View Poll Results: So, Where do you live?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • North America [including: Carib Islands, C.American countries, & Greenland]

32 68.09%
  • South America

0 0%
  • Africa

0 0%
  • Europe

3 6.38%
  • Asia

8 17.02%
  • Australia/Oceania

2 4.26%
  • Antarctica

0 0%
  • Somewhere in space

1 2.13%
  • None of the above, this is stupid.

1 2.13%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do you live?

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Where do you live?

Oh i was just kidding with you Sazzy, I know where the English Language came from.Sorry if you took it the wrong way didn't mean anything bad by it.

Anyway,Seeing as i didn't answer where i lived.Here goes, I live up in the North East of the US. In New England to be a little more accurate.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Otaku Shin Ryuga is off to a good start
    Thanks

Romania..... WELCOME TO HELL !!!

you don't whanna be liveing here :|

censorship ??? well not much here... u just can't carry weapons with you.... youcan cary and dress how you see fit.... curse ppl at random on the streets bla bla bla.....

Thx allot AO 4 makeing me resize this....i'm being sarcastic......

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    OK I am start off with say.. Wow I feel insulted. "In England, people talk English".. Well Dur!! we aren't going to all speak French and say we are English. One why to feel a little dumb I think. And if you think the acting on Skins in Amazing... where the hell have you been?? Talk about being uneducated.

If you didn't think that other countries would be so different. Then haven't you heard of third world countries or anything? I am sorry but to actually see someone say that they didn't realise how different life is in another part of the world, then its like "where the hell have you been all your life" I mean come on now, You've surly seen the world news or even in your local area talk about other parts of the world. Even places like Iraq for instance. You honestly can't sit there and type/say that you didn't realize it would be that different.

And yeah the censorship in England is different. But that's because look at difference in population, in different cultures, in different ways of talking, and obviously the different in size of the country. I also forgot about the level in Education. America University is like a British High School. Our drinking age is at 18 not 21 because we can handle our drinks a little better maybe? Our currency is a lot different because although to a British person I might be poor, but then when I was in America.. I had double the amount of money.
    I know that cultures are different, and yes I know what third world countries are, and yes I know that not everyone lives the same.

People in England speak English - duh. Duh, duh, duh, duh, duh.

I know this. I know all of it. But watching that show online made me realize that the censorship is wayyyyy different, when all along I thought that they were quite similar. So it was something new for me on my part.

I'm not an idiot, and I'm well edumacated.

It isn't that serious Saz. I just happened to learn something new.

Forgive me if the schools over here aren't so smart or whatever as over there.

AND, as for the acting. It's different. Because shows over here DO NOT show the type of material as over there. So it's different. And it made me cry, and it made me laugh.

Good acting?
    I think so.

We can have a difference in opinion Saz, it's okay.

But to understand that is called being well-rounded. Which I guess doesn't exist over there?

Or, might you want to educate me a little on that as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    This might sound a bit pig headed... but in American history, which country invaded America?? Sorry to any Native American's The British did a lot of invading I know.... But still.. if it wasn't for the British.. then would there been white American's?
    Wow, are you serious? Anything else you want to point out about your wonderful England?

Oh, by the way, if I'm not mistaken, if it weren't for little old America, this site would have never been created due to the fact that the original Admins came from America??

Or, might you correct me on that too?
    Last edited by The White Wolf; Aug 05, 2008 at 08:12 PM.

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

I lve in the Southeast Asia! Philippines to be exact.

I know that you don't know where that is.

Because it is a small country.

Newbie SpikeSpiegel22 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Wink Oklahoma

and want to know where i could found a mask like that Military Surplus even scarier, my main goal is to scare my sister. That would be great. Thanks

Newbie Xanosuke2 is off to a good start Xanosuke2's Avatar
    Thanks

South Carolina ^^; and I would guess we really don't have any censorship here...other than speaking with a slur >.> which i don't...

Erasing my past one bad memory at a time.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priestess Angel View Post
    Well, I live in Alabama the dreaded Southeastern portion of the U.S. I do ask that you don't hold that against me. I extremely hate it when someone thinks I am an ignorant, illiterate fool just because of where I live.

How everything is censored down here is the same as anywhere in the U.S. Though I will say that the Southern dialect is something that not everyone is used to. If you are not used to it than it's no surprise if you don't understand it.

It's odd because even though the Southern accent is still very prevalent when I talk to people who are in my age group many don't have the heavy Southern accent like many older people do if they have it at all. I know I don't usually speak with a Southern accent though I can. I remember one day I was working at my father's business and I was tending to a customer. The customer later learned that I was the daughter of the owner. She couldn't believe it because she said I had an accent (Northerner accent).

I know the reason why this has happened, though. It's because of television. I mean, honestly, how many times have you listened to a Southern accent unless you were watching CMT. I believe that is the reason it is so easy for me to speak without an accent because I have been exposed not just to the Southern accent but to the Northern accent as well.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic. I sure do hope that I am breaking the stereotype that all Southerners are stupid with my posts. This is the main reason why I don't usually disclose where I live until I have been to a community for a fair amount of time. I want people to judge me by my character and intellect not by where I live.
    I don’t know if this was directed at me or not but if it is I would like to clear up the fact that I was talking about these two states and NOT southern culture as a whole. I don’t believe I even mentioned southern culture, just the people and how they acted towards others. The majority of men there still believe that a women’s place is in the kitchen and look at them and treat them as if they are nothing more then a side of meat. Also racism is still very much alive in these two stats then any other I have been to so far. I have meet many people who have graduated from college with masters and other degrees but CHOUSE to through all of that away and be lazy and live off of welfare like parasites. Methamphetamine is very high there, practically every girl I have meet there has had a child at the age of 17... Like I said I can go on and on and on. This was not suppose to be an insult towards Southern culture all be it I find that these two states are an insult to southern culture and Humanity as a whole. That is what I was saying. I also said that other states I have been to, including other southern states, I enjoyed.

Also... White Wolf... Sazzy... Chill out.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Wow, are you serious? Anything else you want to point out about your wonderful England?

Oh, by the way, if I'm not mistaken, if it weren't for little old America, this site would have never been created due to the fact that the original Admins came from America??

Or, might you correct me on that too?
    If you have a problem with someone being passionate about their country then I am sorry but I am. If you want to try and patronize me, then feel free, but don't bother doing it in this thread. Yeah I said something which seems to have annoyed you, but you don't realise that I felt insulted by your comments and I was only reply to said things.

I'm British and proud of it, the fact that being a true English person means a lot of things. Like being an American means to some people. I know a fair bit about our history and that difference in lifestyles to American's. Also having been in America for three months last year. I can't ever really see myself living there peacefully because of the self security measures you have there. England's censorship is because in reality, you can't escape swear words, everyone says them when they get angry. So what is the point of trying to cover them up?
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast