+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: why does it seem like all the poems that people come up with are sad/dark?

Otaku Shermanator may be famous one day Shermanator may be famous one day
    Thanks

Question why does it seem like all the poems that people come up with are sad/dark?

not really sure where this is supposed to go so i put it here. um...why do you think that many of the poems that people post here are sad/dark? i mean poems can be about happy things as well right? or are poems a better read or easier to come up with when its about despair an such?

In every world, the God’s always make the rules. You will fall before my fake rules, and for the sin of going against the new world’s God, die.

Newbie Vandread_Dita may be famous one day Vandread_Dita may be famous one day Vandread_Dita's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: why does it seem like all the poems that people come up with are sad/dark?

from an artistic perspective happyness isnt that strong of an emotion. sadness and dispair are alot deeper than happyness, and thats why there more easy to express than happyness.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

well i kind of notcied that as well. BE HAPPY!!!

I want someone to make a really good happy and joyful peom. And i think happiness is a strong emition, it could over shadow anger or despair any day

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

It's because at the time we're writing these poems we're sad and depressed and our whole world is going to crumble. How can we feel happy from feeling miserable, what's so happy about losing a loved one or breaking up or being alone.

We express these emotions through poetry. If you look at ti the world is a bleak and miserable world. Happiness is only a mask hiding the our happiness.

Anger sorrow and misery are stronger emotions and feelings than happiness. We have all felt them before and we know it all to well. And we connect with those feelings more than happiness. Happiness is only a short time.

Well that's what I think anyways.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Descended From Darkness View Post
    It's because at the time we're writing these poems we're sad and depressed and our whole world is going to crumble. How can we feel happy from feeling miserable, what's so happy about losing a loved one or breaking up or being alone.

We express these emotions through poetry. If you look at ti the world is a bleak and miserable world. Happiness is only a mask hiding the our happiness.

Anger sorrow and misery are stronger emotions and feelings than happiness. We have all felt them before and we know it all to well. And we connect with those feelings more than happiness. Happiness is only a short time.

Well that's what I think anyways.
    Well I still believe that happiness over shadows sorrow. Just like good over shadows evil, it has the same princible.The world is not a miserable place, only those who choose not to look on the bright side of things are the ones who are not happy

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Here:

I'll break it down to you as simple as i can.

Everyone on this site is emo and wants to cut their wrist.
    So they write about it, and poison others' minds, so they can go be emo and want to cut their wrists.

Okay, so that isn't really what I wanted to say.

The thing is, Mr. Shermanator, many who write poetry usually have a darker side to them. Not all, but most. And so they write about it. Their emotions. Sadness, hatred, mysterious topics.. it's just easier to express than happiness and excitement. Every now and then you'll find one who usually writes dark poetry will actually come up with a lighter one. That's because they either get tired of writing so much dark material, or just that they need a break. OR it could be that they want to show others another side of them.

Basically, it's just easier to express. It isn't like everyone wants to die, and this is an omen for the entire world.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Here:

I'll break it down to you as simple as i can.

Everyone on this site is emo and wants to cut their wrist.
    So they write about it, and poison others' minds, so they can go be emo and want to cut their wrists.

Okay, so that isn't really what I wanted to say.

The thing is, Mr. Shermanator, many who write poetry usually have a darker side to them. Not all, but most. And so they write about it. Their emotions. Sadness, hatred, mysterious topics.. it's just easier to express than happiness and excitement. Every now and then you'll find one who usually writes dark poetry will actually come up with a lighter one. That's because they either get tired of writing so much dark material, or just that they need a break. OR it could be that they want to show others another side of them.

Basically, it's just easier to express. It isn't like everyone wants to die, and this is an omen for the entire world.

exactly i mean if people were to do poems about happiness they would
    get something like this

As the sun comes up over hill green with lush grass
    two lovers make there way to that spot that's most
    rejoiceful they smile and laugh with love as there intent,
    they let there lips meet as there hands enjoy the feel
    of each others touch.

The sun starts to fade as the lover begin there
    exploration of the desire they both need as there craving
    is fulfilled as they quench that lust of wanting .

that was short since this is a post about why
    people dont post happy poems and such its because
    there really isnt that much that can be done with it
    so they go to what is easier like death decay dieing
    its all just easier to think of than sitting there racking
    your head over a happy poem.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

There is poetry on AO?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast