+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats up with all the cellphones?

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Whats up with all the cellphones?

I need a phone or I'll be stranded at the uni or the bus stop. There are pay phones at the Uni, but not at the stops, which can be kinda creepy if your waiting for a lift at night, plus it's handing to sms people for short message that need to get through ( cheaper than a call) and I guess alot of people use it for reasons like that aswell.

I still have pay phones here, and I see the emergency stopping bays on the highways have pay phones here aswell.

as for teenagers. Some of them don't even need one, they either want to look good with the groovey technology, or have over protective parents who need to know where they are 24/7. Of course there are those who work and actually need one other than texting friends all the time ^^.

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

It's better than paper notes I guess. You can send text messages in the middle class to talk about the new gossip or find out "Where you at?"

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

what no mention of a good old can and string?? as for the yellow emergancy call boxes i still see them on my freeways in Socal, they are just more spread out than before. The explosion of celluar use is alarming, but its the sign of the times is all, although i my self still wonder how frealing important a call really is when you drive around and basicly talk about nothing...the Use of cell phones in the US is nothing compared to the customer base in Japan and Korea, where grade schoolers go to class with at least one cell phone straped to them or their backpacks...
    i call people if i have to with my own cell, but otherwise it sits on my table or a random pocket. my friend seems to have surgicly attached a cell phone to the side of his head...hes always on the damn thing...
    and what about Atari! its old school, but never too old...
    Don't Panic

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

My cell has become a glorified watch. I got my bill a few days ago...I used 11 minutes (no, that's not a typo, I really did use only ELEVEN minutes the entire month), and I still have to pay the full amount. The only reason I don't get rid of it altogether is that I'm sure one day my car will die in the middle of the highway and I'll need to call a towtruck (as far as I can tell, there aren't any payphones I could use). Maybe I should look into one of those prepaid plans...
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

damn gren, i spend more time answering wrong numbers...lol...for my number it is a real annoyance, i get wrong numbers almost daily...
    Don't Panic

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jepray View Post
    damn gren, i spend more time answering wrong numbers...
    Well, part of the problem is I never charge the thing; I've gone as long as a couple of weeks with the phone completely off and no battery power (thus defeating the purpose of emergency use). But I really don't have any other use for it...I'm at work all day, where I have a phone at my desk, and otherwise I'm at home, and people can call me there. When I'm out, I really just don't want to be bothered.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    Well, part of the problem is I never charge the thing; I've gone as long as a couple of weeks with the phone completely off and no battery power (thus defeating the purpose of emergency use). But I really don't have any other use for it...I'm at work all day, where I have a phone at my desk, and otherwise I'm at home, and people can call me there. When I'm out, I really just don't want to be bothered.
    In that case you might just as well move to a prepaid phone. Then again you got that uncharged phone thing, but in most cases 911 is free even with an unactivated phone. So maybe you can save yourself some money by going prepaid or downgrade the plan depending on your company.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    In that case you might just as well move to a prepaid phone. Then again you got that uncharged phone thing, but in most cases 911 is free even with an unactivated phone. So maybe you can save yourself some money by going prepaid or downgrade the plan depending on your company.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking, a prepaid thing would be a lot less money and more conducive to the way I use my cell. That, or I'll start an anti-cell revolution...we got along just fine without them before, why are they so important now? Isn't it a luxury to be away from the phone, in a place where no one can bother you? I don't know about anyone else, but I just don't want to be accessible all the time. And I'd never call 911 if it wasn't a real emergency; a flat tire pales in comparison to someone bleeding to death.

An interesting note on Pyoro's post: There was an article in the paper about this the other day--Don't let kids play with your unactivated phone. Since 911 still works, if they happen to dial it, the call will go through, and you could get have a whole mess of trouble on your hands.

I'm all in favor of payphones coming back, but unfortunately, it's pretty unlikely.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast