View Poll Results: Do you like your parents?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep! I love them both!

25 43.10%
  • meh... They're okay, I suppose.

14 24.14%
  • I like my dad more (or male legal guardian)

6 10.34%
  • I like my mom more (or female legal guardian)

8 13.79%
  • I don't care for either of them.

5 8.62%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What are your parents like?

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What are your parents like?

When I was growing up, I thought my parent were too strict...I couldn't stay out as late or spend the weekend at someone's house two states away like most of my friends could...and when I was in grade school, my mom had us doing schoolwork a couple hours a day during the summer...if I said I was going to be somewhere, they actually called and wanted to speak to parents or other authority figures...and if I brought a guy home, they gave him the third degree and NEVER let us be alone together (for too long, anyway)...I got grounded regularly for something as silly as not cleaning my room, or not coming home by curfew...and God help me if I got a grade lower than a B+...

Now, my parents and I are the best of friends; I come over to visit several times a week, and they call me constantly just to make sure I'm okay. I realize that everything they did that I thought was so horrible was just their way of trying to help me grow up into a decent, respectable adult. One of the sweetest moments in my life was when my dad and I were in the car (don't remember where we were going), and he just turned to me and said, "I'm so proud of you. I tell everyone about my baby girl and how much she's done with her life." I'll never forget that moment; I didn't (and still don't) think I'd done anything really great, but knowing that the people who'd done more for me than anyone ever had or ever will held me in such high regard was just...undescribable.

I can't speak for all parents, as some are truly awful, evil people, but I think most of them are just doing the best they can to keep their kids from becoming complete failures in life. If this site's still around 10 or 20 years from now, I'd love to see if some of you have changed your view of your parents. And I hope that if your parents really are good people, who do everything they can to see you happy, healthy and successful, that one day you'll appreciate them for it.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Newbie EijiAzurite is off to a good start EijiAzurite's Avatar
    Thanks

I like both of my parents just as much. I am more closer to each in their own different ways.

My father I have interests in sports, movies, and construction work. With my mom there are debates about political views, schools, and IT related things on databases and web designs. So, I guess you can say that I get along with both of my parent most of the time. There are times where I would rather not speak to them on certain areas of my life but what children would want to share everything.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=60054&dateline=118231  2968

Otaku BAUTIFULSOUL is off to a good start BAUTIFULSOUL's Avatar
    Thanks

well, my parents are divorced and they soooo do not get along. whenever their in a fight my mom always put my sis and i in it. my dad is an easy to talk to and be around. my mom on the other hand she can be a total bitch. everything we do is wrong oh, she gets on my nerves. but she has her good times. so practically i love my parents but i would like to be by myself sometimes just to get away from them.

i guess im like my mom i get kind of angry easily and im loud. but also like my dad in facial features.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quite simply put, My parents are overprotective and overrestrictive. They won't let me get M or R rated movies/games because of what happens in it, I have a bedtime curfew and I'm 15 years of age. And they constantly ask questions about my private life. I prefer my father over my mother though. We get along better and both like certain TV shows.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Newbie ME2LOL is off to a good start ME2LOL's Avatar
    Thanks

they get on my nerves but theyer the only ones i got if i had to chooose i would choose a better family

Newbie Kisa Uchiha is off to a good start Kisa Uchiha's Avatar
    Thanks

My parents are ok. They're just like an ordinary parent. ^^

My mom's religious. And my dad's the opposite. But that doesn't mean he's bad or anything he's still pretty religious.
    My mom is more in charge of grades, religious things...etc
    My dad is more in charge of my strength, power,...and those kinda stuff. ^^'

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I love them both with all my heart and soul to no end!

My mom is the peacemaker of the house, and she's the most adorable angel one can ever meet. Seriously, at least I strong feel that way ~!! Her benevolence, cordiality, and openness to others makes me feel so extraordinarily happy and blessed for being born to a goddess like her. The genuineness in everything she does is certain to move anybody, even those who have met her recently ~!! As my grandfather put it, slight knowledge of her is bound to change myriad perceptions in anybody. I truly understand what he meant. It's not absolute, but I realize the meaning behind his articulation [.]~! He calls her the cutest things. I have never seen a father and daughter relate so beautifully. He was a great man! I miss him very much. Anyways, no matter how hard I try, my words can never come adequate to describe her divinity.. I wouldn't have been nearly as what I am if it wasn't for her. Not in a million years ~! When she told me that she gave birth to me thinking of God, it meant so much to me. She's phenomenal. I love her indescribably.

As for my dad... he is an interesting character. He can be irrational sometimes, which is why we all love him so dearly. He fails when it comes to casual discourses ~! My dad the social misfit. Haha! He's the baby of the house and always gets us laughing. Sometimes, him and I exchange punches and kicks when mom isn't around. Hahaha. He's really something. He acts like he got everything under control while he doesn't. He's goofy, which my mom finds to be really adorable ~! She tells me that's why she fell for him, one of the reasons anyways. I have great respect for him, principally because he respects and cares for my mom so very much ~ Oh yeah, he pretends to be a teenage and playfully addresses and dances with my mom at home, which my siblings and I love... I deeply admire him for that. Well, he's a learned man who loves and cares for his family in his own weird way, as my grandfather said it, jokingly. Anyhow, to put it simply...

No matter what imperfections they may carry, those are what makes them perfect. They are my God and Goddess. And I love them, immensely!

Otaku urlovelyassassin is off to a good start
    in the devil's arms and the angel's heart
    Thanks

i love my mom

(dont have a dad)

my mom is awesome

well she's a currently recovering drug addict

but she understands that kids need to have fun

which is why i can always go to parties and stuff

and drink once in a while

me and my mom really trust eachother