+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What if... (Dr. King Jr. did not get shot at Memphis?)

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

What if... (Dr. King Jr. did not get shot at Memphis?)

This is a thread I've been wanting to make for quite some time, but totally forgot until last night's report about Dr. King's memorial. I am sort of surprised that I have not seen this topic on AO, but here goes:

What if Dr. King Jr. did not get shot at Memphis? And was say able to live for another 10, 20, or 30 years.

Do you believe he could have done more, or was his death the needed to send the shock it did throughout the nation then?

Hopefully this thread will be more successful than the "hall of fame" one.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What if...

I think his death was the wake up call for America and racism to the African-American race. I would like to have seen Dr Martin Luther King Jr live, but I think that his cause and death is what helped us realize what we were doing.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What if...

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    I think his death was the wake up call for America and racism to the African-American race. I would like to have seen Dr Martin Luther King Jr live, but I think that his cause and death is what helped us realize what we were doing.
    Well I think most of us would have liked to still see him on tv alive, but the question is, what do you think will be different today if he was still alive or get to lived another 10, 20 years?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What if... (Dr. King Jr. did not get shot at Memphis?)

Do you believe he could have done more, or was his death the needed to send the shock it did throughout the nation then?

I do think that he might have been able to do more, but I think his death was more affective. If he didn't die then maybe people would have stayed the way they were and wouldn't have changed. Even though M.L.K jr. could still have done more....it would just change history and I think its ok either way~
    Last edited by fma1012; Nov 14, 2006 at 04:00 PM.

Thanks lifeforce! (:

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea I think life would be different with Martin Luther King Jr. around, I think that alot of violence would decrease, he would probably make life now and days civilized instead of everyone wanting to be a gangster and do drugs and what most people do now and days, I think he could change all that he was that great of a speaker to me.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks

Life would be way different, he maybe even would have went on to become the First Black President. Some say his death was a conspiracy so do I, I think the government had him killed because they saw that he would stop at nothing to get rights for his people they saw him as a threat, same with Malcom X, and same with JFK because he was tied with MLK and X.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe if he had not been martyred he would have eventually fallen into obscurity and perhaps instead Medgar Evens and Booker Washington would be given the credit they deserve instead of a glory hound, egomanic who plagerized the very speech he's remembered for (Rev. Archibald Carey, 1952 Republican National Convention).

Amazon.com: Plagiarism and The Culture War : The Writings of Martin Luther King, Jr, and Other Prominent Americans: Books: Theodore Pappas,Theordore Pappas

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

I think is popularity would have wained. Look at Jessie Jackson. He's a shell of his former self. Most of what MKL wanted has been done. Yes, while there is individual racisim in America still, it is much much different then it was in the 60's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast