Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you looking for in life?

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

What are you looking for in life?

Most of the threads I've been reading lately have been either down right silly or super serious. So I wanted to introduce one that can either or depending on how you think of it.

So here's the basis of this thread. I was thinking earlier this morning (around two or three) and wondering why I make myself get up every morning. Why I continue to persevere regardless of how terrible each day had gone or is going. I was thinking " Am I living to get to the end or to make a new beginning" and yes thats a odd thing for somebody my age to be thinking but thats how it came out.

For me I live out my life to see if I can do something better with myself. Even though each day can be a major thorn in my side some things do make the struggle worth it. And some people don't have a struggle and live their lives in bliss. What do those kinds of people live for? I mean if your so happy then you wouldn't mind dying if your already happy right?

And thats another thing if you've found what your looking for what do you do once you've found it? Does it end there?

And for those people who have given up on life, did they give up because they couldn't find what they were looking for or was it an act of desperatly trying to find that one thing that made them feel right?

Ok this can go many, many diffrent ways. So have at it.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NevesElocin For This Useful Post:

Genma758 (Mar 03, 2009)

Otaku Robo Soccer Champion, Gorillaz Groove Session Champion blackrose92 is off to a good start blackrose92's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What are you looking for in life?

hmmm to answer your general question for making the thread in the first place..im looking for whatever life throws at me. i live my life not in bliss or despair. i live my life from day to day and i look at it as an adventure.^^ im 16 yrs old and i have alot of life to live for however long that life will be. and i dont plan on thinking on th downers in life forever. yea i know life can be hard sometimes but what im really looking for in my life is just inner peace.
    inner peace with my family, friends, public and social life
    if i can find inner peace. before my life ends ill be the happiest person in the world.
    I'm the best you'll ever have because i am that f*ing AMA-zing chic who can stand on her own d*n feet and becasue of you I am the Greatest Thank you so much SasuraiHell and Gwen

4. The Following User Says Thank You to blackrose92 For This Useful Post:

NevesElocin (Nov 17, 2008)

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

What am i looking for in life, To rule the world o.O ? XD jk

Na i would just be happy with being with my Girlfriend, and settling down sometime with her.Tho bettering my self i wouldn't mind either, that way i would be a better person for me and her in the end of things.I would say i found half of what i was looking for in my life now the rest is up to me to make with the person i love.

Edit : and wtf i am a vet and elite member o.O
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

6. The Following User Says Thank You to koga23 For This Useful Post:

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

well when i sleep i think if i will wake up to see the next morning and every night i think like that and when i wake i don't think what i will do in this day or how i will live my life i just see what the life will bring to me or what a destiny that God have put for me ^_^ ... all i want in this life is no more suffering i have seen a lot of pain and suffering on the faces of all the people for the past 5 or 6 years ._. ... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Frozen Rose For This Useful Post:

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

Life to me at first is just a strange puzzle, then it focused on hedonistic pleasure quests, then found it sad and dreary. I came into money but that only made me feel lonely as I discovered that money and the possession of material things just added up to a lot of clutter. I became fascinated with sex and once that became empty I looked to religion and reading memoirs of the Dalai Llame. I went to college and learned wisdom prevails over love (where many things can go wrong), and that a solid career means following your bliss. I liked the secret law of attraction and manifested a life that suited my taste and from there just dream of even bigger things to do with my time and money. My family is nearest and dearest to me without which make for a rather empty existance. Life is a rollercoaster sometimes where I just go along for the ride. Sometimes it is rowing a boat simply just a dream. Sometimes it is a basket. It's what you put in it. All the material possessions don't come close to the lessons life teaches: how you have loved, how you have been loved and how you've learned to let go.

People who are happy know it isn't for long and will look for other opportunities to be happy. Beyond hedonism, people want to please and to do good for God or some respected higher power. Life is just a blip in time. What is one life without purpose? People who find great meaning in raising the quality of life for others or do gooders know that other people are essential in life, because without that human touch or connection our souls die a little (or alot). People shouldn't wait til they are in their death beds wondering what difference they have made in the world. Some find meaning in charitable organizations, volunteering, donating goods and teaching the growing mind of a child. In giving we surely do receive. The best way to deal with troubles in life is to be diverted with other people's situations. It makes you forget your own troubles and raises self-esteem knowing you made someone elses day. The world is full of problems. What motivates me to get up another morning and start the day is knowing my generations place in history with the president elect, my favorite television shows I'm a fan of, great charities that serve a good cause, chocolate, reading the latest best selling books and continuing the research about the mind, stem cell research, great advances in medicine and watching for trends in fashion and music... and also anwering interesting threads like this.
    Last edited by desxms; Nov 15, 2008 at 02:46 AM. Reason: incomplete answer

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NevesElocin View Post

And some people don't have a struggle and live their lives in bliss. What do those kinds of people live for? I mean if your so happy then you wouldn't mind dying if your already happy right?
    On the contrary, if you're enjoying life, wouldn't you want to live on?

Personally, I believe the greatest motivator behind wanting to end your life (suicide) is because it's an easy way out of life. No more worries, responsibilities, no more expectations to live up to, no pressure - it's a means to end it all.

We hear a lot about suicidal people, and the reason behind their suicidal tendencies is because of the pressures put on them to do well, or the many responsibilities they have that they don't want, and so on. In the case of the elderly, I believe some will want to end their life because they don't want to become a burden for those looking after them, and/or simply believe that they've had their share of life, and therefore, believe that it's time to move on.

And thats another thing if you've found what your looking for what do you do once you've found it? Does it end there?
    Why would it end there? If you've found what you're looking for (be it the love of your life, or the job of your life, or a hidden treasure filled with gold), why would you end it there? Why not make the best of life while you can? Many people want a life, but have theirs taken away from them (say, incurable diseases and the like). If you've still got your life, take it to the max!

And for those people who have given up on life, did they give up because they couldn't find what they were looking for or was it an act of desperatly trying to find that one thing that made them feel right?
    I don't think it has much to do with "finding what they were looking for", as opposed to it simply being an easy way out of life. Don't we all feel that way every now & then? You just don't want to face life, and wish it would all just end. It really is an easy way out, to end your life. But then, you think about all the people in your life, and how it would affect them if you were to disappear.. Is it really worth the grief you'd cause your loved ones? I don't think so. Plus, you've come this far in life, and you're just going to give in? No way, I'm going all the way. The rat race is on! xD

Quote Originally Posted by desxms View Post
    ...and also anwering interesting threads like this.
    Haha, definitely the highlight of my day. It does get you thinking though.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mystical shadow angel For This Useful Post:

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Fulfillment. love, a high point in career, good food and the arts.. you know. just basic happiness

Otaku SweetCandi is off to a good start SweetCandi's Avatar
    Thanks

Most of the threads I've been reading lately have been either down right silly or super serious. So I wanted to introduce one that can either or depending on how you think of it.

So here's the basis of this thread. I was thinking earlier this morning (around two or three) and wondering why I make myself get up every morning. Why I continue to persevere regardless of how terrible each day had gone or is going. I was thinking " Am I living to get to the end or to make a new beginning" and yes thats a odd thing for somebody my age to be thinking but thats how it came out.

For me I live out my life to see if I can do something better with myself. Even though each day can be a major thorn in my side some things do make the struggle worth it. And some people don't have a struggle and live their lives in bliss. What do those kinds of people live for? I mean if your so happy then you wouldn't mind dying if your already happy right?

Ok this can go many, many diffrent ways. So have at it.

The only think im looking for in life is to make sure im happy and live my life to the fullest..my purpose of life is to be happy be successful ,have a family and just be who i am..there is nothing esle that i can say about expections in life

-Candi

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast