+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What is it you look for in a friend?

Newbie fallen angel 2009 is off to a good start fallen angel 2009's Avatar
    Thanks

What is it you look for in a friend?

So I was working on this paper for my comp research class and the topic was "What makes a good friend". The teacher was talking about the qualities you look for in a friend, and that made me wonder what other people look for in friends. So my question is this; what qualities do you look for in a good or as some people say true friend. Please dont list them, if you can give some type of explaination on them even if it is only a few sentences.
    The qualities that I look for are honesty, they should be strait forward with you and tell it like it is instead of lying to your face. Uniqueness, a friend should not copy the same thing that you do just because you do it. Entertaining and fun, a friend should be someone that you like to be around and you should be able to just hang out and chill along with finding something to do. Loyalty, a friend should stick by you through both the good times and the bad, they should be ready to back you up and they should be there when you need them. Responsibility, a friend should take responsibility for what they have done, whether it be good or bad. And lastly, respect a friend should always respect you and love you for who you are, not for what they might be able to get from you.
    So now I am curious about what your opinions are, what qualities make a good friend to you?
    Last edited by fallen angel 2009; Apr 01, 2009 at 08:54 PM.
    I will love you without fear or restrictions. I will trust you without wondering. I will want you without demand and accept you just the way you are. And If you give me the chance, if you give us a chance, I will spend the rest of my life proving to you that you made the right decision. <3 Sayoko

Banned radeclew is off to a good start radeclew's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What is it you look for in a friend?

could you change the color of the words... I can read that strong blue color..

will write something after you change IT.......

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with respect, uniqueness, honesty, loyal and entertaining and fun. I also like a friend who is knowledgeable, with teaching ability, passion or zest for life and most of all forgiveness.

I like teaching ability and forgiveness since there is no such thing as a perfect friend and those that learn from their mistakes can grow and evolve with you. I also prize humour and good listening skills among communication skills that makes it fun and educational.

I also like the abilty to learn new cultures and languages so he/she could frequently learn and not get bored.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to desxms For This Useful Post:

fallen angel 2009 (Apr 02, 2009)

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

Everyone needs a friend. The qualities I look for a friend are caring, thoughtful, loving and God-fearing like me. Oh, almost forgot the most important thing: FUN TO BE WITH. I can't live without having fun. Who wouldn't right? I also like people who you can trust with your secrets, be there when you really need someone, one who can tell that you're not feeling well and lastly one that can make you laugh or smile even though you refuse to.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ayu For This Useful Post:

Otaku SadisticCharm is off to a good start
    Thanks

I beileve the person being themself is what makes a good friend.
    Otherwise dont talk to me.
    I also look for there loyalty, respect, humor, and honesty.
    I know we all lack these things every now and then because its tough to make a decision on our actions and I live with it
    but overall you have to be who you were born to be.
    Plain and simple.
    Last edited by SadisticCharm; Apr 06, 2009 at 05:55 AM.
    "You think you know me...? You have no idea."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SadisticCharm For This Useful Post:

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Honesty and having something in common with your friend is very important. You shouldn't have a friend who is going to tell you just what you want to hear. You need someone who is upfront and honest with you all the time. A person who, even if your in the wrong will tell you but still stick by your side. And if you have nothing in common why be friend in the first place? Its that simple.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NevesElocin For This Useful Post:

Otaku Robo Soccer Champion, Gorillaz Groove Session Champion blackrose92 is off to a good start blackrose92's Avatar
    Thanks

people who make me laugh and feel comfortable with myself. and just let ourselves be who we are. thats a good friend. a person who has my back no matter what vice versa. ^^ when things go down i know i wont be there alone.
    I'm the best you'll ever have because i am that f*ing AMA-zing chic who can stand on her own d*n feet and becasue of you I am the Greatest Thank you so much SasuraiHell and Gwen

12. The Following User Says Thank You to blackrose92 For This Useful Post:

Otaku DemonicKagomeTahoshi is off to a good start DemonicKagomeTahoshi's Avatar
    Always with my lover in his hearts, or with him no matter what
    Thanks

The things i look for in a friend are qualities, like trust worthy, someone who i can tell anything to, someone who's honest, and that's just the basic things that i look for in every friend.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonicKagomeTahoshi For This Useful Post:

fallen angel 2009 (Apr 07, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast