+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: why does it seem like all the poems that people come up with are sad/dark?

Otaku sachiko ueto may be famous one day sachiko ueto may be famous one day sachiko ueto's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: why does it seem like all the poems that people come up with are sad/dark?

i noticed that,too. i am part of the school publication and i noticed that almost all poems submitted by our schoolmates were about dark stuff or heartbreak.

i agree that somber emotions are easier to express, for most people, that is. sometimes, when you're happy, well, you're just happy, and you don't have things bugging you all the time. as for loneliness (and other related emotions), you feel as though you want to release all the things that are occupying your mind, and you put them down on paper. or maybe you write just to take away the numbness.

besides, in a writer's point of view, dark emotions have a bigger impact than light ones, much like darkness is more appealing than light.

They say you can't use oversized signatures here on AO.

Newbie picoboca is off to a good start
    Thanks

not all poems are sad...there are lot of poems were writers write how one look into the sky make his/her day happy...and when he/she put that on papir (i know it sounds stupid)...it's very nice
    when i write poem it's usually about somenone beeing heartbroken...and i don't know why...it's not that i have been heartbroken...it's just thing anyone can feel...and it can sound very nice...and it calms me if i am mad...which is very rear

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Well to put it in real words is, the reason most of the people put dark/sad poems is because they want to show what they feel inside themselves and most of the time they show it is because what may represent them and some of my poems may be happy and adventurous, but behind them it shows the darkness inside them there is always a dark side between poems and real personalities sometimes we cannot show them because we may think all of you can get worry about it so this is what i truly believe in and most importantly it is alrite to be in that type of situation.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally I like all kinds of poetry. I do not care for poetry that is like "rip out my soul, drink my blood, slitting my wrists wah wah wah" I am sorry...that stuff is not poetry at all. It is crap in my opinion. I do like dark poetry and sad poetry but that other stuff doesn't count in my book.
    Dear Dinah...

Otaku urlovelyassassin is off to a good start
    in the devil's arms and the angel's heart
    Thanks

i think its because people find it harder to put happy into words

Sometimes I still dream of you, even though you were so cold
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=27434950

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

im not goth or even a person who likes
    happpy things what i write is more about
    real life like a few of my poems most have liked.

i mean when writing about life there isnt any real
    hapiness unless someone puts it there and im not
    abput to change things just because i want a better
    poem , i would rather write about life as it is which
    not rainbows or chirping birds thats stuff is a pack
    of lies .
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shermanator View Post
    not really sure where this is supposed to go so i put it here. um...why do you think that many of the poems that people post here are sad/dark? i mean poems can be about happy things as well right? or are poems a better read or easier to come up with when its about despair an such?
    U know it wasnt too long ago when i was asking myself that same question about these poems people on the site type about, its like everyones life is a living hell or sumthing

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    U know it wasnt too long ago when i was asking myself that same question about these poems people on the site type about, its like everyones life is a living hell or sumthing
    thats becuase its about life in genaral who wants tohear a lie that somoen thingks is real? i mean what i write isnt happy but it isnt emo either its real life and you cant base poems of something that isnt real.

well you can but it isnt as good
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast