+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: why does it seem like all the poems that people come up with are sad/dark?

Otaku Silvertoekee may be famous one day Silvertoekee may be famous one day Silvertoekee's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: why does it seem like all the poems that people come up with are sad/dark?

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    There is poetry on AO?
    Hm i was actually wondering that myself lol!

Actually I write depressing and sad poetry all the time and its usually when I am in a good mood, which is almost 99.9% of the time. It has nothing to do with the state of the environment or whats going on in the world. And I rarely ever write anything when I am depressed hehe.

Happy:
    The sunshine glows brillantly in the sky
    warming everything with its warm beams of light

Sad
    Sadness coats my soul like an oozing sludge
    Slowing destroying all the joy in my life

Ah poetry gotta love it

「Someone」 Goo Slasher Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Rapid Motion Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion, Flower Girl Champion KuwiRules145 is off to a good start KuwiRules145's Avatar
    Thanks

Not everyones like that I mean I'm trying to stay happy as possible so yeah you can't blame me. And most of my poems are usually happy but a bit sad as well so yeah. So Everyone smile to all and please stay happy as well!
    「When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead」

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    There is poetry on AO?
    lol maybe there is but if not theres alot of
    people that post there thought hmm maybe
    its more journal than poetry maybe? but
    no one wants to admit it lol
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Of course there's poetry here. People write about what they feel. In my case I write a lot of love poems and when I started writing here thats all I saw. Some people may be in a creative rut and the darkness is what they are embracing right now. But not all the peoms are dark and/ or sad. Some are funny or down right mushy. Just look a little harder and you'll see those too.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

It is a lot easier to write about sad/dark poetry than it is to write happy/enlightened ones.

Since death, hate, and evil sells, happy-go-lucky is insignificant in comparison. It is not a matter of simply being reminded each and every day, it is about engulfing almost every single aspect of life.

It is all good and such for dark/sad/depression, but where is the originality? It boggles my mind how some people can read the same material over and over and over. Life is about multiple experience and emotions, chillin with one is boring in my opinion. Sad/depressing 24/7 just strikes me as lazy and unimaginative.

Otaku Shermanator may be famous one day Shermanator may be famous one day
    Thanks

i could understand people feelin like crap and wanting to express it but you dont feel like that forever...there has to be a moment when you just say hey this is a happy moment let me express it...basically you're saying that its easier to write about sadness so when happiness comes you ignore it? i kow it seems hard but i bet if they tried they could do it.

In every world, the God’s always make the rules. You will fall before my fake rules, and for the sin of going against the new world’s God, die.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Emotion poems? Well...

It's kinda' hard to write happy poems... and if it's a good one, it becomes a song. Because happiness feels more like a song than it is an expression of feeling put on paper.

...well, there's funny poems, but most people ignore those and take 'em like knock-knock jokes.

So other than that, I believe sadness and anger are best fit for the poems.
    It's rather easy to express your pain in words. Even saying "I cannot express this pain in words" just described how you feel.

There are romantic poems, but that's to "woo" the person...
    Or to let out the repressed feelings of love when you can't let them out in-person.

Besides, most people who write romantic poetry don't get with the girl they want... so it often turns sad.

After a year with 'em, you'd rather shower them with life rather than a bunch of paper... But it's not like you can't write 'em anymore. I'll write 'em when I feel like it. But I don't hand 'em to her anymore, I just say it to her on the phone... as a different way of saying "I love you"...

<_< That and I tend to lose ANY paper... so it just gets lost forever... so... I better just say it over the phone before I lose it... ^_^;;

Newbie renjiabarai1335 is off to a good start renjiabarai1335's Avatar
    Thanks

because most sad or dark poems are written by goths and goths live in the dark of the world i know because i am one

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast