+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who likes models?

Otaku jazzy9513 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Who likes models?

Do you people like models? I dont Expecailly male ones. Thats just wrong and weird. I can understand if your a role model, but modeling for looks is just stupid and pointless.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jazzy9513 For This Useful Post:

kurapika (Jan 18, 2008)

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Who likes models?

Umm well i kinda do..but just for the clothes. And i dont want to be mean but this isthe wrong section. this to say hello. this should be in the cyber lounge
    Yeah, Bye.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Wrong section for this thread, please make sure you start your threads in the correct forums.

Moving to Cyber Lounge...
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Some models are downright hot. Sometimes it's hard to focus on the clothes rather than the person in them . . . but it's not like the clothes can just float down the catwalk. I mean, they look one way on the hanger and another way on an actual person.

I don't think it's good that they perpetuate the illusion that anorexia and is beautiful. The modelling world contains unrealistic standards and they confuse the young girls of today's society.

Otaku kurapika is off to a good start kurapika's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah models tend to be hot. but male modeling is disgusting.
    ANd modeling is pointless i think modeling mags are totally scamming yer money
    ohh this dress is from Insert highly espensive shop here 500$ not at all expensive.
    +plus the number of dresses people see a day of manicans you girls are bound to see something you want rather than buying mags going to a like catwalk or buying a fashion channel

great sig by Lasura thanks heaps

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

*slaps all who dislike male models*

Lee Jun Ki. And that's all I have to say to that.

Modeling isn't a pointless job.
    Modeling has a point, and it's to suck the cash out of the public, and is specifically designed to do so. It's not very pleasant sounding, but it's certainly profitable for those who benefit from it.

It's the kind of society (specifically, American society; I have no idea how's it going overseas) that causes the modeling industry to flourish and go rampant... One whose youth are desperate to "fit in" and conform. Like I said before, it's not pleasant, but you have to admit, who doesn't plant seeds in fertile land? And this country has been fertile for quite some time, and it only seems to be growing more and more fertile...

An odd thing too, because from my experience in Asian countries *ahemplentyofexperiencethankyou*, most people would rather stand out than conform to any standards; they want to go above the standards, and this is more often than not true, especially when it comes to education.

I don't like how desperate the youth of society is getting to fit in, and that they're starting to think being anorexic (usually without knowing it) is hot, but no one can really do anything about it. Even if the modeling industry just collapsed, there's still that urge to conform, and the rest of the media is still going to send fashion trends. It's a fact that once people associate certain trends with certain positives (ex. black leatherized German WWII Uniforms = power), then people will suddenly want to bear those new trends. It's just that the modeling industry is centered around these sorts of things, while the media is centered around recreational entertainment.

And for the record, I don't like watching modeling shows, go to catwalks, or anything like that. I admit the clothes are pretty stylish-looking on the models who aren't anorexic, and that those models are pretty good looking... I just acknowledge what the whole modeling industry is about.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abby724 View Post
    *slaps all who dislike male models*
    Thank you very much!

any who, as abby also said, modelling isn't pointless. It has a point, to sell, to advertise or to get a point across etc etc.

But I would also like to add that aside from selling the clothes and the vision of 'anorexic is sexy', you could also call some a form of art (for some shows) though it's more the actually dress/creation than the model, but no doubt the model is some what part of it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, last I heard some major fashion shows in Europe where requiring the models to be over a certain weight and to be able to prove that they have a healthy diet? I guess it's a start.

Otaku Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me may be famous one day Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me may be famous one day Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me's Avatar
    Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong, last I heard some major fashion shows in Europe where requiring the models to be over a certain weight and to be able to prove that they have a healthy diet? I guess it's a start.
    Yep thats right, models have to have a BMI over 18% to go down the catwalk. In Rome 15 models were banned from a fashion show there for being to skinny which shows that the new rule is working ! :] Also, theres that new rule in the UK where models cant't be under 16 to protect them from anorexia ect.

I think that modelling can actually inspire people to feel good about themselves, I mean what baout plus sized modelling ? And 'How to look good Naked?' Gok Wan has inspired lots of poeple in Britain to feel good about themselves by modelling ! Models arn't just your stereotypical skinny twig, [No offense to Twiggy] they can be normal people, and normal weights just trying to make a living by what they do best. Because it's a talent to strut down a catwalk, not anyone can have the confidence to march down there infront of nations. It's a shame that all models are tarred with the same brush, being called 'stupid and skinny' when there are a lot of models who have worked hard for their living doing what they love.

TY Sasurai for the lovely sig!*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast