+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: Would you help someone who refuses to help themselves?

Newbie Elkreado is off to a good start Elkreado's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Would you help someone who refuses to help themselves?

im used to it when it comes to my sister. she has been a diabetic ever since she was 9 and often through neglect her blood sugars have dropped to dangerous levels but being in that state she doesnt accept help. ive literally had to force food in her mouth to get her well again. i realise its not her concious decision to do this (like in the smoking case) but everyone makes mistakes and i think that without help they will just continue to do their mistakes untill something bad happens.

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

If I tried once and failed......then oh well.......I really do not give a damn after that.....
    I tried my best and if my friend did not see that......that he or she can go to hell........
    Is it not my problem anymore!!!!
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Otaku LEtters Champion, PopWord Champion, Alphabet Soup Champion, Baby Destruction Champion bellocanlver is off to a good start
    Thanks

of course not bcuz i would be wasting my time (personal experince) :
    Temari is so Cool

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll give it one try, but after that i also cut them off. I am only so tolerant of people who cant help themselves...if they cant pick themselves up outa the gutter no amount of help from the outside can help them...
    Don't Panic

Newbie xXxBloodlustxXx is off to a good start xXxBloodlustxXx's Avatar
    Thanks

I try to help anyone I can, even if they won't help themselves. I just think that maybe, if you actually try really hard to help them, that sometimes they notice what you're trying to do and why you're trying, and that they'll start to help themselves. I also think that many people try to help others who won't help themselves because we have bleeding hearts, and it just won't leave us alone until we try. There's only been one case, I think, where I had given up on someone. I can only hope she'll realize what she's done and fixes it in time.

Newbie Jairo may be famous one day Jairo may be famous one day Jairo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Ugh, I remember those days. It's partially why I skipped so much school. "Sprout, what's the answer to question 2? Y'know what? Just gimme 2 through 12." WHAT??? Studying is hard enough on one's own--depending on the class--so why should I make it harder on myself by helping you learn something you're refusing to learn.

It's not even learning if you're just givin' answers away. What do the learn from something they paid no attention to in the first place? That's why I never read aloud in class as well. "Make the kids who really need the practice do it," I'd say. Some people are content with their ignorance, it seems. I mean, when you're in the 11th grade and still reading at a 3rd grade level, you really need to help yourself, because obviously, everyone else has tried and gave up.

I think you are righ, thanks God that I'm not gonna be T.A any more
    Do not dwell in the past... do not wonder about the future... just life the present to the fullness...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6