+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why are most Anime fans such stereotypes?

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why are most Anime fans such stereotypes?

Well, when you love something Japanese you sooner or later start liking everything Japanese I guess. Well that's how it is for me. This is because Japanese culture is so much different from any other. It atracts people. Maybe because of all the traditions, they are still very strong, comparing to any other culture I know, people are giving up on traditions, but it seems they still need them, just they are looking for cool ones and I guess Japanese is the best variant nowadays.

Well but of course it can't be the same for all people, everyone is different in some way. Some might like anime just because it's cool, not because it's different. It depends on what each person is searching for. I find cool in anime, but, at the same time, I've always tried to be different, always loved what is different...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

Cultures, to me japanese culture is very interesting to learn with... i know that i know little about it... but it seems by watching anime i have learnt a lot.. i think i fill a few criteria up there..

I do love anime... it's the best entertainment method to me the ideas and the moral values instilled in it is very good to make example to follow with.. most of them of course... ^^

I love japanese music as well... too bad... i don't know much on them.. i only took the songs i like from animes now my pc got reprogrammed... i lost all the songs i downloaded.. such a shame.. all my poems and my japanese song collection... now trying to recollect em again... all over 300 songs... oh well.. ^^

I would like to visit Japan someday... yea... tour.. holiday... what not.. it is one of the best place to be in a holiday with but the prices for everything there is so high.. i might only get to be there for less than a week.. or i'll die of starvation

and love japanese people... o.O hmm.. i am not sure about that.. but i would love to befriend some of them~! glad i meet one or 2 in this site..

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    And what proof do you have that what you just said is the truth?
    Good question! I would also like to know what tangible evidence you have to back this statement up. Yeah, I love anime, want to go to Japan, speak a bit of the language and I even have a weakness for Asian girls; but those all came from different experiences and influences. Not just anime. I've always been interested in asian culture, I've always dressed differently and I've always wanted to learn a new language. So, just because I do all those things, I have to classify all those hobbies/goals in to one genre of animation??? That's absurd!

Did you ever stop to think that maybe--just MAYBE--people such as myself, or anyone else for that matter, just happened to stumble across most of the things you listed. I mean, not everybody immediately realizes that they want to learn Japanese when they first start watching anime. Hell, not everybody chooses to dress differently from watching anime either. In fact, I've never known a single person who just woke up and said, "I think I'll dress Emo, because anime made me do it." Not one soul...

If you like anime, leave it at that. You don't have to say that anime is the sole reason people are much different than you are.

Newbie mesmerized is off to a good start mesmerized's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=ride them Jesus;577714]They always fill this criteria. I love Anime but it ends there.

* Love Anime CHECK
    * Love Japanese culture CHECK
    * Love Japanese music (not in general.)
    * Keeps trying to learn as much Japanese as he/she can (not really.)
    * Want or have lived in Japan for some time (visit maybe, not live)
    * Think that Japanese are the most beautiful people on Earth. (uhh...)
    [QUOTE]

You're not describing an anime lover. You're describing people who just love Japan and its culture all together. Kinda sounds like my boyfriend, I call him a a "Japedifile" lol.

[current]

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

well for me i just like to be different and thats like what japen is. DIfferent!
    and i love it. I dont like to be like everyone else. I try to be different.
    And i dont know if everyone is like that that likes anime but i do know quite a few people who are like that. I think it just comes with with the fact that anime originates in japan. That could be it. XD

and i cant help it that Gakt is like sooooo HOT!!
    he has pretty eyes and nice abs. XD so hot.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Otaku Saionji is off to a good start
    Thanks

I would just like to note, that most people watch anime due to boredom, although i'm just guessing here. But someone people just like to watch anime, simply because it is indeed, awesome. I'm not really sure why you made this post, do you not like anime....or what's the deal buddy.

Otaku AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek's Avatar
    Thanks

And what's wrong with liking another culture? there are a ton of ppl who enjoy different cultures~ some people like chinese, english, russian etc. culture. I like the Chinese culture and the japanese culture a lot. I sparks my interest, not cuz i like anime, i've liked the japanese culture before i really knew what anime was. I started taking japanese before getting really into anime.
    ~And for lolita~maybe cuz it's hott??? I luv the whole gothic lolita, cute lolita style (not that i dress up like it) But it's hott~
    ~japanese the most prettiest ppl on earth....???o_O umm.... no, i don't think they are the prettiest on the earth, there are plenty of other pplz that are pretty (don't get me wrong japanese are pretty, but come on you can't forget the koreans! XD)
    ~Japanese music... well i love it cuz the japanese know how to rock! i don't like american rock it's never interested me that much,,, japanese rock=true rock

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Well... this is not completelly true, yes there are many people as you decribe here... however there are a lot more that do not fit the description. it is -for me- kind of non-sense to generalize the whole just by the views of some.
    Plus... what is wrong in wanting to expand our knowledge about other cultures?
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast