+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: What is your favourite animal?

Otaku Crab Ball Champion, TurtleSnake Champion, Dibblez Party Champion zoolivemonster is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: What is your favourite animal?

agreed they are awesooooooooooooooooooooomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    My signature pic!
    I absolutely love it!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to zoolivemonster For This Useful Post:

Zero666Mitaki (Mar 05, 2009)

Otaku DemonicKagomeTahoshi is off to a good start DemonicKagomeTahoshi's Avatar
    Always with my lover in his hearts, or with him no matter what
    Thanks

I really can't narrow down what my favorite animal, but favorites are mostly from the cat and dog family.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

As always, my favorite animal is the fox. Though I do love most animals and respect them equally, I find myself most comparable to the fox.
    ...not for anime reasons...

But because the attitude of the fox is simply the same attitude I have.
    ...foxes ain't evil, they're just curious and want to play. ...and think that everything's theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Wolf View Post
    , and intellegent. Fact.
    Most definitely are, but my husky is... well... "special"...

Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Thanks

Question Re: What is your favourite animal?

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    As always, my favorite animal is the fox. Though I do love most animals and respect them equally, I find myself most comparable to the fox.
    ...not for anime reasons...

But because the attitude of the fox is simply the same attitude I have.
    ...foxes ain't evil, they're just curious and want to play. ...and think that everything's theirs.

Most definitely are, but my husky is... well... "special"...
    Those little Fennec Foxes are cute. :3 The ones you can find in the desert with the big, huge ears. xD I think their big to help them cool down or something.

I like those ones. I remember seeing someone on Animal Planet that was trying to keep one in the house. Surprisingly, it didn't look like it was going out of its mind at all. It just appeared like it was against the law to keep them, and thats why they actually had to remove it from the persons house that it was walking around in, someone had run it over or something and kept it there as a pet, or whatever. It was teeny. xD

My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

Newbie vampiregal100000 is off to a good start vampiregal100000's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Re: What is your favourite animal?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Wolf View Post
    What animal to you like more than any other? They're all wonderful in their own way, but my favourite kind of animal would have to be the Tiger.

Tigers are such a beautiful animal. Big, strong, graceful, cute (cubs are absolutely adorable! ^_^) and fast. It'd be so fun to just run through some open fields as fast as they are able to, heck, it's fun just to see them moving so fast, seeing everything else going by so quickly, covering lots of land in seconds.

My second favourite animal would have to be the Wolf. They are also beautiful animals, not so much when bearing their teeth at you though. But they are awfully nice teeth, respect them, or they'll rip most anything to shreds. XP

And though not so big, they are also strong, graceful (their howls are cool), cute (again, wolf cubs are very adorable. ^.^), and fast. And think about it, it would be pretty cool to be able to be able to howl like they can, that melodious noise they are able to make to communicate with other wolves in the pack, and to warn others.

So, what's your favourite animal(s), and why?
    My fave animal... well, I love dogs. I'm gonna have to say wolf too. They are so adorable as puppies! I live near some. I would love to actually see one. They hate people.

Otaku Jewel of Atlantis Champion, Project 156 Champion, Suna Sudoku Champion, Virus 3 Hex Options Champion kaki tori kaizoku is off to a good start kaki tori kaizoku's Avatar
    Thanks

thats cool. you really live near some? where r u from?

My Youtube My Deviant
    Goal: 363/500 posts to elite member

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Redsquire View Post
    Those little Fennec Foxes are cute. :3 The ones you can find in the desert with the big, huge ears. xD I think their big to help them cool down or something.

I like those ones. I remember seeing someone on Animal Planet that was trying to keep one in the house. Surprisingly, it didn't look like it was going out of its mind at all. It just appeared like it was against the law to keep them, and thats why they actually had to remove it from the persons house that it was walking around in, someone had run it over or something and kept it there as a pet, or whatever. It was teeny. xD
    Fennec Foxes are adorable, but I'm more of a Red Fox kinda' guy.
    Foxes can handle a house environment, it's just that other animals "go crazy" in house-life due to boredom. Not cuz "they're wild".
    Every creature is as wild and as tame as the other, being from a natural habitat doesn't make animals unfit to live amongst humans... but it is safer if they stay away from us, a lot of things in human-habitats are dangerous for untaught animals.

Most animals need wide open spaces and etc because it keeps them happy, just the same as most humans prefer big houses and big yards... it keeps them happy. The reason why animals usually go berserk is because they have nothing to do at a human's house, even if it's big. The poor thing's gonna' go through hormonal stages like a teenager, but unlike the teenager, the animal can neither fully communicate with us or have sex with something: It's bound to go crazy. And what about territory? The house may be yours, but the animal doesn't like having to squeeze between all these furniture and etc. You may find the TV and the daily newspaper interesting, but with no distraction whatsoever, the d@mn animal's gonna' go insane!
    We humans treat animals as "savage & wild" just because we believe we're higher than them... but if the animals were in charge and we were them, we'd react the same way! We'd be bored of our minds if we had no idea why our "owners" are watching colors in a box. We'd love to wrestle something down rather than look at scribbles on a paper.
    It's not wild or savage to want to be rough&tumble, humans would be the same if they didn't know how to use other distractions... and besides, what interests one species, won't be the same for every creature.

EDIT: And of course, not all animals are made for human environments due to specific dietary needs, body-temperature requirements, and etc. ...in other words - just not being made for the environment.

Having said all that: Foxes can easily live within a human environment.
    As a creature who loves small & secure areas, the house is perfect for them. It's their den where nothing can get them. And it's usually the right amount of space for them to keep themselves interested without feeling confined.
    Not only that, but the way they scavenge and small-time hunt doesn't require them to be aggressive in nature - so they can find smaller things to interest them.
    However, foxes ARE panicky. Startle them and they freak out more than your little sister in a horror movie. It's due to their "flight>fight"-nature.
    They tend to run and hide a lot.
    ...also because they're interested in smaller things that don't require heavy activities, a toy can easily please a fox.

They're also naturally curious, so they can be taught tricks. And their wily abilities allow them to learn rather fast.
    ...of course, they happen to be packrats, too. Anything they find interesting, they WILL take it back to their "den" (near their bed).
    They do enjoy playtime, as any other animal does. But they also require "me-times" in which they explore their surroundings.

In other words: They're like a mix of a cat and a dog in personality.

Foxes may fit in well to human society (just like cats, dogs, and... rats), but due to some of them being endangered and still considered a "pristine species" (species untamed by man) (but that's not true, they have been owned and trained by humans throughout history), it's illegal in many areas to own a fox.

...despite that, you will find many families who do own a fox... and they didn't obtain them through any underhanded manner, it was usually just by taking care of an injured one.

BUT AS A NOTE: Studies have shown that foxes treated as pets and bred as such, over time they will eventually look more like dogs and lose their fox-like characteristics. (ears will flop down more, different colors and spots will appear, tails will become more wag-friendly, etc)
    Last edited by Soshi Kitai; Mar 05, 2009 at 04:05 PM.

Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Thanks

Question Re: What is your favourite animal?

I'd certainly believe the thing about foxes becoming more dog-like in appearance the longer they are kept - the same is true forwardly - AND in the reverse, for pigs. If you capture a boar, it eventually, will take on more of a pinky tinge and will get fatter, its entire SKULL formation changes from a shovel-like formation to a fatter, fuller one. But if you put that SAME pig back out in the wild, and leave it to fend for itself, its skull will totally CHANGE again, and become more shovel-like again, for snuffling through the undergrowth looking for the crap that generally all wild piggies will look for to eat. In the wild, "pet" pigs will also become hairier. They basically become wild boars, and people think this is how hunters sometimes end up shooting wild game boars that are, put simply, HUGE. (You can find a plethora of HUGE boar examples on Google, and through spam mail.)

They think these might be escaped domestic piggies that have turned wild, and become more boar-like again.

And yes, I think all animals are like that - needing an amount of time to play and stuff. We have a group of tortoises, and we have plastic balls that tinkle when they roll, and we put them in for the tortoises, and, believe it or not, even though they are reptiles, you'd be AMAZED how happy the lil' torts are with a little glittery ball to play with. They bump it with their feet and smell it, and headbutt it and try to climb over it and stuff. They love their little balls. xD The tinkle sound seems to get their attention, because the rest turn round when one rolls a ball. I dont know why.

I always thought tortoises were more... sensory to vibrations. I didn't think they had very good overall hearing. I've clapped numerous times. Not a single reaction. I've even been sad enough to creep up to the box and jump up and "BOOO!!!" at them. And they just sleep.

Having kept reptiles for a long time now, I can say their quite confusing. One minute you watch them walk straight off tables (ie; Aquatic turtles) because they have no depth perception from living in water, and not really knowing gravity too well, but at the same time, they show weird glimmers of intelligence, moreso than you'd expect.

You look them in the eye, and they just look right back. You can tell their figuring you out.

My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast