+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Would you lengthen your life if it means more suffering?

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Would you lengthen your life if it means more suffering?

I would live long enough to get my affairs in order, write my will, talk to all the people I've been meaning to talk to, do all the things I've been putting off (like touring the grand canyon) and die peacefully if God permits. Pain might be there but I can't die knowing I've left something undone or unsaid.

Otaku heartless is off to a good start
    Thanks

well for me,i would say that i would enjoy the time i have left so i dont have to feel the pain..LOL,well ive been expierencing pain for years,ive been suffering maybe not physically but emotionally,its so hard to find the right happiness,with no friends and no family,and ive always been thinking of ending my life every night,but i cant,coz by that,i'll be a sinner.
    sometimes i wish i never existed
    -heartless.DY-025

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    Well I would most likely rather choose to simply enjoy the time I have left even though it would hurt a lot to leave behind all my friends and my boyfriend. I wouldn't want to gain a year or two, which is full of pain and pills and stuff like that.
    Well Lasura, many people like to think of others instead of themselves.

i.e. Their children, their spouse, their parents.

How would their death affect their loved ones? What will happen once they are gone?

People want to try and stay alive because 1. No one wants to die when they're not ready, and let's face it. Whose ever going to be ready for death? And 2. They want to know that things will be okay once they're gone. Be it with their children (whose going to take care of them?) Their spouse (are they going to be okay?) Simple questions and concerns like this keep one wanting to stay alive during circumstances such as Cancer or any kind of Terminal Illness.

Just the thought of it is scary. Imagine having it, Lasura. You would do anything in your will power to try and fight it, or stay alive. If only for your brothers and sisters, or anyone else.

I mean, choosing not to take the chemotherapy is usually a decision people make after years of doing it, and seeing no results. But in most scenarios such as these, people choose to live. Life is all you've got. Until you go elsewhere.

So obviously, if it were me, I would try my best and stay alive. I would want to know if my mother and father would be okay. I would want to see my younger siblings grow up as much as I can.. and if worse comes to worse, then I would choose to not accept the therapy or take the pills if I knew I was unresponsive.

Quote Originally Posted by heartless View Post
    well for me,i would say that i would enjoy the time i have left so i dont have to feel the pain..LOL,well ive been expierencing pain for years,ive been suffering maybe not physically but emotionally,its so hard to find the right happiness,with no friends and no family,and ive always been thinking of ending my life every night,but i cant,coz by that,i'll be a sinner.
    Do you realize how lucky you are in this world? There are people starving with no food and no water. There are people so poor they aren't able to get any education because they don't have enough money to buy clothes or school supplies. There are people dying with cancer, heart illnesses, AIDS and everything of the like, wishing to God that they'd have more time to live. It disgusts me how inconsiderate you are towards those who are dying, and how ungrateful you are for living the life you have.
    Last edited by The White Wolf; Jun 12, 2008 at 09:35 AM.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

i would only prolong my death if it meant that i was doing it to say goodbye to someone. thats the only reason why i would prolong my life. just to say goodbye. and maybe have a day with the love of my life.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

if it was for a good reason... but if not and was in alot of pain death would be more welcomeing... ever suiside would be an idea...
    death and life are one and the same

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Well Lasura, many people like to think of others instead of themselves.

i.e. Their children, their spouse, their parents.

How would their death affect their loved ones? What will happen once they are gone?

People want to try and stay alive because 1. No one wants to die when they're not ready, and let's face it. Whose ever going to be ready for death? And 2. They want to know that things will be okay once they're gone. Be it with their children (whose going to take care of them?) Their spouse (are they going to be okay?) Simple questions and concerns like this keep one wanting to stay alive during circumstances such as Cancer or any kind of Terminal Illness.

Just the thought of it is scary. Imagine having it, Lasura. You would do anything in your will power to try and fight it, or stay alive. If only for your brothers and sisters, or anyone else.

I mean, choosing not to take the chemotherapy is usually a decision people make after years of doing it, and seeing no results. But in most scenarios such as these, people choose to live. Life is all you've got. Until you go elsewhere.

So obviously, if it were me, I would try my best and stay alive. I would want to know if my mother and father would be okay. I would want to see my younger siblings grow up as much as I can.. and if worse comes to worse, then I would choose to not accept the therapy or take the pills if I knew I was unresponsive.
    No, by not lengthening my life I'm also thinking about them, I know how waiting for the moment when a person will die is even harder than just facing the fact that he/she is dead, it can make you mad... And I would be a terrible burden onto everyone aroudn me if I took the decision to lengthen my life, making it so miserable.
    I mean I would try everything I can, I would try my best to lengthen, but not into where it means suffering, like going to chemical therapy and stuff like that, and I know my family would approve my decision, my mother has said herself, for example, that she would never go to cemotherapy... And I mean how much it costs!!! I would in the end leave my family anyways and then I'd leave them with bad memories about my suffering and totally broke! I would never want that... I think it's more cruel than just living last hours to the fullest.. They would remember me still smiling, still excited about life, with no great pain and they would have something to live further on...
    I mean I understand everyone who would rather live in pain, but just to be with their family, but I don't think my family would appriciate it that much.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5