+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: why does it seem like all the poems that people come up with are sad/dark?

Newbie rukiasoulreaper is off to a good start rukiasoulreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: why does it seem like all the poems that people come up with are sad/dark?

i think that poems that r sad/dark r appeal more to us than happiness because we either: a) watch 2 many emo-shows, b) feel that happiness is something from childhood, c) just like sad/dark, d) sad/dark stuff sells more than happy stuff (all stories have a sad/dark arc in them, at least)

Otaku urlovelyassassin is off to a good start
    in the devil's arms and the angel's heart
    Thanks

also, there are so many different words for sadness and darkness not like happiness where you have like sunshine or something gay sounding XD

*i do not mean to offend when i say gay like that. I love gay people and i am bi myself lol

Sometimes I still dream of you, even though you were so cold
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=27434950

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know about anyone else, but when I write poetry, I use it as a way to cope. Whether it be sad, angry, happy, romantic, or funny. I use poetry to express whatever I am feeling at the time.

I started writing poetry as a means to deal with a lot of terrible things in my life. So yes, a lot of my work is a little sad. There was a period of about 3 years where I wrote some really emotional stuff.

But I also have pieces that are hopeful, and many that are happy too. I have a lot of prose, where I tell a story. I have pieces that talk about life and social issues. I also have quite a few that were inspired by other artists.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

all *bi* myself lol that would make a
    greta theme for a poem lol anyway though
    poems that generate happiness are the ones
    that arnt happy at all.

i mean if you think about it when you read a sad
    poem it makes you look at your life , situation or
    what ever it is you think is bad and smile because
    your not as badly off as the one who has written a sad or dark
    poem.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, in my case scenarion, a whole bunch of "sad/dark" stuff happens in my life. not only that, but it's also easy to write about. I've been doing for so long that it's a force of habit and near impossible to write a "happy" poem.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku Pogo Panic Champion North Dakota may be famous one day North Dakota may be famous one day North Dakota's Avatar
    Thanks

I find that most people who wright poems are almost always sad or depressed but some times its on sad and depressed one time deal with people. Eather way, you can find some happy poems out their. even if most are sad. well thats my thought on the subject

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

I am only going to speak for my case... I write what I feel or been through or see others going through... Yea' I had good/happy times, but most times the bad/sad out weighs them probably cause they hurt more... They leave a cut that slowly heals... Your thoughts become more vivid, you tend to think & reflect why/how that certain situation happened... Your emotions take over (sad, lonliness, depression, scared, mad...) & you just want to write to make you feel better or at least release some positive/negative energy...

"And happiness is a strong emotion it is just that you haven't found it yet... When you do nothing else will matter..."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4