+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why Does The Army Get All The Credit

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why Does The Army Get All The Credit

I think "soldier" is just an umbrella term for the United States Armed Forces. So that would include your Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, National Guard, Coast Guard, Army, etc.

Newbie yokosama is off to a good start
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Well I was flying in to San Diego or Atlanta in route to San Diego. And Delta airlines came over the PA and gave a thanks to all America's Soldiers. America is so in love with the image of its idiotic Soldiers that committ atrocities such as My Lai and Wounded Knee that they thank them and care nothing for Marines or Sailors. Now granted we don't do the cool stuff the army does like killing eachother in mass on our bases but I know many a Sailor and Marine who has not comeback from Iraq but you rarely see as many signs of appreciation as does the beloved Soldier.

What do you guys think, do Soldiers deserve all the credit just because they are numerically superior?
    What are you saying? first the soldiers are heroes because they are in a call of duty, they dont decide who they should attack, they just do it, and do it in way that is so amazing so incredible that as humans they should get the credit, now if we talk about an ethic perspective yeah nobody should award the the people dead but their effort to acomplish a mision and return alive

Quote Originally Posted by Artistic Anarchy View Post
    Like what aceman said, you're blowing it way out of propotion. If we were without just one branch of the U.S. military we'd be damned. Don't get so worked up over it. The army may be "numerically superior" but that's just the way it is, we constantly need more and more soldiers heading to the front lines to defend the freedoms we wouldn't have otherwise, not that I advocate the way our liberty is preserved, but the fact of the matter is a soldier is someone who is engaged in military service so that means all marines, sailors, army soldiers, naval men, special ops, etc.

P.S. "Idiotic soldiers that commit atrocities" Little harsh.
    please dont talk about freedom, we have gone way too far with the WDP.
    Last edited by aceman67; Nov 25, 2009 at 01:20 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2