+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: when people talk about you...

Otaku Ritoru-chan may be famous one day Ritoru-chan may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: when people talk about you...

I wouldn't be all too surprised if that had or has happened to me though I've learnt not to care anymore. If they're going to be that pathetic, let them. Hiding only shows cowardess, and if they don't have the gaul to tell me to my face then fine, so be it.

If I happen to have found out I'd approach them and ask them why they'd say such things. It'd probably (if I were a teen still) start out as a bit of a fight but eventually I just would solve it by talking or if it came to it, refusal of talking to them anymore. I don't need people like that in my life.
    "You know what the trouble about real life is? There's no danger music." -- The Cable Guy
    Photography | @Twitter | Website

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

well real friends would understand that u have more friends to talk to. just because there are two groups doesnt make this a war where people betray eachother. they shouldnt talk behind ur back, and if u noticed u should have ignored them and joined the other group, guessing that u had nice friends there. if both groups dont like u, there is no point making both mad. like the saying goes, u cant please everybody.

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

if both groups dont like u, there is no point making both mad. like the saying goes, u cant please everybody.
    Are you saying to leave your own happiness just to please others who don't even give a damn about you!?

I do not understand this logic.
    There is no logic in that statement.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Good point. Taking sides is very difficult, so I don't do it... Ever. I'm neutral like Sweden; I just wait and watch. But on the other hand, I can't really consider someone who talks badly behind my back a true friend--more like an aqcuaintance or associate. I don't ever care about what anyone says about me, but in order to get respect you have to give it; right?

In that case, the less respect a "friend" gives me, the less they receive. It's never a matter of what they said, it's always a matter of loyalty and honor.
    ROFL, the Swede's...

I also agree with your post and find it at the foundation of friendships I create. Of course I could always wait and watch myself, but playing offense is more my style.

There is almost always a time when your friend or yourself will talk badly about each other. You don't necesarrily have to have less respect or a lack of honor and loyalty to do so, just being pissed off is a good enough reason. Hell, talking about the faults and little pet peeves are essential in knowing a person, and it can allow you to get past them.

I use this plilosphy in creating a friendship, and I have never been disappointed in the outcome. They may talk some smack every now and again, but that doesn't make them any less of a friend. Knowing each other and being able to deal with that is one of the true marks of friendship. You can't always act like a child or hold a grudge over some simple/idiotic argument if you claim to be a mature individual.

Choosing when and where to go is difficult, but if you aren't welcome in the first place, get some pride and quit being so pathetic. If you are a follower in life, actually follow something or someone, worth the effort.

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

Ppl are going to talk about you... All you can do is know who you are & move along... Accept the good with the bad & if they are your friends they would too... I know you probably do cause your friends aren't perfect I'm sure... And if they are your friends they shouldn't have any need to go behind your back, if they have a problem with you they should come to your face & have a discussion amongst you all... They could just be jealous of what you are & what you have to offer...

"Most ppl are scared of what ppl are or can become..."

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inuruto View Post
    "Most ppl are scared of what ppl are or can become..."
    Fearing the unknown is a frequent response and reaction made by human beings. Whether or not it is perceived as negative, it can happen to those closest to you, and they should give the benefit of the doubt; especially when related or relating to friendship.

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

First off.

I hate when people talk about me`

Second:

If its hateful, its kinda cool that someone would waste there time of life on me. So I guess that's fine too.

It does hurt my feelings at first, (&&) I ask "Why?"

But I just can't let stuff like that drag me to ones level. I've done it before yes, but I didn't like myself after it.

It may even take years for the affect to happen to me. I'll just be thinking, (&&) it will pop up. Which then I start to cry.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Well since everyone is posting pretty much the same view, I think I'm going to post a different view. First of all, I think talking about someone behind their back is pretty normal because even I do it. It doesn't necessarily mean that I am talking "shit" about someone when their not there. It could also mean that I am complimenting the person when they are not present.

But back to the point, everyone does it even if it is unintentionally so I don't put those people in the "trash" group unless they are chronic talkers. I realize over the years in public schools, that if rumors are spread there always will be a chance for you to defend yourself. So if you decide to just "ignore" it and play cool, your screwing yourself over.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast