Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What will happen in 2012

Newbie bblankfein is off to a good start
    Thanks

What will happen in 2012

Hello.
    I am interested in 2012, notably - the Mayan prophecy about the end of the world 12.21.2012. Many people talk about it now, besides, the movie comes out soon. I'm interested to read something about it. Disclosing this theme.
    Advise me some articles please.

Thank you
    Sport - it's a life

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What will happen in 2012

You want to know whats going to happen on 12.21.2012?

My 23 birthday that's what, and I like the attention to be on me. So hush up about this nonsence.

If something happens, it happens. IF we die, we die.

You want to make guesses on how we might be going?

Here are my guesses: BOMB/NUKE, COMET, Epic outbreak, SuperVolcano.

There you go.

Now I am going to get fat while I wait for the great famine.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bblankfein View Post
    the Mayan prophecy about the end of the world 12.21.2012.
    But its not a prophecy, its just the end of a mathematical sequence of numbers that make up the Mayan calender. Most scholars believe that it just fits into the Mayan mythos that they would be leaving one era and moving into the next where the Mayan calender would just start over again. Had the Spanish not wiped out the Mayans' ancestors, we would have a better idea of what this calender means.

Scientists also predict a polar shift too, there's evidence of it in the fossil record, where the physical poles would shift from their current location (or out right inverse). This would cause untold disaster all over the world affecting weather, earthquakes, volcano's, floods, tidal waves, flash freezing resulting in ice ages in some areas, and the list goes on...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. K View Post

Now I am going to get fat while I wait for the great famine.
    You realize that being obese, you would require more food to sustain yourself, and you'd starve faster then those that aren't?

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    You realize that being obese, you would require more food to sustain yourself, and you'd starve faster then those that aren't?
    That's brutal

Another one of these threads?

It's hard for me to take any idea on how/when the world will end seriously. No matter how good our science is... No matter what technology we develop... Mother nature is far more powerful, and when she decides it's time to go, we have to just accept it. Or... rather... I will accept it and watch everyone else freak out. That's all I can really say about any "end of the world" idea or theory.

And I'm not Mayan. So it's all good. >.>;; JK, JK.

If the world DOES end in 2012, I hope it will be the zombie apocolypse... For I am the zombie survivor expert. And I've got a whole gun case full of goodies just waiting for some zombie killin' time. (Sorry... that's about as serious as I can take the topic!)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Spike'sRose For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Sep 24, 2009)

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Well, nothing fancy happened on New Year's Eve 1999, so chances are bad that the world ends 2012.
    If you're really interested though, you might want to check out this thread SamuraiDude128 opened, could be of interest I guess.

Except of course Mr.K's a bear, simply hibernates and thus endures the famine.
    And by the way, happy birthday 3 years in advance, in case I'm dead. I'd feel bad missing out on wishing you a happy birthday then.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Newbie The 4th Hokage is off to a good start
    Thanks

2012 is definately an interesting topic. There are so many theories... I personally think that some big religious event will happen (return of jesus, final battle of good and evil, etc.) As I said in the other 2012 thread, even if there isn't some big apocolyptic thing their will be the alignment of the sun with the center of the galaxy. This only happens every twenty-six thousand years. Just remember how lucky you are to be around at the time.

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

eh? Is that true? Well then, um *puts the Big Mac down* [Actually I like Woppers but Whatever] I'll remember that. I mean I always thought you needed more engery to move, but not more food, and you know since fat is engery stored. I figure I could live off it.

I was having a science moment gone bad theory. Thank you for the correction.

Quote Originally Posted by lapislazuli View Post
    Except of course Mr.K's a bear, simply hibernates and thus endures the famine.
    And by the way, happy birthday 3 years in advance, in case I'm dead. I'd feel bad missing out on wishing you a happy birthday then.
    Ahh thank you~! I hope I am there for it too.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Devoted Otaku kimihiro is off to a good start kimihiro's Avatar
    Thanks

What will happen 2012?..
    I don't think it's happen more than usaly...
    the earth cant be destroyt, it should break the never ending cycle.
    It i never think it will be happening...
    In worst case all humans dies. But we will be superseded by another intligent creature that could live in this environment.
    Just so the cycle don't breaks.
    Surender or fall, it's no other way to turn.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast