Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your passion in life?

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Question What is your passion in life?

A good friend of mine and I were talking a while back, and he told me that he went around town asking random people one simple, yet complex question--the very same question he asked me and I'm going to ask you: What is your passion? When I say passion, I mean what is it in life that makes you feel at peace? Everybody has some kind of passion in life; something that gives them a "purpose" or makes them feel good about themselves. Something that you love to do, for example.

My passion is and always has been art. Be it drawing, writing, music or painting; I love art! I listen to all different kinds of music, I love to paint (be it on a canvas or with a can of spray-paint), I enjoy writing and I ESPECIALLY love to draw! It makes me feel good, takes me out of my states of depression, and makes me feel like I have a purpose in this world.

What about you? What makes you tick? What's your passion in life?

Banned AngelicDemon201092 is off to a good start AngelicDemon201092's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What is your passion in life?

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    A good friend of mine and I were talking a while back, and he told me that he went around town asking random people one simple, yet complex question--the very same question he asked me and I'm going to ask you: What is your passion? When I say passion, I mean what is it in life that makes you feel at peace? Everybody has some kind of passion in life; something that gives them a "purpose" or makes them feel good about themselves. Something that you love to do, for example.

My passion is and always has been art. Be it drawing, writing, music or painting; I love art! I listen to all different kinds of music, I love to paint (be it on a canvas or with a can of spray-paint), I enjoy writing and I ESPECIALLY love to draw! It makes me feel good, takes me out of my states of depression, and makes me feel like I have a purpose in this world.

What about you? What makes you tick? What's your passion in life?

hmm.. well lets see.. I am very passionate about animals. I have a serious soft spot for them and i'm always relaxed around them. If you saw me having a bad day and then handed me a kitten or a hamster or whatever you'd see me instantly soften and relax.

Then there's singing.. i'm always different when i sing.. I go somewhere else and yeah.. i dunno i'm just so different when i sing because i get into my class and all the worries and things just go away until i'm done.. it sometimes helps me figure things out because it calms me..

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

I love translation.

It's one of the only things that I can do and feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction in my work reguardless of whether or not anyone notices the effort I've put forth. Just reading my own words beside the original gives me the tingles.

Text translation is more or less impossible as a full-time career... but whatever I do end up doing, I'm going to either make translation a part of it or continue to translate on the side.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AngelicDemon201092 View Post

hmm.. well lets see.. I am very passionate about animals. I have a serious soft spot for them and i'm always relaxed around them. If you saw me having a bad day and then handed me a kitten or a hamster or whatever you'd see me instantly soften and relax.

Then there's singing.. i'm always different when i sing.. I go somewhere else and yeah.. i dunno i'm just so different when i sing because i get into my class and all the worries and things just go away until i'm done.. it sometimes helps me figure things out because it calms me..
    I'll be sure to bring you a hamster the next time you're upset. LOL. ^_^ No, seriously though, my sister's mom is the same way. When I lived with them, the animals got more attention than we did. About a week before I moved back to the Twin Cities, I counted about 13 cats and 5 dogs! We were like the friggin' humane society! LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    I love translation.

It's one of the only things that I can do and feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction in my work reguardless of whether or not anyone notices the effort I've put forth. Just reading my own words beside the original gives me the tingles.

Text translation is more or less impossible as a full-time career... but whatever I do end up doing, I'm going to either make translation a part of it or continue to translate on the side.
    I wish I could read Japanese better, I'd be able to put my hand at translation. I can speak it and try, but I still need to work on my grammar. I'm not fluent or anything. I commend you for what you do. I think it's really cool that you can pride yourself in having that kind of skill.

Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Thanks

I think I have 2 passions. one being drumming and the other girls. and on a good skating. theres just something so satifying about drumming. so much so that I can't understand how everyone doesn't love it. Girls is self-explanatory. skating is just fun after landing that trick that you bust your ass attempting like 7 times.
    I make black history everyday. I don't need a month

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: What is your passion in life?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoods View Post
    I think I have 2 passions. one being drumming and the other girls. and on a good skating. theres just something so satifying about drumming. so much so that I can't understand how everyone doesn't love it. Girls is self-explanatory. skating is just fun after landing that trick that you bust your ass attempting like 7 times.
    The drums are such great instruments! I love musical instruments. I played trumpet since about the age of eight or nine. Since then, I've learned to play piano (I'm not so great at most of these instruments), drums, alto saxaphone, harmonica and guitar. I only play the guitar mostly now, dibbling and dabbling with the trumpet on and off to keep the skills fresh.

But back to the drums. ^_^

I never was too great with them, but I love to hear and watch them be played! I know a small handfull of percussionists who've shown me a few things or at least given me the pleasure of playing along side them with my guitar or trumpet. I can drum on tables and cups and such, and make pretty solid beats. I can beat-box like there's no tomorrow! LOL. But, for some reason, I can't master the drums! I'd love too though. (Music is art and art is my passion)

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I do not have any passion at all. Very annoying I can tell you that.

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

I think about this alot actually. And in the end I just end up depressed because... there is nothing. Like, seriously, nothing like that for me. Which I think is a really really sad state of afairs. Heck it's been so long I can't even think of when I was REALLY uber into anything.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast