+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: What Ruins Your Hair?

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What Ruins Your Hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post
    What do you mean time to breath? Moldy and gross was it someone you knew. I've never hear of those effects happening.
    What I mean with "letting your hair breathe" is allowing your hair to heal a little bit before you dye or bleach it. If you just keep doing it, your hair will literally die, and will fall out! >.< So giving your hair some before you treat it anymore will prevent that from happening. ^_^

yes... A girl I went to school with used to always put her hair up and leave it up when it was wet... And she would leave it like that. Everyday... And her hair smelled like mold after a few days. EEWWW! lol! It was just this one person I knew, so I can't say that it's like that for everyone... My apologies for saying it like it was! ^_^

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey that was something some people need to know. That's what you meant when you said let your hair breath. You are supposed to wait like 6 weeks to 6 months before redyin your hair.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Newbie Alfina-kun may be famous one day Alfina-kun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Hi, I have really curly hair... oh and thick too. When it's wet, it comes down to my shoulder blades. What I would like to know how I could straighten it while still keeping it healthy. I really hate my curly hair and I defiantly do not want to cut it. If at all, I would like to grow it another 2 or 3 feet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

There are some products that you could get at like Sallys that protect your hair as you straighten it. You see I use Ion when I straighten mine. I would recommend you to use that because it really works.

Newbie Alfina-kun may be famous one day Alfina-kun may be famous one day
    Thanks

What do you think about chemicals that straighten hair... Are they good? Also, can they be bought at a pharamacy....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alfina-kun View Post
    What do you think about chemicals that straighten hair... Are they good? Also, can they be bought at a pharamacy....
    If you go that way I do not recommend you do it yourself. That I would get professionally done. I would never put chemicals other then hair dye in my hair.

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

Blow-drying and straighting don't ruin your hair if you use certain hair products like a spray startch like Hot Sets by Redken and use a deep fortifying conditioner once a week. Even using a hair serum like Vitamin E by Frizzease. Its all about using thr right products to prevent hair damage.
    Dying my hair has done short term damage. I try not to dye it often, but use color extensions as an alternative. You hair always grows, and if you do something horrible to your hair, its not like it irreversible, you can nurse it back.

Any other hair product advice you can pm me.

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Otaku sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl's Avatar
    Thanks

well my mom is a professional cosmotoligist which is fancy word for a hairdresser and the thing that happens a lot with bleaching is that your hair cuticles open up like on those before and after in shampoo bottles and removing the dye or "killing it" but even though it sounds scary there are many products out there that can help. Like a hair mask or normal creams or oils. I would recommend not going lighter than 2 shades of your natural hair color. (to make it look natural and so that you don't totally mess up your hair)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast