+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you lengthen your life if it means more suffering?

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Would you lengthen your life if it means more suffering?

I did a search on this, but couldn't find anything alike this ^^ Therefore...

I wanted to ask you all what you would choose if you found out that you are ill and the only way of cure means that your life becomes quite miserable. An example could be cancer and chemotherapy- you can try it, but it not always works and it also can cause a lot of pain and so on.

Anyways, just immagine such a situation and tell what you would choose-
    1. to lengthen your life even though it could be quite miserable (if it's 1-2 years and if it's more than 10 years) or
    2. to enjoy the time you have left

And extra question from RayMe: What would make you end your life without hesistatin?

Well I would most likely rather choose to simply enjoy the time I have left even though it would hurt a lot to leave behind all my friends and my boyfriend. I wouldn't want to gain a year or two, which is full of pain and pills and stuff like that.
    Although you could argue whether not trying to do all you can would be a kind of a suicide... And I don't want to do suicide.
    But still I really wouldn't want to go into chmotherapy or radiation therapy... I would try to lengthen my life just a bit by eating healthy and I must surely go to a curort, a beach, with nice warm weather like... Malaysia maybe?
    Last edited by Lasura; May 29, 2008 at 03:30 PM.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Would you lengthen your life if it means more suffering?

Will i could for some but how long do you mean like 50 years 20 ,10 what but for me it would be hard i would want to be with my friends and family be there for them for me it would be terrible.
    Last edited by The GunGrave of Trigun; May 29, 2008 at 11:01 AM.

Thanks

Well it's ussually for a year or two... with cancer I mean. If you want, you can tell how long the time should be for you to decide that you want to take the chance.

I guess I could decide to live if it was like 10 years or more, though the more time you have to spend as a miserable pill-addictive person, the worse it gets... I would also become a burden on my parent's shoulders and so on... I don't really want that. So I'd still rather say no...

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Will if i had cancer i would choose to go through the pain an be with my family you know.

Otaku Neon 2 Champion, BMX Stunts Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Robo Slug 2 Champion Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x's Avatar
    Thanks

wow, this is an interesting topic to talk about.

If it were up to me, I would not want to stall my end. Cause at the end, I would be a goner regardless. I would want to do the things I always wanted before I go of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    A forum post should be like a skirt. Long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting.

Thanks

Thank you sol-x. ^^ I'm glad you think so, my threads mostly suck

Well I completely agree with you. You must die sooner or later, though I'd really would wish to be able to spend some time with my beloved one. I think that I wouldn't be able to do the things I want to before I die too, because they'd all be connected to being with my bf and it would just hurt him very much if I spent a bit of time with him at last and then... die @.@ I can't be so selfish. But i bet living with half-alife and always-in-pain me would be even harder.
    So I guess, at this point I would be destinned to die without meeting some of my dreams.. I would just have to be strong and be able to enjoy everything without that one thing...

Otaku mere is off to a good start mere's Avatar
    Thanks

The thing is it really depends on what is happening in my life at that particular instent.
    Most likely if there is someone that needed me to be strong during that time i would go with the lengthened life even if it ment being some what miserable.. i wouldn't mind being miserable if it was to help someone else out...
    but if at that time i could just enjoy it with my family and friends i would probably do just that...but it would be hard for me to feel my love ones' pain if i did die and they could have had a chance to prevent it

Thanks

No they dont suck RayMe you just pick things that people dont talk about that doesnt mean they suck i like this post its very cool its cool to hear what people say .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast