+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: what keeps a relationship going with a girlfriend/boyfriend?

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: what keeps a relationship going with a girlfriend/boyfriend?

I agree with what everyone has said so far...

I can't speak for everyone else when it comes to their relationship, and what they should do to make it work. I can only say what has worked for me.

I've been dating my boyfriend for 9 months now. What's worked so far is communication. Without that, you cannot convey your love, trust, respect, or openness. You have to be able to communicate in one way or another.

My boyfriend and I have been through some pretty rough patches. We had moments of not speaking to each other. At all. We ignored each other's exsistence! In the end, what saved us was being able to talk about it, even in the fewest words. And with our actions, we were able to communicate how we were feeling.

I know my boyfriend gets disappointed if I don't talk to him about what's going on... Even if it's to tell him I don't really want to talk right then, he wants me to tell him that. ^_^

The other thing that really makes a relationship work is being all that you can for the person you are with. But do it without changing who you are. Just do what you can to support and love that person. If they cannot accept you for who you are, then they don't really love you. So give what you can, but don't give it all. Your significant other needs to give you some support as well. ^_^

There's my two cents! Again, this is just what has worked for my relationship. If it could work for someone else, awesome! ^_^

Newbie Vampir3Omen may be famous one day Vampir3Omen may be famous one day Vampir3Omen's Avatar
    In the cold dark wasteland of eternity...
    Thanks

Honesty...Loyalty...Dedication.....the will to stay involved in said relationship....and Love..............

<<Yearning...to walk with the living... and out of the cold dark wasteland of eternity...>>

Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Thanks

I think loyalty, honesty, and communication are all important, but there has to be an invisible bond that keeps you together. I dont know how to describe it but I think everyone needs an anchor in life, like the way you think of your house as your home. No matter where you go in the world your home is where you will always feel the safest and most comfortable. I found my anchor with my husband. No matter where I go, if I am with him I feel safe and comfortable. I know that as long as he is with me I will be ok.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

i'd say that it would be doing the right thing at the right time..haveing that connection of true love..thats my belife

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Newbie zeldalover may be famous one day zeldalover may be famous one day zeldalover's Avatar
    Thanks

yes, i agree... trust... loyalty...comunication are all great things to have... they give you reason to live...

*man it sucks to be a loner...*
    animetheme.com one of the best anime sites ive ever been to.

Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeldalover View Post
    yes, i agree... trust... loyalty...comunication are all great things to have... they give you reason to live...

*man it sucks to be a loner...*
    Haven't found anyone you like to try to see if it will work??
    Perfection is dull

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

what keeps a relationship going is the fact both love
    eachother and there isnt a guy or girl on the side
    if the need more than one person they dont need love or deserve
    it
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

how come no one mentioned spontaneous sex??

like tv said, if you need to set up appointments for sex dates, youre in trouble.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast