+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Why do Japan and China Hate each other?

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why do Japan and China Hate each other?

I just did some research on the "Rape of Nanjing". I guess I can't fully describe how I feel right now without the use of extreme profound words, so I'd best just say that I feel utterly disgusted.

I guess it's more of an issue concerning the older generations of the Chinese - they're the ones with all the memories. I'm half Chinese, and honestly had no idea something like this ever happened, but I do know that my grandmother and mother seem to hold grudges on the Japanese. I won't let it bother me, as it's all in the past now, but just knowing that something like this happened in the past is... sickening.

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Malaysia -> Sabah -> Kota Kinabalu -> Jalan Kepayan
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    There have been multiple incidents throughout history but the main reason of friction between the two countries today has 2 main reasons:

1) "The Nanking/Nanjing Massacre" a.k.a. "The Rape of Nanjing".

2) The way the Japanese are trying to cover up the atrocities they committed during the second world war.

Both these reasons are completely related to each other of course.
    I strongly suggest you read about these two subjects, don't just question Wikipedia but other places and books as well.

Key search terms:
    Nanjing massacre, Nanjing incident, rape Nanjing.
    Japan changing history books, Japan cover up atrocities.
    China Japan WWII

Have fun.

He's got a pont there and that's why some of the older Malysian Chinese hate Japanese. It almost like killing someone in from of thousenad of peoples and say you didn't do it in the end. . . Also they came to Malaysia and stayed for three years and eight months, AND MY GRAND GRAND GRAND MOTHER WAS KILLED BY THEM!(that's what I heard from my mother)

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    And to add another fact, many of today's Chinese generation do not hate Japanese people. I mean if it was true I wouldn't be watching anime right? Chinese people as Hassun said are more upset because they are trying to cover the fact that those things happened. In addition, the Prime Ministers are still going to a cemetary much like US's Arlington and pay respects to those soldiers.
    Thats the point! It's like praising killers!

Quote Originally Posted by Aya-kun View Post
    The R*pe of Nanking Incident - 80 000+ were killed.
    The men were forced to r*pe dead bodies, family had to perform org!es with their own family members (mother x son, father x daughter), women were gang r*pe and taken in to be s*x slaves and...
    aah~ Lots of sadistic tortures which I shouldn't mention here. (x__x)

Although the Prime Minister of Japan in 1995 apologies about this incident, China didn't accept the apology because it was a half ass apology. (T_T)

Baa.. (u_u)
    Well duh?! How would you like it if I kill the person you love the most and just say sorry?! Well, I think that's the thing that made the Chinese mad. . .

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

While Japan hasn't fully come outright about the Nanking Massacre, the Chinese government itself is partly to blame, as they have not pressed the issue, and are almost just as quiet about the event as the Japanese government. It's the same as how China 'recognizes' an event took place at Tiananmen Square, but they highly discourage any details.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
    While Japan hasn't fully come outright about the Nanking Massacre, the Chinese government itself is partly to blame, as they have not pressed the issue, and are almost just as quiet about the event as the Japanese government. It's the same as how China 'recognizes' an event took place at Tiananmen Square, but they highly discourage any details.
    I don't think they don't press the issue chubz, it got this much press attention BECAUSE the Chinese government pressed the issue. Why wouldn't they?

The massacre at the Tiananmen Square is a totally different thing. The Chinese government is covering up its own crimes for obvious reasons.

@theedge182
    I'm considering giving you a heavy infraction for that post. If you don't have anything even remotely intelligent to say then just keep your trap shut.

Otaku Fish Hunter 2 Champion, Ice Mania Champion, Pigeon Hunter Champion, Bear & Cat Champion exderz may be famous one day exderz may be famous one day exderz's Avatar
    Thanks

the chines government use to hate it but not anymore...now the world is on north Korea..now those are the bad guys. i am chines(not born there) and i don't hate japan..i love them. its just the old people are. so i say we wait they go to a long *sleep* than china would be friends with japan again

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mystical shadow angel View Post
    I just did some research on the "Rape of Nanjing". I guess I can't fully describe how I feel right now without the use of extreme profound words, so I'd best just say that I feel utterly disgusted.

I guess it's more of an issue concerning the older generations of the Chinese - they're the ones with all the memories. I'm half Chinese, and honestly had no idea something like this ever happened, but I do know that my grandmother and mother seem to hold grudges on the Japanese. I won't let it bother me, as it's all in the past now, but just knowing that something like this happened in the past is... sickening.
    It really saddens me that you said that. But I do not blame you because the truth is, if you go to school here in the US many of the history textbooks gave minimal exposure to those incidents. I admit that if I wasn't Asian I probably wouldn't have known of those astrocities. The thing is, you should let it "bother" you. China and most of other Asian countries were held back economically, because of Japan and other invasions in the past.

@Hassun: Don't be surprised, those numbers could very well be underestimates.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    @Hassun: Don't be surprised, those numbers could very well be underestimates.
    Of course. I'm just saying that the exact numbers are pretty much impossible to know.

E.g. Japanese Army's Atrocities -- Nanjing Massacre says 300,000 killed.

The number usually varies from 150,000 to 300,000.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Of course. I'm just saying that the exact numbers are pretty much impossible to know.

E.g. Japanese Army's Atrocities -- Nanjing Massacre says 300,000 killed.

The number usually varies from 150,000 to 300,000.
    Thanks for the link, I think I'll spend some time reading up on it.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast