+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Would you lengthen your life if it means more suffering?

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Would you lengthen your life if it means more suffering?

Very fun topic....when I first read it though I was thinking about just living longer and my answer to that was "Ch'yeah! Who cares about watching close ones die, you get to replace them with new people AND see those flying cars!"

Anywho...Honestly I can't choose. I would go through the chemotherapy for one reason. GEt that horrible immune system, feel those horrible side effects and when my immune system is down, just try my best to have diseases and such invade my body. NOT get bone marrow transplants....see how long I can last in this horrible weak state. If I DON'T die....I'm going to be ridiculing doctors.

But also....I see no real point in extending your life (Despite what I just put above...that's all for fun). Especially for the reasons of being with a family or loved one. You're going to lose them sooner or later, makes no difference. Then again, this is me who's talking and I'm hell of a lot different than most people I meet (When it comes to those type of morals, views, whatever you want to call it).

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

well i wouldnt want to extend my life. wehats the point?

and to answer RayMe's question, i would end my life prematurely mainly for my own selfish reasons. i've always wanted to know what the experience is like, so therefore, that would be the best way.
    Why hello there!

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    i would end my life prematurely mainly for my own selfish reasons. i've always wanted to know what the experience is like, so therefore, that would be the best way.
    Ahh... a very interesting reason ^^ But wouldn't you be afraid that you wouldn't like the experience or that it is too short? I am also very curious about how death feels, but I'm curious about many things and I wouldn't put my hands on myself, I rather enjoy all the time I have (the good things and the bad things...)

@ Aleister Sithis: ok, I would almost say that you are one sick man O.o In a good meaning though, you know... world needs some diversity.
    It seems terribly odd though that you call long term suffering fun. I mean I understand that some people like to feel pain for some amount of time (even I-if I have a bruise I keep pressing on it because it feels nicely painfull ) and I myself can enjoy moral suffering, but too much of everything can do only harm... So I bet you wouldn't have fun with it as much as you say but it's always nice to see some meaningful opinions

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't want to live long just so I can suffer. To me living long is overrated. Sure I'll get to see my grandkids and their kids etc grow up (If I have any kids to start with) but really it isn't worth getting some disease or going blind when I'm 90. (Supposedly that is the age when glaucoma will start to kick in if it hasn't already) I keep telling myself that I will not live past 70 because of the simple fear that majority of my insides are going to go down the proverbial toliet and I'll end up stuck to some machine keeping me alive.

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

my answer is yes not that i am a masochist but my belief is anything that doesn't kill us makes us stronger
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

Haha i see... I understand

Well there are certain things that would make you.. well... literally "forget" the pain.. and there are certain things that you would hold the pain to have that "certain thing"

For me i would... i mean, if there is chance to live.. even having pain i would'nt mind but unless it cause unnecessary burden for others.. well haha.. I'll just have the good ol' grim reaper reap me off my body and take me away What good for me to live if people are moaning and whining about the bills and all sorts of stuff sheesh...

I sound like an old grouch here... o.O must be Lenny's influence.... Just kidding man

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Newbie anialator is off to a good start
    Thanks

i wouldnt i would just let my life go i mean i would like to be with my freinds and family but i wouldnt mess around with nature but thats just me.

Otaku BrokenLover101 is off to a good start BrokenLover101's Avatar
    Somewhere where only simplicity can take me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    Anyways, just immagine such a situation and tell what you would choose-
    1. to lengthen your life even though it could be quite miserable (if it's 1-2 years and if it's more than 10 years) or
    2. to enjoy the time you have left

And extra question from RayMe: What would make you end your life without hesistatin?
    To lengthen my life even though it could be quite miserable

The death of my loved one.
    X.x.X The only thing I'll ever want... X.x.X

X.x.X Is for you to love me the way I love you.. X.x.X

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast