+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: The World Ending

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The World Ending

^ basically everything I wanted to say, but did have the time or where to start explaining lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    gwenibe... try reading what has been said by science instead of just repeating yourself. Saying it twice doesn't make you any more convincing. In order to prove your point you need to explain exactly what global warming is and how it works as compared with ozone since ozone does actually block rays which would otherwise heat the earth once they reached it. Perhaps a comparison with Venus?
    lmao!!

sorry guys, That's not what I meant by that it doesn't "block anything" lol
    Yes, the ozone layer does block radiation, But I think what I was getting at that it isn't the ozone layer that traps the heat in, it's mainly because of enhanced global warming

Global warming
    Take a skim at that, I have a really simplified version of it in one of my text books so as soon as I find that I'll scan it in.

lol I'll explain things better, my brains fried at the moment, to many science exams!

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

i didn't say the ozone layer trapped heat in. but whithout it you still have the problem of more radiation in the form of heat, couple that with wind patterns that blow most of the greenhouse gasses your way and you have a drought.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Otaku Dark wolf may be famous one day Dark wolf may be famous one day Dark wolf's Avatar
    got stuck in a middle of a forest and stayed
    Thanks

world ending is like killing yourselves, and hurting innocents, no body cares for the environment anymore, look out in the street and see trash flying around and hunting putting more than 100 deers down in one week, times like this needs to keep the bad stuff out, such as alcohal, drugs, and illegal stuff, thats one thing about the world being at an end
    /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/com.apple.PhotoBooth-T0x307f90.tmp.nUlCWX/Photo 4.jpghttp://img379.imageshack.us/img379/232/noobclanks5.gif

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
    The way humanity is going right now, it is not sustainable. We're having surplus births, and not enough deaths to equal it out. That means more competition for food, while at the same time more land being developed to house people...which in turn means less farm land to grow food....
    So......generally....we're screwed. No matter which way you look at it, whether optimistic or pessimistic, the earth cannot sustain itself at the current rate we are trying to take it.
    I'm afraid your information is about 20 years out of date.

The population is leveling out. The only places it is still increasing is in 3rd world countries. Any growth in post-industrial countries is from immigrants from the others. If it wasn't for them the world polulace would actually be in negitive growth. A direct link has been tied to technology so as each country moves into post industrial technolgy status the world populace will level out to where it no longer grows.

Estimates on how much land is required to support a populace have also been found to be extreamly inaccurate and as such there will be no problem feeding the projected populace. As technology increases the ability to feed a larger and larger polulace on a smaller and smaller land resource will more then compensate since we are actually no where near maxing out the capacity currently.

Likewise it is shown that post-industrial waste is significantly less then even pre-industrial countries. As the world grows in technology alot of pollutions will correct themselves and the world will be "cleaner" then ever before.

If we are, as you put it, screwed it is because we will do it to ourselves through war and political manuverings. Face it, we are insignificant fleas on the face of the planet. We would really have to work at it to kill ourselves with the enviroment. Killing each other however... we have proven to be very good at that.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie SNo0GaNs may be famous one day SNo0GaNs may be famous one day SNo0GaNs's Avatar
    Thanks

bah, Marijuana is a fine drug in my opinion as is alcohol in moderation ofcourse, and about the world ending...well its either gonna be war or disease that gets us...and who knows, i know most of the southern hemisphere isnt monitored (space i mean) we could be wiped out by some asteroid for all we know, but to combat the end of the world we probably should stop waring all the bloody time and invest more money into research to combat disease and famine and all that other stuff people hate to talk about as its not really a money maker.
    Thats my 2 cents :P

Newbie angel of shadowed secrets may be famous one day angel of shadowed secrets may be famous one day angel of shadowed secrets's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Do you think that the world will ever end? When, how, why, just keep it around the topic ^_^

I think the world will end in this generation or close, so much has been happening I wonder if we will get into a WW3 and destroy our own selves that kind of scares me.
    no kidding it is kinda kreepy.... i hope its an all out armagedon if it happens. at least then there would be some thing semi cool to remember the last day of humanity as... idk... maybe its just my sick little way of amusing myself.... this weekend was soooooooo boring that i think i had an out of body expierience..... or maybe i just fell asleep??????

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

You guys like to talk about the Ozone alot what about other ways of dieing besides the Earth being fried up... ;/

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

-=Tumble_Dry=-

Ever thought the earth was a big game show for aliens? I have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast