+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What You Used to Believe as a Kid

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

What You Used to Believe as a Kid

Hello people of AO! Ok, everyone or as far as I know everyone has had that one belief they had when they were a kid that was totally off the mark. Like thinking the Boogie man lived under your bed or that the moon was made out of cheese.

As for me, well, I used to believe that there was a Creature of Darkness and if you were ever in complete darkness it would get you. So basically if I ever was in a dark room I would turn on a lamp as fast as I could and sometimes I would practically be playing hopstotch with trying to stay in the light. Oh yeah, and it was a long time before I slept without a nightlight . . .(Man! Even then I had an overactive imagination)

So everyone, what did you used to believe in when you were a kid? Don't forget to explain why you believed in what you believed in. We don't want the thread to become a list thread that is not allowed.
    Last edited by Priestess Angel; Feb 06, 2007 at 08:23 PM.

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What You Used to Believe as a Kid

Well... stupid stuff like Bloody Mary. The kids all said she came out of the mirror, and I had a mirror facing my bed when I was younger. Every night I used to pile up my books and stuffed animals to make a barrier between me and the mirror, figuring if you didn't see me she wouldn't come out and kill me. Whooboy... yeah ^^;
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Eh I used to believe in the monsters in the closet thing... my brothers terrorized the crap out of me as a kid -_-;

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

well mine would i thought there was a headless horse men because i saw the movie and i ran down the hallways so fast because I thought he would ride his horse out there to kill us me and my whole family

Otaku Youth-anime-fan is off to a good start
    Thanks

I used to believe in government. And how they cared about us.
    Sometimes as we grow older, we learn things.
    I used to believe in people.
    As we age, we start to discern things.
    I used to believe in love.
    I used to believe in life.

Now as our lives are more grown up,
    It only seems that it only has given up.
    Jimmy used to want to become an army-man,
    But he can't now, he only likes men.

Dreams are for youth to understand,
    As I grow, I no longer can comprehend.
    How "life's lessons" can teach you so much,
    And how sometimes it gives you a crutch.

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

I believed that santa was real
    I believed that the easter bunny was real
    I believed that the tooth fairy was real
    I believed that faith was real
    I believed now that this was all a figment of my imagination to provide me with peacful nights rather than worrying what i would wake up to tomorrow.
    I believed that the world was at peace
    I believed that everybody had it like me
    I believed that knowledge was the way
    I believed now that our world is run by the greed of commercial businesses, that africa and other continents are dying in pain for a cure that is possible to find, and that kids die of hunger, and where food is a couple of dollars away.
    I believed that girls liked personallity
    I believed that love was real
    I believed now that some girls search for hot bodies strapped with cash ready to dish out dollars for the girls every command, and that love was a bodily force of lust that drove out minds.

I believed that i had a sick childhood (Roflmfao!)

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

I used to believe that everyone is kind,that there is no such thing as good and evil,that we die because we do bad things,that there is a lot of things that i can't do and that my future would be great.As i get older, i discover more things about life and learn to reflect from past mistakes.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I used to believe that there was a different world inside the mirror, and if you looked into a mirror in pitch black room you'd get sucked inside. (blame it on the Sailor Moon manga!) That was scary because there was a full-length mirror on the wall, in between the mattresses and the bathroom - in other words, if I ever needed to get up to go to the bathroom, I had to pass the mirror, and I was always dead afraid that I'd look at it.

Subsequently, every time I watched some kind of horror movie or played a game with scary creatures in it I'd believe that that monster was somewhere nearby... up to months after watching/playing. ^^;;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast