+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15

Thread: The World Ending

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The World Ending

what like Big O? lol, if we are nothing but mere creations of aliens then why are they letting us have so much freedom? i think that if the earth isn't gonna be fired (revelation doomsday), then we are just gonna blow it up.

one day one of these terrorists is gonna finnaly get a nuke and shove it up our asses, so we are gonna retaliate and of course we'd use nukes back. that starts a cycle until nuclear waste kills us all.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

lol maybe they just like watching us slowly destroy ourselves.
    Or that we are just the bacteria living on some...other human earth lol
    it gets confusing if you look at it that way..

-=Tumble_Dry=-

I think for now ignorance is bliss, now Id rather not think too much about this and just worry about getting into a good college.

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Estimates on how much land is required to support a populace have also been found to be extreamly inaccurate and as such there will be no problem feeding the projected populace. As technology increases the ability to feed a larger and larger polulace on a smaller and smaller land resource will more then compensate since we are actually no where near maxing out the capacity currently.
    China is currently having to deal with this problem right now, and it's not dealing with it very well. Much of the farm land is being turned into residential and commercial lands to house population and such, but it is slowly running out of supplies to feed itself.

Here's an article by Gwynne Dyer (one of my favourite writers), which talks about the food supply and possible shortage. I highly recommend you reading it (no need to agree with it though, but I found it quite an interesting read). I would copy and post bits of information from it, but it's better to read the whole article, so here's a link to it:

Feeding The World

the world populace will level out to where it no longer grows.
    But average life span of a person is continually growing, and due to technological changes and science, we're trying to stop sicknesses that would otherwise devistate a population. Every couple of centuries, the earth has had some large disease which has wiped out a decent chunk of population. You had the black death several times over....small pox....and then the flu back in 1918. Now there's the avian bird flu over in Asia (which, while I do think it is being played up in the media) it's showing that a population has reached unhealthy limits. The reason diseases are able to spread is because of encreased population, which allows for epidemics to become pandemics (the black plague I believe originally came from asia...followed trade routes to italy, and then up through Europe and to Britain). But diseases and sicknesses are now being quelled by modern medicine (however, we're now getting 'superbugs' resistant to anti-biotics and whatnot).

I guess I'm posing this as a rhetoricle question for population growth......I'll look up some statistics on global population..because that perplexes me. I would have thought population would be on a steep incline.

*EDIT* I did a quick search, and found a site that supports what you say. Population Growth. The site uses statistics from U.N. Reports to hash out it's argument.

Killing each other however... we have proven to be very good at that.
    hehe....yeah, that's true.

Oh....I meant screwed, as in either way humanity at some point will end. We can't really blame global warming on ourselves, because it is a given. Even if we hadn't developed technology and become industrialized, the earth still would go through some period of global warming/or cooling. It's just a natural event.....the ice age didn't happen simply because animals were breathing too much. It just happened because that's how nature goes. It's a cycle.....BUT, I believe we have sped the process up.

Face it, we are insignificant fleas on the face of the planet. We would really have to work at it to kill ourselves with the enviroment.
    I agree....even if there was a nuclear holocaust which destroyed all humanity, it wouldn't destroy the world. SOMETHING would live (in Bikini Atoll (sic?) cockroaches managed to survive the numerous atomic bombs that were detonated there). Or wait.....do you mean kill ourselves with the environment, or with as in "as well as" the environment?
    Last edited by Chubz; Nov 06, 2006 at 08:53 PM.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
    China is currently having to deal with this problem right now, and it's not dealing with it very well. Much of the farm land is being turned into residential and commercial lands to house population and such, but it is slowly running out of supplies to feed itself.
    Whenever you look at a country having trouble feeding it's populace you have to look at the political structure. It is actually common for governments like China to have "trouble" feeding it's populace. They induce such shortages on purpose as a type of control over it's citizens. It is the same with most famines these days as well. The governments involve refuse storage of food and then refuse to allow other countries to feed their citizens without their direct control over amounts and distribution. Crowd control.

I'll see if I can find the population growth chart for you.

PS. I mean kill ourselves using the environment. I agree though, something would survive.

Edit: Ok, I found some stuff for you. It's not the one I wanted but I need to go.
    Here is a US growth chart. Notice the difference in where the growth is comming from.
    Next is one on world growth rates. The article I was looking for talks about the corellation of technology with birth rates.

As of this time however the world birth rate is only at 2.6, just slightly above replacement.
    Last edited by Arrianna; Nov 06, 2006 at 09:18 PM.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

i reckon the world will end eventually somehow,someday.but while it still exists,the world leaders should forget bout war n use all the resources(money) to preserve this planet.the problem is dat even the common ppl at times don't bother 2 help n even aid in the increase of pollution which is destroying the planet even quicker.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15