+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: who is more prone to getting AIDS?

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

who is more prone to getting AIDS?

I ahve a question and I am curious, whos is more prone to getting Aids?
    I thinks homosexuals are because of anal sex and the fact that it is high risk.
    What do you think?

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: who is more prone to getting AIDS?

Well, the people who are more prone would be the people who are willing to have sex with anything that walks. The more people you have sexual contact with the more likely you could get an STD. That's why it is so important to practice abstinence because if you are willing to have sex with anyone the more likely you could get an STD. Even with protection, if you have sex with someone who has an STD you could very well get it because protection will help prevent it but it can still happen.
    Last edited by Priestess Angel; Nov 27, 2007 at 05:57 PM.

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone who is uneducated and who has unprotected sex with people whom they don't know. Actually anyone who JUST has unprotected sex period. It isn't just about what sexual partner you may chose. Anyone who has unprotected sex can get it and spread it. Even someone who is married and only cheated on time. That's all it takes!

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

From Adult Health Advisor 2002.1: AIDS: Risk Factors and Prevention of Transmission:

The following groups are at high risk for contracting HIV infection and possible development of AIDS:

* people having unprotected sex outside of a longstanding monogamous relationship
    * sexually active homosexual men
    * bisexual men and their male and female partners
    * intravenous-drug users and their sexual partners
    * people who share needles (for IV drug use, tattooing, or piercing)
    * heterosexual men and women with more than one partner
    * people with medical or surgical conditions (such as blood clotting disorders) requiring transfusions of blood or blood products
    * people who have received transfusions of blood and blood products in foreign countries where the blood is not rigorously screened
    * immigrants from areas with many cases of AIDS (such as Haiti and east central Africa)
    * people who have sex with anyone in the above groups
    * people who have sex with anyone with AIDS or HIV infection
    * people who share IV needles with anyone in the above groups
    * infants born to HIV infected mothers.
    Unprotected sex is the primary mode of transmission in developed nations like the United States, but in very poor countries, the virus is just as easily spread through contaminated blood for transfusion/blood based medicines and unsterilized surgical tools/syringes in hospitals. At this point, it's rare that anyone in the US gets HIV through a blood transfusion; the screening and testing processes and donor criteria have vastly improved since the initial outbreak of AIDS.

And just in case anyone is unclear on HIV vs. AIDS, HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) is what you actually catch, AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) is the result of HIV invading and weakening the body's immune system.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Not to mention that SEX isn't the only way you can catch AIDS. You can also get it by sharing needles when shooting drugs, tattoo parlors that don't properly clean their equipment, blood transfusions and the injection of blood products, and organ transplants ...

Edit: Foo, gren beat me to the punch...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you for the comment gren but I may need to be more elucidatory.
    I need to know if Homosexuals have a higher risk in catching the disease than heterosexuals. If I can prove this, and i am talking toa real life doctor as we type but just to clarify I want to ask the intelligent people on AO, I can go to the national science fair and speak with real life scientists in my findings, credit going to you all for any help that might have contributed of course.
    But I need to know if homosexuals are more prone in getting the disease.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

That's okay, Len, it never hurts to reinforce the facts on something like this...

Actually, I'm shocked that there's still so much misinformation flying around regarding AIDS and HIV. Obviously, the internet can't always be trusted for finding truthful information, but some of this stuff is blatantly anti-homosexual, and misleads uninformed people into thinking that homosexual sex really is the only way to contract HIV.

EDIT: @princesslady: The nature of anal sex, which can tear the lining of the rectum, is certainly one of the top ways to contract HIV if done unprotected, as it provides the virus with a way into the bloodstream. Sexually active homosexual men have traditionally been at the greatest risk for AIDS (in this country, mind you) because of this; that's been known in the medical community for some time. But this goes for ANYONE who has anal sex, gay or straight. I hope that helped.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

No, it not more common in just homosexuals. The aids growth in africa is out of control. It isn't spread through homosexuals but heterosexuals.

Dang gren! your fast on the draw there!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast