+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Would you help someone who refuses to help themselves?

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Would you help someone who refuses to help themselves?

It happened with me ... i keep trying on teaching my sister but she never listens and accepts failure as her only resolve .. i'm keeping on trying hoping she would change that limited view point ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a bad habit of helping people regardless of whether they are willing to help themselves or not. I always have in my head that if I help them this time the next time they'll do it on their own. However this is rarely the case and I end up feeling used and abused. But thats ok, I still love helping people.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NevesElocin View Post
    I have a bad habit of helping people regardless of whether they are willing to help themselves or not. I always have in my head that if I help them this time the next time they'll do it on their own. However this is rarely the case and I end up feeling used and abused. But thats ok, I still love helping people.
    That's why I cut people off after a certain point in time. People often mistake my kindness for weakness and try to use that against me, and all it does is murders my trust for that person. So, I often tell people that I'll help them, but once I see that they are unwilling to help themselves, they're a lost cause to me.

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

That's why I cut people off after a certain point in time. People often mistake my kindness for weakness and try to use that against me, and all it does is murders my trust for that person. So, I often tell people that I'll help them, but once I see that they are unwilling to help themselves, they're a lost cause to me.
    But its ok. Although, its painful I can still feel good about myself because I know I'm doing the right thing.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Newbie Jairo may be famous one day Jairo may be famous one day Jairo's Avatar
    Thanks

Well What can I say. I live in San Diego CA and I'm in high school. One of my classes is to help a teacher with her students, but the problem is that there is m any students that don't wanna try hard and every day they are asking me the same question. What they spect from me is to give them the answer and that is no t the idea. I told them that they have to try to do everything by themselve and try to learn. But what is their answer? " You can give us the answers why we need to study." That make me sad because they don't have any future if they cotinue doing this.

Forgive my misstake, Im not good writing English.
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Dec 18, 2007 at 08:55 AM. Reason: lighter shade of blue selected to make it easier to read.
    Do not dwell in the past... do not wonder about the future... just life the present to the fullness...

Otaku ryomakurosaki is off to a good start ryomakurosaki's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    We've all been there and I'm sure we all have at least one of these kinds of friends. Those people who constantly ask for help, but REFUSE to help themselves. My brother is one of those cases. He's a smoker, but can never support his own habit. Always asks for money, always expects free stuff and he expects you to hold his hand because he won't be a "big boy" and do things for himself.

What do you do when you're tired of helping those who can't/won't help themselves? I personally tell them what's what! I work my ass off, and I never get to reap what I sow, due to the fact that people like my brother are always asking for "help". So, eventually, I get fed up and give them the truth, "You're a tick and you need to start helping yourself, because I'm through with ya!!"

How about you? Let's discuss!
    My opinon in this discussion is that i would help still because sometimes if you push harder and force the person to get that taugh in their head it actually works. Also maybe leaving them is a good thing too because they will know that they are pushing the people they love away. I understand why people would snap on the person because it does get annoying to keep trying to help and nothing happens.

But for this discussion my answer is yes.
    [/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT]

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jairo View Post
    Well What can I say. I live in San Diego CA and I'm in high school. One of my classes is to help a teacher with her students, but the problem is that there is m any students that don't wanna try hard and every day they are asking me the same question. What they spect from me is to give them the answer and that is no t the idea. I told them that they have to try to do everything by themselve and try to learn. But what is their answer? " You can give us the answers why we need to study." That make me sad because they don't have any future if they cotinue doing this.

Forgive my misstake, Im not good writing English.
    Ugh, I remember those days. It's partially why I skipped so much school. "Sprout, what's the answer to question 2? Y'know what? Just gimme 2 through 12." WHAT??? Studying is hard enough on one's own--depending on the class--so why should I make it harder on myself by helping you learn something you're refusing to learn.

It's not even learning if you're just givin' answers away. What do the learn from something they paid no attention to in the first place? That's why I never read aloud in class as well. "Make the kids who really need the practice do it," I'd say. Some people are content with their ignorance, it seems. I mean, when you're in the 11th grade and still reading at a 3rd grade level, you really need to help yourself, because obviously, everyone else has tried and gave up.

Otaku Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me may be famous one day Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me may be famous one day Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me's Avatar
    Thanks

Ugh I can really relate to this. My mum has an alcohol problem, I used to always try and help her but she just uses me and dosn't try to do a single thing for herself. So I stopped helping her and things are exactly the same, except I feel guilty for not helping her.

So in answer to your question I think I would only help someone once becuase no one can help them better than themselves.

TY Sasurai for the lovely sig!*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast