Closed Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: why hate emos?

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: why hate emos?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    » Blog Archive » Emo Crayons Emo Crayons.

So even for those of you whole knows the "true" definition of emo, you have to admit it has evolved or changed.
    Yes, the whole "true definition" of Emo, Emonism, Emonites, Emaphrodites, lay with some of the AO members. We don't deny that fact and we reckognize the existence.

I don't know if you were fans or think that 'Emo' was some god stock in music, but change has come about. I hate to actually say this, but the "Evolved" version of Emo today, is quite different from the version of the past.

Just think of how those true fans felt when they went to myspace and saw 14-17 yr old boys/girls dressed in black and covered with makeup, with lisps on their lips, crying into their diaries and sucking face with the nearest boy on the couch.

We could all bring up the definition and try to make some irrelevant point or what not, but I care to see the truth, beside those mid-80's fans of Emo. It is their loss; I could almost feel sorry for them, knowing that their once brand of music has "evolved/changed" into what it is, and how today's fan became the poster child for "Out" magazine.

How the world spins and spins

"I rather be hated for who I am, than to be loved for who I am not"
    ~Choose

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

The only thing I have to say about "emo" is that I missed it's popping up in forums as I was inactive then. But when I "popped" back, poetry had been temporarily banned (on another forum if I remember well) and I was suddenly emo because I wrote poetry.....I was shocked by this and tried to get the poetry section back as it was my main posting area back then...yeah, I lurked a lot a while back.

Finally, things seemed to balance out and some accepted the fact that some were flaming each other because of different opinions and ideals, which frankly always existed in the past, present and definately in the future. It's like when Darwin said we evolved from monkeys, there was a huge wave about, then it settled down. I think it's happening with the "emo" affect right about now, or it already passed as music today has adapted to an emo style, at least I have heard a few branding some songs as such.

The only reason I posted here was because I was called EMO once, because of poetry. This form of expression has always existed, thus emo comes from many genres and places from around the world. I fully accept it as something that intrigues my mind as I'm a very curious person, but if someone brands me something that I am not, that I don't like.

All in all, emo's for me are like gothics, punks, rappers, rockers, etc.....so yay for diversity, but a balance/limit/control should always exist to keep things from going into extremes. Anything can go wrong when one or many exagerate things, that's why there are rules and that's why humans that live together try to get along. They "TRY" to get along.

*Goes off to watch more NANA, then Fruits Basket, then Black Lagoon, then Harry Potter, than maybe "Ange ou Démon" by Dan Brown, and then something else*
    Last edited by Legend; Jun 22, 2007 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Helped with spelling. Rappers not rapers :laugh:
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Newbie [Pandora's_Box] may be famous one day [Pandora's_Box] may be famous one day [Pandora's_Box]'s Avatar
    Thanks

Personally, I don't hate emos.I just don't care much at all for their presence.The reason why is, most(not all) of the time, they complain about a problem with an obvious answer.All they really need to do is sit down and think about the problem, maybe 5 minutes of their life to fix what's been ailing them.I used to be emo, but I did exactly the advice I just gave, I sat down, and thought about the problem, thought about my options, and took the option that got me out of the nightmare.I have friends that are emo, I try to "brighten" their lives a little.It doesn't have to be with humor, but more with good company.I do acknowledge the fact that some people might not have any good options, I however have yet to meet one of those people.
    "Let fall the weak, and build to the strong."

Newbie Captain Geusak may be famous one day Captain Geusak may be famous one day
    Thanks

I don't really think it's fair that people catergorize other people like that. People should feel free to act or be how they like to be(as long as it dosen't break the law or anything). I hear the word emo at my school all the time and it's really annoying. I can only imagine how the future will end up like if this continues.

Otaku Brent-Enix is off to a good start Brent-Enix's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought emo was a genre of music? 0.o Most people hate emo maybe because emo music usually refers to sad/bad things in life, and music like that is kinda degrading to hear.

mmhmm.

Otaku Just Pitching Champion, Mile High Club Champion, Penguin Dive Champion, Gold Strike Champion Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [Pandora's_Box] View Post
    Personally, I don't hate emos.I just don't care much at all for their presence.The reason why is, most(not all) of the time, they complain about a problem with an obvious answer. All they really need to do is sit down and think about the problem, maybe 5 minutes of their life to fix what's been ailing them. I used to be emo, but I did exactly the advice I just gave, I sat down, and thought about the problem, thought about my options, and took the option that got me out of the nightmare. I have friends that are emo, I try to "brighten" their lives a little.It doesn't have to be with humor, but more with good company.I do acknowledge the fact that some people might not have any good options, I however have yet to meet one of those people.
    Many of my friends are "emo," which I still think of music when i hear it, and don't think things through. It's the end of the world when something bad happens. That's the only problem I have. It's the end of the world if things don't go their way. I'm not like that, though i do things that earned me the title of emo. But things happen and it's not the end of the world. One will get over it eventually so why make such a huge deal... By the way, I don't hate emos, and I didn't think that there were that many people that didn't. ^_^

Come dance in the rain with me, no one is watching.

Otaku urlovelyassassin is off to a good start
    in the devil's arms and the angel's heart
    Thanks

well what is emo exactly?

people have different views on them and thus have their own opinions and what they think emos are

i dont hate emos i just hate kids that hurt themselves and make up problems and lie about their whole lives and make it seem terrible

which from what i understand is what a lot of people think emos are

Sometimes I still dream of you, even though you were so cold
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=27434950

Otaku AuraTwilight is off to a good start
    Thanks

I like emos...i have alot of friends that are emo....I mean some of the hottest guys out there are emo...there actually really nice people when you get to know them...well some are...but here is a question..Are gothics and emos the same type of people?....
    ~This felling, what is it..is this love?~

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast