+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: why do we date?

Newbie darkness of an angel is off to a good start darkness of an angel's Avatar
    Thanks

why do we date?

Why do we date?
    To see what kind of relationship we want for marriage?
    Okay, so then why practice short term relationships, when marriage is long term?
    So aren't we just setting ourselves up for a divorce?

tell me what you think about this.
    I'm not so sure about this myself,
    I'm so confused about this.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: why do we date?

Quote Originally Posted by darkness of an angel View Post
    Why do we date?
    To see what kind of relationship we want for marriage?
    Okay, so then why practice short term relationships, when marriage is long term?
    So aren't we just setting ourselves up for a divorce?

tell me what you think about this.
    I'm not so sure about this myself,
    I'm so confused about this.
    Yes, dating is seeing how compatible you are with someone. You practice it short-term to see how you deal with basic things together. Then you become engaged . . . marriage prep classes help you figure out how to deal with long-term things.

Otaku BAUTIFULSOUL is off to a good start BAUTIFULSOUL's Avatar
    Thanks

i think the reason we date is to help ourself for the future or something and i guess we date to find our true love or the man or woman we will marry or it could be because its what everbody does and to have young love i guess.

well thats my opinion on why we date =)

IF YOU LISTEN CLOSELY, YOU CAN HEAR MY HEART BEATING FOR YOU.
    THIS BEAUTIFUL SIG MADE BY LASURA=D

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Like Devine said you date someone to see how compatible you are with that person, to find your significant other.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

We also date, because we like the company of the opposite sex. Were social animals after all. Then like mentioned b4 we date also to try and find an significant other to be that companionship for us on a permanent basis.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

I actually don't do dating; I never did, but I do study people, temporarily from afar, and I have become very close to some of them. However, I was not looking for any sort of "romantic" relationship from any of them ~!! If at all I come to fall in love with someone, completely ascertained, considering them as the life of my life, I would continue to love that person no matter what, that is, even if it happens to be the case where I am not loved in return. And no, I won't marry any other.

That's how I have always been on this matter, stubbornly immutable; reluctant to dating.

Now.. to answer your question, I guess different people do it for different reasons. Some do it to earn experience, to find someone harmonious to their nature, or just for kicks, I suppose. But the thing is, speaking about the "compatibility" idea/reason, it's sort of weird. I find it so. I guess it's a decent weed-out mechanism.. but it clearly doesn't guarantee a sense of appreciative certainty, at least I don't think so. I have encountered some notably flawless conjugal relationships trickle to ruin in only months time. They all dated, enjoyed it, married after several years, and a couple of years later they discovered or felt that whom they once considered as the "one" wasn't exactly the "one" they were wanting to grow old with ~!!!!! I am not saying that that will always be the case for everybody, but it can happen if one doesn't understand some subtleties in the ever-so intricate idea of love. I hope the implications of that are lucid.

~!!!! Lastly, allow me to express "that" one of many things I loathe when it comes to some types of dating practices. The following is highly opinionated, so please don't take any of it to the heart, and don't argue with me, you will never be able to get to me. (^m^) I find the concept of lip kissing.. and tightly and romantically... hugging someone so freely and plainly without knowing for certain that they will marry him/her as wrong and highly disturbing! I know of a particular lady friend who has kissed all the guys she dated, like 6+ or so, so unreservedly, and just went through a recent break-up. Like oh my Divine God, that comes to me as so displeasing and extremely unpalatable.

I surely don't want a labially-tainted individual.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Think of it this way, Humans, when you get down too it, are extremely social animals.

Animals have pair-bonding rituals that have developed over thousands of years. These activities are solely to assess an individual's suitability as a spouse with the ultimate goal to procreate and further the species.

Humans are also one of the VERY few species on earth that engage in these activities solely for its entertainment value.

The term "Dating" comes from the simple fact that Two individuals have set a time and "date" to engage in a social activity.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

~!!!! Lastly, allow me to express "that" one of many things I loathe when it comes to some types of dating practices. The following is highly opinionated, so please don't take any of it to the heart, and don't argue with me, you will never be able to get to me. (^m^) I find the concept of lip kissing.. and tightly and romantically... hugging someone so freely and plainly without knowing for certain that they will marry him/her as wrong and highly disturbing! I know of a particular lady friend who has kissed all the guys she dated, like 6+ or so, so unreservedly, and just went through a recent break-up. Like oh my Divine God, that comes to me as so displeasing and extremely unpalatable.

Dam my son its like your gay, poor kedar may be single all his life. Its just lip kissing not sex, and even sex is just a natural human expression of love. Marriage isn't needed, its just a piece of paper to show proof of that love. Love doesn't need proof, to feel it in both your hearts is all that is needed.

If you don't date kedar, and do these things you'll never get to the point of marriage. Unless you family sets up some pre-arranged marriage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast