+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 15

Thread: World Without Electricity? Now What?

  1. #1
    Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    792
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    World Without Electricity? Now What?

    Imagine that all of the world's energy building plants and anythign that has to do anything with energy/electricity was destroyed. What would you do? think of entertainment, food, basic survival, how you would act.

    To me i have to say that the only thing i might be good at is my basic survival skills. As long as there is food, i'll be able to live by cooking it on fires made from friction. I'll be a sort of neadrathal and fight for my food, scavenge any morcels of food i can buy. by the money will ahve no use to me so there goes my sane side lol :P

    just what i would do. What would you do though?

  2. #2
    Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Torrance, Ca.
    Posts
    444
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: World Without Electricity? Now What?

    well i'll tell you, living in a major city, we, the people living here, are basicly dead if that happens...citys require food be trucked in from the fields, if power broke, you cant get fuel into the trucks, the supply stops, we are toast...of crow food...people will turn into man eaters...if that happens head for the hills, to the farms and try to survive but the citys would become death zones...

    btw there is a Sci-fi book that looks into the loss of all power in the world, "Dies the fire" by S.M.Sterling is a good read, check it out.
    Don't Panic

  3. #3
    Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Posts
    3,804
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 61 Times in 56 Posts

    Re: World Without Electricity? Now What?

    Ooh.. this reminds me of something called... "the 3rd wave"

    war was divided to 3 waves... the first ones was to use mechanicals and lots of soldiers to win a war... the first wave... The soldiers are made fit and strong and deciplined so that they would follow orders with no question asked...

    The second wave... was the type of war where the use of high destructive weaponry are put in use... tanks,... aircrafts... and high tech weapons... you name em ^^

    And.. the one that has something to do with this thread is... the third wave... It's where information technology helps win a war without casualties from the winning side... how is that possible? By breaking into the computer system of coarse... ^^ Like in the new movie... umm... Die Hard 4... they will cut the electricity and water supply and also...telecomunication...

    Mass havoc will start... lots of lives will be lost like what Jepray said... in big cities of coarse...

    Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

  4. #4
    Otaku pink_hana may be famous one day pink_hana may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    ningen sekai
    Posts
    154
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: World Without Electricity? Now What?

    what, a world without those things...it's soOo boring...what's our purpose if we won't evolve right?? I mean with the world itself??>..<
    It would make me insane...Hell, yeah!!! o.0


    "Never tell a man that you love him until he has declared his undying love for you."

  5. #5
    Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Good question . . . where am I?
    Posts
    1,170
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts

    Re: World Without Electricity? Now What?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Da Ish View Post
    Imagine that all of the world's energy building plants and anythign that has to do anything with energy/electricity was destroyed. What would you do? think of entertainment, food, basic survival, how you would act.

    just what i would do. What would you do though?
    Well, I'm sure it will happen eventually . . . Kind of like a second Dark Age . . . only this one is literal.

    We would simply have to do what our ancestors did - bugger that - what our grandparents did. Electricity is relatively new. It's simple enough. Use candles, learn how to read a bloody book, interact with other people (**gasp**) . . . there's your entertainment.

    Food: gardens are amazingly useful and for meat you could just go to an open market. They still have those around.

    It would not even be BASIC survival. It would be pretty straightforward. I mean, the late 1800s/early 1900s were quite advanced and THEY didn't have electricity.

    I believe I would fit in quite well. I always knew I was born in the wrong era.

  6. #6
    Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    343
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 26 Times in 25 Posts

    Re: World Without Electricity? Now What?

    Survival
    I'll just move out to a community where a lot of farming goes on. And learn a bit of farming myself, too.

    Entertainment
    Stargazing, it'll be all clear for once! I'll read manga and some good novels, too... Go swimming a lot.

    My Reaction
    NOO!!! No more BL Games, BL anime, or BL manga scanlations?! WHY?! And my future career in computer programming! 100 USD per hour down the drain!
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

  7. #7
    Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Torrance, Ca.
    Posts
    444
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: World Without Electricity? Now What?

    Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    Well, I'm sure it will happen eventually . . . Kind of like a second Dark Age . . . only this one is literal.

    We would simply have to do what our ancestors did - bugger that - what our grandparents did. Electricity is relatively new. It's simple enough. Use candles, learn how to read a bloody book, interact with other people (**gasp**) . . . there's your entertainment.

    Food: gardens are amazingly useful and for meat you could just go to an open market. They still have those around.

    It would not even be BASIC survival. It would be pretty straightforward. I mean, the late 1800s/early 1900s were quite advanced and THEY didn't have electricity.

    I believe I would fit in quite well. I always knew I was born in the wrong era.
    but personal gardens are not enough to float a city the size of Los Angeles. the population here is way way more than the population that was around here 100 years or more ago...and we have no open markets here. Farmers markets, those foods come from soo far away. if we lost all power, no trucks no pumps for gas, and the trucks all stop...where will the food come from, the demand would out strip the supply in a matter of days of not hours...you cant survive in a city if all electricity stops working. traffic would grind to a halt, you wouldnt get 5 blocks before its blocked with an accident due to dead lights...as for what our grandparents did with out power, where will you find such tools, or someone who knows blacksmithing? gonna have to rob a history museum or find a bunch of Renactors...how many people do you know who can ride a horse, or even steped up to a real horse vs. look at pictures in a book. at least bicycles will still work...
    Don't Panic

  8. #8
    Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Good question . . . where am I?
    Posts
    1,170
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts

    Re: World Without Electricity? Now What?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jepray View Post
    but personal gardens are not enough to float a city the size of Los Angeles. the population here is way way more than the population that was around here 100 years or more ago...and we have no open markets here. Farmers markets, those foods come from soo far away. if we lost all power, no trucks no pumps for gas, and the trucks all stop...where will the food come from, the demand would out strip the supply in a matter of days of not hours...you cant survive in a city if all electricity stops working. traffic would grind to a halt, you wouldnt get 5 blocks before its blocked with an accident due to dead lights...as for what our grandparents did with out power, where will you find such tools, or someone who knows blacksmithing? gonna have to rob a history museum or find a bunch of Renactors...how many people do you know who can ride a horse, or even steped up to a real horse vs. look at pictures in a book. at least bicycles will still work...
    When it comes to gardens, a fair-sized one could take care of a family; look at Russia! There are plenty of good Samaritans out there anyway, in case you don't have a green thumb.

    If you don't have open markets now, you'll get some when the power goes out.

    (I know smithing . . . and I'm all right as an equestrian . . . It takes some learning, but people will learn to take care of themselves.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My world 2
    By RayMe in forum Poems
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jun 07, 2007, 05:28 AM
  2. The Best AMV Of The World
    By *EDWARD* in forum AMV's
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Sep 28, 2006, 06:08 AM
  3. A World Just For Us
    By powerxxx in forum Poems
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Aug 08, 2006, 08:11 PM
  4. The End Of The World
    By Someonew in forum The Chat Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: Jun 06, 2006, 09:11 PM
  5. End of the world
    By lord nikon in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: Jan 08, 2006, 12:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts