+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: what is life?

Otaku pink_hana may be famous one day pink_hana may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: what is life?

uhm..life is precious, we live in order to do something..we all have different purposes but in general, we live to do what's good for all of us..i don't really know but for me? i live because God gave me life and I live because of my family. They are all my strengths and sometimes can be my weaknesses but I love them all and I'm thankful for being alive today, waking up in the morning and breathing every second. I want to live my life to the fullest.

"Never tell a man that you love him until he has declared his undying love for you."

Newbie majorMotoko is off to a good start
    Thanks

I believe we shape are own lives for the most part. If you want anything bad enough you can with enough effort make every fantasy a reality. In all sense nothing anyone else says or thinks can really affect your state of mind. If I believe dragons exist with all my mind then they do whether anyone else thinks so or not. The reason it doesn't matter is because you do not see things from their perspective but only from your own. We allow other ppl to influence our lives its a choice that we for the most part are unaware we can control. I choose the emotions that affect me and if I want I let others choose them for me but in the end its me running the stage and the puppets of this wonderful play I call life.

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

For me, our life is all about praising God. Hey, I'm a christian so don't argue with me here. Our purpose in life (or so for Christians) is to praise God and to spread the Good News. Life is living the way that God wants you to live.

Devoted Otaku Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML's Avatar
    Thanks

Who knows really??? Who can say that, life is this and that?? Maybe the life we live everyday is just like The Truman Show that it's all just a show and not a real "life"......

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ayu View Post
    For me, our life is all about praising God. Hey, I'm a christian so don't argue with me here. Our purpose in life (or so for Christians) is to praise God and to spread the Good News. Life is living the way that God wants you to live.
    That can also be done by loving yourself. To love yourself is to praise God in a good manner.

You should live your life beside praising lord. But that's just me.

Banned radeclew is off to a good start radeclew's Avatar
    Thanks

i found this !.........

Love gives meaning to our lives – as do friendship, or art or faith in God. These are factors of true happiness, of inner peace, of feelings of harmony, allowing meaning to our existence.

But there is the other side. There is the cruelty of life, the pain, the evil, not to talk of death. They are the hidden tigers, ambushed and ready to attack the imprudent, to use an image present in the Buddhist Scriptures.

Is between these pendulums - the positive, the one that gives happiness and meaning, and the negative - that our lives are lived. And when we meditate about all that, we arrive at a diverse and disagreeing set of thoughts about the meaning and purpose of life.

Otaku jazzy9513 is off to a good start
    Thanks

id have to say that ive given as much thought as i can into why we are here and what our purpose is and i cant think of a damn thing to answer that and it bugs me. i want to know, really, why are we here?

Banned radeclew is off to a good start radeclew's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy9513 View Post
    id have to say that ive given as much thought as i can into why we are here and what our purpose is and i cant think of a damn thing to answer that and it bugs me. i want to know, really, why are we here?
    Please just listen. I know why you're here, jazzy9513. I know what you've been doing. I know why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night you sit at your computer. You're looking for him. I know, because I was once looking for the same thing. And when he found me, he told me I wasn't really looking for him. I was looking for an answer. It's the question that drives us mad. It's the question that brought you here. You know the question just as I did.

.......lol....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast