View Poll Results: So, Where do you live?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • North America [including: Carib Islands, C.American countries, & Greenland]

32 68.09%
  • South America

0 0%
  • Africa

0 0%
  • Europe

3 6.38%
  • Asia

8 17.02%
  • Australia/Oceania

2 4.26%
  • Antarctica

0 0%
  • Somewhere in space

1 2.13%
  • None of the above, this is stupid.

1 2.13%
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Where do you live?

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Where do you live?

Quote Originally Posted by Priestess Angel View Post
    Well, I live in Alabama the dreaded Southeastern portion of the U.S. I do ask that you don't hold that against me. I extremely hate it when someone thinks I am an ignorant, illiterate fool just because of where I live.
    I thought that I was the only person here on AO that was from Bama'... Just recently I moved though cause I had to leave that state... I never liked it when my mother told me that we was staying when all reality we was there to visit my sick grandmother in the hospital... She had took emergency leave when she was in the military & we came to Alabama from Germany... *Thinking to myself damn I miss Germany*... N*e* ways in my 9 to 10 yrs. in Alabama I had my good & bad times, plus my mother made it clear to me that I had to make it work or I will be miserable until I graduated... I made good friends, had true love, partied like it was no ones' business, you know the usual teenager, high-schooler, becoming into a young adult phase...

Now I am not knocking Bama', but it is a state that is way behind... I mean the education, but that is due to the funding (now you have good schools there, but that is for a different part of the neighborhood- if you know what I mean)... The state had a chance to get a professional sports team, chose not to, had a chance to have the lottery *mind you to help fund education* chose not to... Some of the people answers was they "didn't want people from other states to crowd/overpopulate their state"...

Let me stop, but if it wasn't for my friends & the memories I share there... I don't even know how I would of made it... It is not an awful place, because the beauty the state has... I am currently here in Arizona where it is nothing but hella' hot & desert... Everything looks about the same... desert, desert, & more desert & add a couple of houses here, a few building there, a cactus or two, oh yea' can't forget about the sun... Damn it's HOT!!! lol ^_^ I must say the moutains are beautiful during sunset......

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I don’t know if this was directed at me or not but if it is I would like to clear up the fact that I was talking about these two states and NOT southern culture as a whole. I don’t believe I even mentioned southern culture, just the people and how they acted towards others. The majority of men there still believe that a women’s place is in the kitchen and look at them and treat them as if they are nothing more then a side of meat. Also racism is still very much alive in these two stats then any other I have been to so far. I have meet many people who have graduated from college with masters and other degrees but CHOUSE to through all of that away and be lazy and live off of welfare like parasites. Methamphetamine is very high there, practically every girl I have meet there has had a child at the age of 17... Like I said I can go on and on and on. This was not suppose to be an insult towards Southern culture all be it I find that these two states are an insult to southern culture and Humanity as a whole. That is what I was saying. I also said that other states I have been to, including other southern states, I enjoyed.
    Welcome to the REAL world... I think you was just in your comfort zone a little too much & got a dose of the other side of life...
    And no offense taken from a Southern person like myself, because north, east, west, mid-west, all have the same problem you just haven't stepped out that comfort zone & looked...

Oklahoma
    This state is where I was born, just wanted to mention that... ^_^

The heart can't lie... Truth is... I love you!!!

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inuruto View Post
    Welcome to the REAL world... I think you was just in your comfort zone a little too much & got a dose of the other side of life...
    And no offense taken from a Southern person like myself, because north, east, west, mid-west, all have the same problem you just haven't stepped out that comfort zone & looked...
    Please dont be-little me with "welcome to the REAL world" saying, its very insulting as I happen to be more "WORLDLIE" then people realize. Just to let you know, no offence taken.

Oh I knew I was taking a step out of my comfort zone and always when I am traveling and I didnt expect anything other then what was daily life of the people there and any where else I go for that matter. Its just the peoples behavure there were appaling by any standards known to man kind. I also said I enjoyed my self and took where ever I was at as it is and have fun and learn with new experiance and about the people there.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    England's censorship is because in reality, you can't escape swear words, everyone says them when they get angry. So what is the point of trying to cover them up?
    I don't know, maybe because we don't want our children to pick up on them because it isn't something you should say. It isn't "proper". And so here we want to protect the eyes and ears of those who have yet to be taught.

I thought that I was the only person here on AO that was from Bama'...
    I live in Florida. Does that count?

Also... White Wolf... Sazzy... Chill out.
    PSEUDO MODDING !

give me another infraction, i dare you.
    Last edited by The White Wolf; Aug 06, 2008 at 01:54 PM.

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

Please dont be-little me with "welcome to the REAL world" saying, its very insulting as I happen to be more "WORLDLIE" then people realize. Just to let you know, no offence taken.

Oh I knew I was taking a step out of my comfort zone and always when I am traveling and I didnt expect anything other then what was daily life of the people there and any where else I go for that matter. Its just the peoples behavure there were appaling by any standards known to man kind. I also said I enjoyed my self and took where ever I was at as it is and have fun and learn with new experiance and about the people there.
    I guess an apology is due, cause you are right... I don't know where you been, what you have seen... Something just told me you was out of your comfort zone... Where with me I know people in that type of environment & situation like that... Who honestly wants to uproot themselves from it, but can't... Not everyone was as fortunate as I was & can get themselves past their environment & community... I hang/hung with people of that nature cause they kept me true to myself & let me know "the world is out to get cha'; it is up to you to get to the world first & if you can't get to the world then just die" mentality...

I live in Florida. Does that count?
    I have my realest best friend in Orlando; he is like a brother to me... N*e*ways even though Florida is nothing like Bama' trust me, but they do connect, just like me & my brother from a different mother... I guess I can let it slide through, but it depends what part you stay in... It's a no if you live somewhere like Daytona, Miami, Orlando, Jacksonville, Tampa... Bama' doesn't even have a city who come close to any of them... If I had to say the closest one would probably be Huntsville or Tuscaloosa not even Birmingham or Montgomery matches up to any of those cities... But trust when I say all of them have their qualities...

The heart can't lie... Truth is... I love you!!!

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

But trust when I say all of them have their qualities...
    And I am most definitely one of them .

I must say the moutains are beautiful during sunset......
    I went to Utah for an audition, and the mountains over there are absolutely breathtaking! It was just too much beauty to take in during a week's time. I mean, Florida isn't exactly "hill-town" let alone mountains.

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I don’t believe I even mentioned southern culture, just the people and how they acted towards others. The majority of men there still believe that a women’s place is in the kitchen and look at them and treat them as if they are nothing more then a side of meat. Also racism is still very much alive in these two stats then any other I have been to so far. I have meet many people who have graduated from college with masters and other degrees but CHOUSE to through all of that away and be lazy and live off of welfare like parasites. Methamphetamine is very high there, practically every girl I have meet there has had a child at the age of 17... Like I said I can go on and on and on. This was not suppose to be an insult towards Southern culture all be it I find that these two states are an insult to southern culture and Humanity as a whole. That is what I was saying. I also said that other states I have been to, including other southern states, I enjoyed.
    Oh no, I wasn't directing it towards you but it is definitely a stereotype that exists out there. And I admit there are people down here that fit that stereotype to a tee.

In my experience I have met people in my life that once I told them where I was from or if I have run into someone in real life that was from the North I was immediately hit with the stereotype of "everybody who lives in the south is a red-necked fool who can't even count to 3". I wasn't posting that directly towards you and I apologize for the misunderstanding.

I thought that I was the only person here on AO that was from Bama'... Just recently I moved though cause I had to leave that state... I never liked it when my mother told me that we was staying when all reality we was there to visit my sick grandmother in the hospital... She had took emergency leave when she was in the military & we came to Alabama from Germany... *Thinking to myself damn I miss Germany*... N*e* ways in my 9 to 10 yrs. in Alabama I had my good & bad times, plus my mother made it clear to me that I had to make it work or I will be miserable until I graduated... I made good friends, had true love, partied like it was no ones' business, you know the usual teenager, high-schooler, becoming into a young adult phase...
    No, you're not the only one! I thought that, too, though. I thought I was the only one here that came from AL on this site. I guess you learn something everyday. So you came from Germany? That's cool. I have always wanted to go there. Heck, I would travel everywhere if I could. If AL can do anything to you, it will make you appreciate when you get to go to a place where things actually happen. It's like you say in a later post, there's not much in AL. If you want to go to a really, really big city you have to go out of state. The biggest cities you'll find here is Birmingham, Huntsville, or Mobile.

Let me stop, but if it wasn't for my friends & the memories I share there... I don't even know how I would of made it... It is not an awful place, because the beauty the state has... I am currently here in Arizona where it is nothing but hella' hot & desert... Everything looks about the same... desert, desert, & more desert & add a couple of houses here, a few building there, a cactus or two, oh yea' can't forget about the sun... Damn it's HOT!!! lol ^_^ I must say the moutains are beautiful during sunset......
    Yes, if AL has anything it has natural beauty. I live in a forested area near town and it is honestly one of the most beautiful places you will ever see. It's one of those places that you would imagine one of the tales from Anne of Green Gables might have took place. I also like the quiet and it's nice not to have to worry about criminal activity too much.
    Last edited by Priestess Angel; Aug 06, 2008 at 05:06 PM.

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

Well i live in the US. Yep what a shock!!!! lolz jk I live in a small town in Oklahoma. Yep nothing much happens here except tornados. But its interresting to find out where some people live. Anywho thats where i live.

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    I don't know, maybe because we don't want our children to pick up on them because it isn't something you should say. It isn't "proper". And so here we want to protect the eyes and ears of those who have yet to be taught.
    ohh, so you are saying we don't?? You watched a British programme that airs at 9pm watershed time, which is a 15. Plus its on a channel that you have to have cable, freeview etc. So you can't go and say we don't do anything to protect our child from learning such words. Another insult you've given to the British there White Wolf.

Maybe get the facts straight before making the assumption next time before you go and insult other members and get more infractions. Considering you have been banned a few times before, you do not seem to have learnt your lessons very well.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast