+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why are most Anime fans such stereotypes?

Banned ride them Jesus is off to a good start
    Thanks

Why are most Anime fans such stereotypes?

They always fill this criteria. I love Anime but it ends there.

* Love Anime
    * Love Japanese culture
    * Love Japanese music
    * Keeps trying to learn as much Japanese as he/she can
    * Want or have lived in Japan for some time
    * Think that Japanese are the most beautiful people on Earth.

Why do most Anime fan's fill this criteria?

Another large group is that they like to dress "different" or "unique". This means dressing up as Emo/ or maybe Japanese Lolita.

why?
    Last edited by ride them Jesus; Jan 30, 2008 at 08:26 PM. Reason: spelling

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ride them Jesus For This Useful Post:

blackrose92 (Jan 30, 2008)

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Why are most Anime fans such stereotypes?

Quote Originally Posted by ride them Jesus View Post
    They always fill this criteria. I love Anime but it ends there.

* Love Anime
    * Love Japanese culture
    * Love Japanese music
    * Keeps trying to learn as much Japanese as he/she can
    * Want or have lived in Japan for some time
    * Thing that Japanese are the most beautiful people on Earth.

Why do most Anime fan's fill this criteria?

Another large group is that they like to dress "different" or "unique". This means dressing up as Emo/ or maybe Japanese Lolita.

why?
    And what proof do you have that what you just said is the truth?

Banned ride them Jesus is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Hi my name is Jessica, and I'm a western girl. I dress uniquely. And by that I mean that I look like only 10% of all young people. I also try to dress like a Japanese styled Lolita. But I'm unaware that I look ridiculous outside of Japan.

I love Anime, and I love Japanese music. My favorite Japanese singers are xxxxx and xxx xxxxx.

I want a Japanese partner, I might find one when I go to Japan one day!

Sayonara!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ride them Jesus For This Useful Post:

Otaku Robo Soccer Champion, Gorillaz Groove Session Champion blackrose92 is off to a good start blackrose92's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    well it kinda is true when you think about
    but i dont like anime that much that would be more like an...obsession for lack of a better word
    I'm the best you'll ever have because i am that f*ing AMA-zing chic who can stand on her own d*n feet and becasue of you I am the Greatest Thank you so much SasuraiHell and Gwen

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, let’s see. When someone learns of anime sooner or later they are going to learn that anime originates from Japan. This usually sparks interest in the Japanese culture. Many like to try to understand the Japanese culture better so that they can understand anime better. Not to mention that some people like learning about other cultures. Anyway, as a result, many anime fans come to love the Japanese culture.

If you watch anime, you are definitely going to run into your share of Japanese music. A lot of the music is good so it’s understandable if an anime fan also becomes a Japanese music fan.

Why do many anime fans want to learn the Japanese language? Easy. Many fans prefer subtitled anime rather than dubbed. This usually encourages the fan to learn the language. The urge to learn the language is also sprouted from the interest in the culture. And it’s just cool to try and learn a different language.

Many anime fans want to go to Japan because this is the country that has created one of the things that we love most dearly. This urge is also born of the interest in the culture. What better way to learn about the culture then visiting the place?

But anyway not all anime fans fit all the criteria you just mentioned. Some of the ones you did mention is a very concentrated group of anime fans not the whole fan base so saying that all of them are is simply not true.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Priestess Angel For This Useful Post:

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

The reason a lot of anime fans probably fall into some of those criteria is because a lot of them are connected.

E.g. Someone who's interested in cars will probably also be interested in engines, fuel, racing etc. There is nothing weird about that.

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

As Hassun has stated above, if someone likes cars, they might like engines. But still, not all people who like anime fit into your stereotypes... Heck, you've even stated yourself that it's a stereotype, not the actual thing. Well, onto more of my reply...

I like Japanese culture because I've always been the kind of person who's always been interested in world culture. African, Hawaiian, Indian, you name it. I don't like all Japanese music; not all music is good, you know. But yes, I do like it, but not to mention French rock, Hindi Pop, stuff by Supertramp, et cetera. As for wanting to live in Japan... Yes, I actually do... Especially since the price of good living conditions is increasing where I currently live, and that none of my most vexing relatives have no hope of ever being able to fly to Japan and ever find me.

I do not think that the Japanese are the most beautiful people on Earth... Italians are the sexiest, duh. Mary Albright reference, cough cough... But on a serious note, I don't think that there is one race that is the most attractive above the others. But the Japanese are way ahead in terms of technology and the numbers of skeevy females. :laughs:

Where the heck did you get the idea that most anime fans like dressing up in Goth lolita or "Emo" fashions? If you're talking about cosplay, it's only an occasional past-time at an anime con... I have yet to hear of a large majority of anime fans going around everyday wearing the clothes that identify the subcultures you speak of.

You know, not all anime fans are as obsessed with Japan as you think; the otaku/Japanophile subculture isn't as major in the fanbase as you think it is.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Why are you so insecure?

Finding fault with others is generally a sign of lack of confidence in oneself.

People are who they are. Insulting them will get you nowhere.

If you can attempt a slightly less meanspirited approach: maybe you'll have a chance to make yourself known for who you are: rather than ranting about who you think everyone else is.
    Last edited by tsurara; Jan 31, 2008 at 05:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast