+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: What's your dream job, and why?

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What's your dream job, and why?

Quote Originally Posted by eleonne View Post
    The profession that I really wanted, all limitations aside, was to be a psychiatrist and work in a mental institution. The reason - Well, I know that every person has a desire to help others, but this desire to help differs in which group of people they want to help. For others, they want to help homeless people, for others, they might have a soft spot for abused women and children, etc. For me, what I had wanted to spend my life helping were the mentally ill, the people the society turns a blind eye to so often in my opinion. I guess this is because the mentally ill are commonly understood as an impediment and a bother; the severely mentally ill are people who can't conribute to the society and instead needs to be looked after by them.

I have a different perception of them, however. I have this secret fascination of them, an admiration, even. It wasn't so much as wanting to help them as it was also the desire to learn from them. Whether or not this perception of mine would change if I had actually worked with the mentally ill, I guess I'll never know now, because I have now taken steps toward another direction. I know my opportunity hasn't been totally extinguished, but under the circumstances, the possibility is very slim. I have no regrets in the choices I have made that have brought me where I am now, because I know that I only have to fully accept that my life is not entirely my own, and that living for others should be what fulfills me.

Cinlilly-> I have to say, Cinlilly, your dream job rocks! Haha, I don't know why I haven't thought of that before, I mean, yeah my dream job is to be a psychiatrist, but wouldn't be getting paid for doing absolutely nothing awesome? I'm imagining total freedom. Of course, me being a lazy person by nature, me wanting that kind of job comes as no surprise for me, but since I've never experienced myself as doing nothing for a job, I can't say if the boredom will kill me. Sure, it might go smoothly for some time, but the boredom will creep in eventually. I wonder if boredom can really kill?

I suppose a job that enables me to travel around world and explore a lot would also be kind of cool.
    Nice... Keep sane while you're at it, though. And good luck with those medical school applications.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Otaku Haruko Haruhara is off to a good start Haruko Haruhara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What's your dream job, and why?

Okay I don't hate my math teacher, he does give me the insperation to become
    a helicopter pilot because he tells me how he loved to fly. So you may be teaching
    a student math or anything else but that will not be all they may learn but something
    else important as well.

Newbie angel5431 is off to a good start angel5431's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink Re: What's your dream job, and why?

my dream job is an anime artist because i cant live without art and i draw almost everyday its really fun and easy oh and can u add me thx
    im angel but, i could be dark and mysterious at times , so boys watch out meow im fast and mean!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6