistakes. We are only human and we are not perfect. We need to always remember that we can't see into the future so things that you do not always want to happen can come true.

But there are times when he have no part in whatever happens. Things do happen on their own accord. So I guess in a way karma has its limits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast