View Poll Results: So, Where do you live?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • North America [including: Carib Islands, C.American countries, & Greenland]

32 68.09%
  • South America

0 0%
  • Africa

0 0%
  • Europe

3 6.38%
  • Asia

8 17.02%
  • Australia/Oceania

2 4.26%
  • Antarctica

0 0%
  • Somewhere in space

1 2.13%
  • None of the above, this is stupid.

1 2.13%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do you live?

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Where do you live?

So, I was just wondering how many people here live in America and how many don't.

I'd also like to know what the censorship is like around your parts and what your take is on it, and what your perspective is on the censorship on other countries.

I, for example, live in AMERICA and my take on the censorship here is "wishy-washy", if you will. I have different opinions on what they allow over here and what they feel is right and wrong. What to do in public, what to say in public, what not to say in public, how to act, how to dress, blah blah blah.

See, before I used to think the censorship over here in America (North America to be exact) was okay. That it was right . But, then I started watching this absolutely amazing British TV show online called Skins and fell in love with it. Not only because the acting is amazing, but because the censorship there is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than what it is here. I had no idea that cultures and different areas of the world were so different. I mean, I knew they weren't alike, but I didn't think they'd be so different as to what to say and if that's okay, etc. I mean obviously cultures are different, but in America people talk English. In England, people talk English, lol so I guess I assumed that there wouldn't be so much of a difference as to what was accepted to the public eye.

But BOY! was I wrong!

So, where do you live and what's it like over there?
    I'd like to know

And so would you!

Shibuya Crosser Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Where do you live?

Canada...........!!!!!!!! i hate north america i want to move far far away!

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I live in North America in sunny southern California in San Diego. We pretty much have everything. I have been to quite a few stats in the US and I am sorry to say about half of them I found to be lacking, be it the way people acted and or infestructure wise as there was not much to do but all had their own beauty about them which I loved... Except two. Kentucky and Tennessee are two stats I completely DISPIZE!! Although Kentucky was worse then Tennessee. The majority of the people there are horrible horrible horrible... *3 house later* Horrible horrible people!! I can rant on about how stupid, ignorant, selfish, lazy, hypocritical bastards they are for hours!! But I wont, I will refrain my self from irrupting into a cursing rant...... Screw it *Puts sound proof glass bowl over my head and starts cursing for 2 hours* I feel sorry for those very very very small group of actually decent people who are stuck there and forced to deal will these... I wouldnt call them people... Well have to deal with the devolved populace. They just suck!! But every were else I had been too had there ups and down but were for the most part very fun and I enjoyed.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Newbie Blade is off to a good start Blade's Avatar
    Thanks

In minnesota. Where the winters are cold and where we have a load of snow... and in the summer it almost never gets over 90

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    So, I was just wondering how many people here live in America and how many don't.

I'd also like to know what the censorship is like around your parts and what your take is on it, and what your perspective is on the censorship on other countries.

I, for example, live in AMERICA and my take on the censorship here is "wishy-washy", if you will. I have different opinions on what they allow over here and what they feel is right and wrong. What to do in public, what to say in public, what not to say in public, how to act, how to dress, blah blah blah.

See, before I used to think the censorship over here in America (North America to be exact) was okay. That it was right . But, then I started watching this absolutely amazing British TV show online called Skins and fell in love with it. Not only because the acting is amazing, but because the censorship there is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than what it is here. I had no idea that cultures and different areas of the world were so different. I mean, I knew they weren't alike, but I didn't think they'd be so different as to what to say and if that's okay, etc. I mean obviously cultures are different, but in America people talk English. In England, people talk English, lol so I guess I assumed that there wouldn't be so much of a difference as to what was accepted to the public eye.

But BOY! was I wrong!

So, where do you live and what's it like over there?
    I'd like to know

And so would you!
    OK I am start off with say.. Wow I feel insulted. "In England, people talk English".. Well Dur!! we aren't going to all speak French and say we are English. One why to feel a little dumb I think. And if you think the acting on Skins in Amazing... where the hell have you been?? Talk about being uneducated.

If you didn't think that other countries would be so different. Then haven't you heard of third world countries or anything? I am sorry but to actually see someone say that they didn't realise how different life is in another part of the world, then its like "where the hell have you been all your life" I mean come on now, You've surly seen the world news or even in your local area talk about other parts of the world. Even places like Iraq for instance. You honestly can't sit there and type/say that you didn't realise it would be that different.

And yeah the censorship in England is different. But that's because look at difference in population, in different cultures, in different ways of talking, and obviously the different in size of the country. I also forgot about the level in Education. America University is like a British High School. Our drinking age is at 18 not 21 because we can handle our drinks a little better maybe? Our currency is a lot different because although to a British person I might be poor, but then when I was in America.. I had double the amount of money.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I live in Alabama the dreaded Southeastern portion of the U.S. I do ask that you don't hold that against me. I extremely hate it when someone thinks I am an ignorant, illiterate fool just because of where I live.

How everything is censored down here is the same as anywhere in the U.S. Though I will say that the Southern dialect is something that not everyone is used to. If you are not used to it than it's no surprise if you don't understand it.

It's odd because even though the Southern accent is still very prevalent when I talk to people who are in my age group many don't have the heavy Southern accent like many older people do if they have it at all. I know I don't usually speak with a Southern accent though I can. I remember one day I was working at my father's business and I was tending to a customer. The customer later learned that I was the daughter of the owner. She couldn't believe it because she said I had an accent (Northerner accent).

I know the reason why this has happened, though. It's because of television. I mean, honestly, how many times have you listened to a Southern accent unless you were watching CMT. I believe that is the reason it is so easy for me to speak without an accent because I have been exposed not just to the Southern accent but to the Northern accent as well.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic. I sure do hope that I am breaking the stereotype that all Southerners are stupid with my posts. This is the main reason why I don't usually disclose where I live until I have been to a community for a fair amount of time. I want people to judge me by my character and intellect not by where I live.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    I pretty much feel the same way about it.But compared to other country's such as China or even Russia.Such in china they do not have freedom of speech or even freedom of the of the press.The censorship here in the US doesn't look so bad compared to that,tho i am not saying it is wonderful either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    OK I am start off with say.. Wow I feel insulted. "In England, people talk English".. Well Dur!!
    No wai, Lol jk

I also forgot about the level in Education. America University is like a British High School. Our drinking age is at 18 not 21 because we can handle our drinks a little better maybe? Our currency is a lot different because although to a British person I might be poor, but then when I was in America.. I had double the amount of money.
    That's one of the sad parts about living here in the states.That the eduction system is decrepit, and needing a major over hall in allot of areas compared to the British system.Not only that but the currency as you said is far less compared to the Euro.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koga23 View Post
    OK I am start off with say.. Wow I feel insulted. "In England, people talk English".. Well Dur!!
    No wai, Lol jk
    May I also point out the very OBVIOUS thing... the English Language came from.... ooo guess where..... England.. Hense the term - "English". I am sorry found I found that insulting that you didn't realise we spoke English.

This might sound a bit pig headed... but in American history, which country invaded America?? Sorry to any Native American's The British did a lot of invading I know.... But still.. if it wasn't for the British.. then would there been white American's?
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast