+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Whats in a name?

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Whats in a name?

When people here certain names they get a specific idea about that person or something related to that person. When people hear your name what is normally they're reaction? Do you know what you name means and do you reflect what it means? And would you change your name if you could?

Most people who know me, when they hear my name they either smile or run. I either love you or hate you and my very name can bring forth emotions that most can not explain.

My name means a sweet smelling flower. I can be sweet but it doesn't happen very often.

When I was younger I wanted to change my name to something cuter but now I like my name and what it means.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Whats in a name?

My name Laura, is a nice name I think, not the most beautifull but it's not ugly also, and I wouldn't change it... no way...

Because it really represents who I am (if we talk about all the books that tell what your name), I'm shy, creative, my mood changes easily and so on... If you want to know what I am you can read it in a book indeed... most facts are true.

Dunno what people think when they hear my name... you could tell me that... please?

Only thing I don't like about it is that it's pronounced differenly in English than in Latvian, because I can't say it's wrong to pronounce it like that but I'm Laura not "Lora"... It just seems like a part of me dies there. lol I know- I am strange.

But my family name... oh no... it means "mountin", it's nothing like me because I'mnot strong or great like a mountin, definetely not, still I like how it sounds (in Latvian, I'm sure English can't pronounce it at all...)
    Last edited by Lasura; Jul 06, 2007 at 03:09 AM.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Otaku Master_badger may be famous one day Master_badger may be famous one day
    Thanks

Mine's Luis. Means "Brave warrior" on germany (very old germany BTW, but another opinion it's come from Norway). Exactly don't know what people things when hear my name. I think maybe remember another Luis who meet in the past. That's the case with Lasura. When i hear "Laura" i remember a friend and a foe. Is strange, but is the true.

By the way, i hate the english pronounce of my name, "Louise", is terrible.
    "Knowledge is power"

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

My name means warrior maiden or warrior like, it's kinda funny but it fits me perfectly! Not too sure what people think of it because it's kinda common. I do know that when I was born that my name was almost made Anglea and I'm glad that it wasn't because I like my name.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

HAH. When people hear my name their typical reaction is "WHAT?". Because they either find it impossible to pronounce, or they're shocked that anyone can have such a short name. Funny, even after knowing I'm Asian and it's not supposed to be strange finding an Asian name hard to pronounce.

My Chinese name comprises three words that each mean "king", "trustworthy" and "grace". I don't think I'm the embodiment of any of those words. For one, I'm not royalty (though I can be a bit bossy), and I'm not the most trustworthy person around (I'm all about white lies to get your way) and I certainly am not graceful! xD Soooooooo yeah. Chinese people think it's a nice name, I've got nothing against it, but it's hella difficult to pronounce (which IS annoying).

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

~! My first name (family name) means "the way of heaven". And my given name can roughly be translated to mean "auspicious" or "giver of joy".

What's people's reaction when they hear my name? Whack me on the head and marry me sort of response, I get. =/ Unconvincing, wasn't it? Umm, many find it pleasant, I suppose, but some have remained callous. Do I resonate it's implication? All those who are near and dear to me think so, yes. They find my presence comforting and refreshing, as I do of theirs.

Yes, I lovers my name.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

With a name, comes a curse and a strength.
    I believe names give "power".

Well anywho... my name means "Nobleman".
    I'm not too sure if I'm noble. I may respect respect, but I'm not very kind or forgiving to other people... I know those have nothing to do with being a nobleman, but I almost feel as if I give my name a... bad name.

How do people react to my name? Well... they react oddly to it.
    It's... different, yet familiar.
    Everyone compares my name to someone or something they know, since my name is familiar to the media in an odd sense. O_o
    But they always compare it. So... yeah.

Would I change it? I once wanted to, thinking it was too plain...
    But...... no, I don't want to change it now. I'm proud of my name. It grew up with me.
    Last edited by Soshi Kitai; Jul 05, 2007 at 09:59 PM.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a rather uncommon name; it's easily pronounceable and not too hard to remember, but people who just met me tend to either forget completely, or call me something totally different. The number one comment I get after introducing myself is "Oh, that's pretty...what does it mean?" Well...nothing, as far as I know. It's just a name, nothing more. I have to admit though, it is nice knowing that the chances of meeting someone else with the same name are slim to none. I'm an original!!
    sig by Pyro Psycho

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast